News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black superbird on dazed and confused

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 23, 2006, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

BB1

Delete my profile

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mean 318

a lot of good music too! IMO it was a good movie! :icon_smile_big:

terrible one

Ahh I love that movie! Haha and I remember the first time I watched it I barely caught the Plymouth callout on that Bird and rewound it a few times.

Chris_3

Hey man, your posting some cool pictures! Love that movie Dazed and Confussed. Lots of great cars in it for sure!That Sunbird is cool! Theres also a sweet 70 SS Chevelle in there too! Wish they had a few Dodge Chargers in it. I think there may have been one parked in the parking lot at the school in the distance in a scene i beleive. I think Ben Aflecks character had a Dodge Demon? Some great Muscle car music in that movie too!Anyway, cool movie.

Okay,Correct me if im wrong, but that horror movie Christine, wasnt there a blue Dodge Charger with cragers in that movie? That was pretty sweet! Thanks for posting!

topduarte

Move was made here in Austin.  We live right by the game hall place when it was being filmed.

Never noticed the black Superbird.

I only know of two superbirds here in town, oney yellow and one Petty Blue.

Drache

I've got the special edition of it! Supposedly based loosely on a true story. A few people sued the movie company because their likenesses were used without permission. Very good movie!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

myk

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.  I should sue the Fast and Furious franchise for having asians in the last movie that look like me. 

Anyway, there was a beautiful blue Charger with Cragars in Christine. 

Also, in Dazed and Confused, the shot of the GTO rolling into the high school parking lot with Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion playing is a really cool opening...

41husk

was that car just shown briefly?  I have the movie and don't remember seeing that car.  I haven't watched in a long time, maybe I need to take another look.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mean 318

myk

Quote from: 41husk on October 25, 2006, 02:41:46 PM
was that car just shown briefly?  I have the movie and don't remember seeing that car.  I haven't watched in a long time, maybe I need to take another look.

The 'Bird or the 'Goat?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: topduarte on October 23, 2006, 08:07:11 PM
Move was made here in Austin.  We live right by the game hall place when it was being filmed.

Never noticed the black Superbird.

I only know of two superbirds here in town, oney yellow and one Petty Blue.

The black Superbird in the movie belongs to a friend in Austin, and was originally B5 Blue.  In the mid 1990s the Superbird was repainted the original color and is absolutely beautiful!!!

Here is a picture of the car at the Waco Mini Nats in the mid 1980s, next to the only known to survive documented 1970 Hemi Challenger R/T equipped from the factory with a T/A hood and a very highly optioned Hemi Cuda...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Mean 318

69_500

Just curious but is the HEMI Challenger in that photo the El Toro HEMI as they called it at Carlisle 2 years ago?

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on October 27, 2006, 08:31:40 AM
Just curious but is the HEMI Challenger in that photo the El Toro HEMI as they called it at Carlisle 2 years ago?

No... my understanding is that the "El Toro" car is not documented as having come with a T/A hood.

This car is currently owned by Patrick F. in New York... uses the ID "HemiPat" on Moparts...

The only other Hemi car that is documented as having come from the factory with a T/A hood was apparently destroyed in the 1980s, but the original broadcast sheet still exists.

XS

Chris G.

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 27, 2006, 05:27:57 PM
No... my understanding is that the "El Toro" car is not documented as having come with a T/A hood.
XS

wow, that's really interesting. The "El Toro" car was in Building "T" 2 years ago. I always thought it was original to the car.

Just how is a car officially documented with having a T/A hood? Is it on the broadcast sheet? I'm very interested.

Cool pic BTW. Love the old skool pics.  :thumbs:

FastbackJon

What I really noticed in that movie was the early '90's Chevy Blazer in the background when they are driving through a neighborhood, I think you can see it out the windshield. Wouldn't normally be anything but the movie is set in 1976.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

old man

The movie is one of the best movies about 1976. The hazing by seniors was just like what happened in my hometown. The teachers would turn their back as freshmen were "taken care of". I was 5'10 and 240 and a center on the football team and my punishment was as brutal as everyone else. No one was hurt but it was tradition and it was fun ( unless you were a freshman ). The cars were the type we had going to school, mine being a 69 GTO Judge I paid $1000 for. This movie brings back old memories and yes when I became the senior I was one of the worst. We used to all gather on Saturday night and go to 151 highway and race all night. Burning rubber and drinking beer, oh the good old days. GREAT MOVIE.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Chris G. on October 27, 2006, 06:51:41 PM
Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 27, 2006, 05:27:57 PM
XS

wow, that's really interesting. The "El Toro" car was in Building "T" 2 years ago. I always thought it was original to the car.

Just how is a car officially documented with having a T/A hood? Is it on the broadcast sheet? I'm very interested.

Cool pic BTW. Love the old skool pics.  :thumbs:

IIRC, the option code N94 was on both the broadcast sheet and fender tag.  I thought that I had a copy of the broadcast sheet from Mark's old car, but have not been able to find it... my "archives" are not the best organized.

XS

4cruzin

Some sweet pics!!  Never noticed the superbird in that movie but will look for it next time I watch it!!   :yesnod:   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .