News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress pics on the Belvedere...........

Started by R2, October 26, 2006, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

I enclosed some pics on the work i am doing on the 65 Belvedere Strip car,,,, :icon_smile_cool:
Going to get it painted,,,,so i pulled the motor/trans/interior/trim,,,,etc,,,pretty much everything except the glass,,,,, :o
Hope to get the car to the painter in the next few weeks,,,,and be up and racing by spring time,,,, :yesnod:
Might freshin the motor as well while i have it out,,,and maybe a few "upgrades"..... :icon_smile_evil:

After its all done,,,,,I am going to start on the Charger............. :icon_smile_wink:

tan top

been busy (R2)  looks like it is just a flat and paint , the body looks straight from the pictures  :scope:   what color is going ,  also what you got planed for the charger  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

R2

yup, pretty busy with tearing the car down for paint....its a clean car,,,just needs a little tlc,,,and a new paint job,,,and it should be pretty nice,,,,,but it is only a strip car....
Not sure on the Charger plans,,,,right now,,,its a street/strip car,,,,mid 11's,,,,,might think about making it more "stock" appearing,,,,but performance oriented,,,,
It has a 496 Stroker in it now,,,with an automatic,,,,,its orignally a RT/SE 4 speed car,,,,,i still have the 4 speed,,,and will likely put it back in...........we'll see,,,,
Thanks for the response,,,
Doug R2
ps,,,keeping the color of the belvedere under raps,,,,still havent decided,,,,original color is "gold",,,,,might go for a different color.......... :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

duo-stripe

MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

R2

Trans came out today,,,,,
All the electrical is out of the trunk,,(kill switch,,,,fuel pump wiring,,,,etc,,,)
Fuel cell and lines are out...
Just have to pull the master cylinder and a few interior pieces,,,,,and that should be it............
:o

bull

R2, that poor Charger is being neglected. Would you like me to take care of her for a while until you have more time for her? :angel:

R2

QuoteR2, that poor Charger is being neglected. Would you like me to take care of her for a while until you have more time for her

LOL,,,,I actually took the Charger out today,,,,but i will admit,,,it has been awhile since the car has been out.... :yesnod: :'(
If you are in the neighborhood,,,,,stop over,,,,and i'll throw you the keys.... :icon_smile_big:

Doug

firefighter3931

Quote from: R2 on October 29, 2006, 09:27:32 PM
[I actually took the Charger out today,,,,but i will admit,,,it has been awhile since the car has been out.... :yesnod: :'(

It hasn't been that long has it ? Wasn't that badboy out just last month ?  ;)

Ron

Ps. Nice progress on the 65....lookin forward to the new paint scheme !  :devil:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Quote from: R2 on October 29, 2006, 09:27:32 PM
QuoteR2, that poor Charger is being neglected. Would you like me to take care of her for a while until you have more time for her

LOL,,,,I actually took the Charger out today,,,,but i will admit,,,it has been awhile since the car has been out.... :yesnod: :'(
If you are in the neighborhood,,,,,stop over,,,,and i'll throw you the keys.... :icon_smile_big:

Doug

Hmm. All I need is an address and plane tickets. :yesnod:

Just so all you guys know, I will drive anyone's classic Charger here at any time. I don't want you guys thinking R2 is the only one I offer this service to. ;)

rare69

your plymouth looks awesome! my next car will hopefully be a 65 belvedere, i love those things. my dad had a factory light weight 65 hemi belvedere in the air force bought it brand new.

kamkuda

Doug I have heard that you like some red cars :icon_smile_cool: I believe I have an idea what you are planning :devil:

Rob

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull-itt on October 29, 2006, 10:07:06 PM

Just so all you guys know, I will drive anyone's classic Charger here at any time. I don't want you guys thinking R2 is the only one I offer this service to. ;)

I can vouch for that.  And he didn't even charge me.  ;)  Hopefully by now he's not still missing a gear now and then.  ;D

R2, if you go and change the color from gold, you'll have to buy a new truck.  A black ride sitting with a red one would look sweet in the garage.
Keep the pix comin.  :thumbs:

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 31, 2006, 10:23:05 PM
Quote from: bull-itt on October 29, 2006, 10:07:06 PM

I can vouch for that.  And he didn't even charge me.  ;)  Hopefully by now he's not still missing a gear now and then.  ;D

All I need is more practice. ;D I'm sure I'd do fine with an automatic though. :yesnod: :icon_smile_evil:

R2

Thanks guys,,,,,,
Driving the automatic is pretty easy compared to rowing the gears with the 4 speed,,,,a whole new appreciation for people like Ronnie Sox.........

Not sure on the color,,,,but not sure it will be red,,,,,,Rob,,,,that pic is from Norwalk ?,,,I note Ron is standing next to me....in case i start drooling too much,,,that car is Pete's from Best Machine,,,and is awesome,,,,,
You'll have to ask Ron about the color,,,,lol.....but he's been sworn to not to tell...lol....thats providing he hasnt had one to many Keith's..............lol

Thanks 472, bull-itt, Kam,rare69, 41husk, duo, silver,,,and tan,,,

I wasnt sure how this post was going to go on the "charger" site,,,seeing as its a Belvedere ............. lol.....

I'll post some pics as i get them.........

Hemidoug

Doug, ya gota keep those progress pics coming! I can't wait to dig into mine. Once my 71 is done at the body shop (been a year in December) it will free up some cash for my 65. I can't wait to see what color you decide on. I think I know, but I'm not sayin' nuttin! :icon_smile_big: She sure is a pretty car! I've always like the 65 in this color;

PS...Once you start rowing some gears in that 69, you won't miss that automatic! :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD