News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cordoba Question

Started by rusty lee, October 24, 2006, 02:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty lee

What body is a Cordoba? B body  is my guess since it looks like a 4th gen charger. will the disc brakes off a 76 work on a 69 Charger ?  Thanks

billfury

75-79 cordoba's a b body.The k frame and suspension is the same for 74 charger's and some 73's I think.I don't think it will fit a 69 charger.
Billfury

Nacho-RT74

since 73 alll B bodies K frames are the same, but not interchangeable with earliers
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rusty lee

Ok thanks had a guy try to sell me a conversion kit off a Cordoba. wasn't sure if it would work. Thanks

is_it_EVER_done?

The brake Assemblies, from the spindles out, will bolt right on your 69. Just make sure you have 15 inch wheels as the Cordoba will have the 12 inch brakes that won't work with 14 inch wheels.

rusty lee

so as a conversion kit they will work with 15 in rims   will master cylinder and proportioning valve work?
Thanks

is_it_EVER_done?

Yeah, everything will work great. I've done this over a couple dozen times over the years. Best "bang for the buck" you can possible do to your car.

deputycrawford

I take it you need the spindles and all? Will it create any caster or camber differences? I am asking if it will have any effect on the angles of the steering or suspension geometry of the second gens?
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

rusty lee

yes I am converting to disc. thanks

squeakfinder

Quote from: rusty lee on October 24, 2006, 05:21:43 PM
so as a conversion kit they will work with 15 in rims   will master cylinder and proportioning valve work?
Thanks

You'll need a proportioning valve from a disc brake car, if thats what your asking. I used one from a 75 Dart. It bolted right in place of the drum brake proportioning valve on my 68, I'm not sure if the Cordoba's will fit wright in place.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

rusty lee

OK so I'm clear on this. I can use Cordoba brakes to convert my 69 to disc. But I will need to use 15 in rims.

rusty lee

Ok the mopar tech archive says not to use 75 up b body. my guess is because there taller. so if that is the only issue wich seams to be hotly debated. Then yes Cordoba brake parts will fit my 69 charger but I need 15 in rims. (and forget all the geometry stuff for a minute)  So that being said I can buy these parts and barring any mathematical stuff they will fit my charger. Any one who has used 75 up B body brakes PLEASE chime in.... THANK YOU

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: rusty lee on October 27, 2006, 02:28:25 AM
Ok the mopar tech archive says not to use 75 up b body. my guess is because there taller. so if that is the only issue wich seams to be hotly debated. Then yes Cordoba brake parts will fit my 69 charger but I need 15 in rims. (and forget all the geometry stuff for a minute)  So that being said I can buy these parts and barring any mathematical stuff they will fit my charger. Any one who has used 75 up B body brakes PLEASE chime in.... THANK YOU

since 71, B bodies are lower not taller. If you put side by side a 3rd gen with a second gen, 3rd gen looks lower from factory

One of the changes on body desgin between 2nd and 3rd gen was they lowered the car. That's one of the importans things on the body change to get better aerodinamic rate. that what I have read. Never have seen 2nd gen Chargers personally, but yes 68-70 Coronets
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

71charger_fan

So, have you not read through the links? It's actually '73-up B-bodies. The body styles changed in '75 but the spindles changed in '73. I've had them on mine for about 14 years.

rusty lee

Yes I read most of them and thats why I'm asking if anyone who used them would chime in. Since it seams to me that there is NO definate YES or NO to this question  just real world experince. So if you have had no ill effects after 15 years then my guess is 1 vote pro. Thanks for all the info.

71charger_fan

I have yet to find a critic of the taller spindles that has first hand experience with them.  Most of the critics are just aping what they read in Mopar Action. I have also yet to find any first hand report of any trouble with the taller spindles.

Ghoste

In that little pissing contest between Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle on this conversion, didn't Mopar Muscle finally go out and do the conversion and drive the car around with no ill effects?  I can't recall exactly but I thought I read something about how they determined that only some kind of incredible side load from something like SCCA racing could ever hope to put undue stress on it?

Nacho-RT74

eeeehmmm reading better the replies... about SPINDLE ITSELF. The shaft where the rotor, wheel etc... is assemblied it could be at higher point to get lowered the car compairing with earliers...

I don't know if you were talking about THAT specifically when you said TALLER or was talking abou the car itself

71charger_fan

The taller reference is to the dimension between the top of the spindle at horizontal surface where the hole is drilled for the ball joint stud and the center of the holes to mount the lower ball joint. This slightly changes the angle of the upper control arm at rest. The concern was that since the upper control arm was already part way through its travel at rest, it might bind the upper ball joint at full suspension compression. Another concern was as the arm moves up, because it's starting slightly higher, it could result in increased bump steer.