News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

parking brake question

Started by busteed, October 13, 2006, 09:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busteed

I am  currently removing my axle housing (8-1/4) on my 74 Charger.  I am having problems releasing my parking brake cables from the connectors at mid body.  I can't push the cable ends in far enough to disconnect.  Should I loosen the equilizer to gain slack to remove the cables?  If so, Will this be enough to remove both sides?  Please give me a few suggestions.
    thanks
         Bryan Busteed

Charger_Fan

You could try loosening the equalizer, but it might be pretty rusted & possibly snap off the threads. The alternative would be to unhook the cables from the brake shoes inside the drum, that should give you all the slack you need.
If you're swapping the rear end, you'll need the cables out of there anyway.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chryco Psycho

soak the adjuster with penetrating oil & see if the nut will turn relatively easily Without twisting off the stud this will give you the slack to get it unhooked