News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheapest way to get a non-runner from California to Seattle? Any input???

Started by nakita7, October 29, 2006, 02:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakita7

Won a car on Ebay and need some help getting it home! A non-running car from San Jose to Seattle, or possibly into Canada where I am. Any input appreciated. Transport, private haulers, anything at all...thanks!

dalkris@hotmail.com

THE CHARGER PUNK

where do u live in canada? could always have the car shipped in a semi or make the long haul and tow it with a trailer or u-haul, -MATT

Argos_Chargers

Before you try to bring the car into Canada you need to make sure you have your i's dotted and your t's crossed.
Call Canada Customs (and also the provincial gov't.)  Make sure you have ALL of the documentation that each government requires to import the car.  You can not be too careful.  I have a friend who almost lost his car, truck and trailer because of that.  They have the right to impound the vehicle and whatever tows it if you don't produce the correct documentation!  As it was, his vehicles were held for three (I think) days before he could come back and get them.  I have heard of people who have lost their vehicle trying to get it into Canada.  It costs more, but if you go through a hauler that is familiar with the brokerage procedure, they will be sure you have what you need or they will not touch your vehicle.

Argo
MoPar -- The only way to fly!