News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The BSG That Almost Was...

Started by Brock Samson, October 19, 2006, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i don't know if your aware of this but there was another team working on BSG prior to the one that eventually came out in '02..

here's an excerpt from the website recounting the efforts to produce a continuation of the original series...

http://www.cylon.org/bsg/desanto-viper-01.html

"When the DeSanto/Singer production was cancelled, these Vipers were placed in storage.  According to leaders in the Battlestar Galacica miniseries, Universal Studios suffered a communication breakdown during which an accounting executive noted that storage space was still being used for a cancelled production.  He terminated paying for the storage fees.  The Vipers were smashed apart with hammers and tossed into a landfill."

Full-Scale Advanced Colonial Viper Mock-Up

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

I actually like the look of the various Cylon robots compared to the ones in the new series, but I'm glad we have what we have all other things considered.

Khyron

if I remember correctly, the actor that played apollo was heading that up. That caused the bitternes between him and this new series.

They did in turn offer him a part in this one.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Khyron on October 20, 2006, 10:02:37 PM
if I remember correctly, the actor that played apollo was heading that up. That caused the bitternes between him and this new series.

They did in turn offer him a part in this one.

Richard Hatch?  ???
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

yep, thats him, there was a whole show on the new battlestar before the first 2 shows. and he was talking about it. It had a lot of the original cast, but the execs dumped it. He wasn't too happy.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

That's interesting. I wonder if it would of ever been as good as the current one though.
PETE

Brock Samson

i just had a thought...
(scary huh?..)

if ya' had one of those wooden mockups up top, and ya made a unibody of metal alround the wooden buck and then stuffed three turbines in the back...  ;)
ok.. never mind..   :-\

Khyron

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 21, 2006, 06:34:22 PM

if ya' had one of those wooden mockups up top, and ya made a unibody of metal alround the wooden buck and then stuffed three turbines in the back...  ;)

You would have a Mustang :nana:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

I was just cleaning my hard drive and found a promo for the BSG that never was...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

that's pretty cool but the vipers look old style,..  :-\

who was the chick?...  :icon_smile_big:

thanks for sharing..  ;)

Khyron

I have no idea who the chick was. It was awhile ago that I found that. maybe apollo got married? didn't he have a thing with some chick in the original. it's late and my memory sucks ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Khyron on October 21, 2006, 10:34:36 PM
I have no idea who the chick was. It was awhile ago that I found that. maybe apollo got married? didn't he have a thing with some chick in the original. it's late and my memory sucks ;)

Yeah, he was married to Serina who was Boxey's mom.

She died on Kobol when the Cylon's attacked them as they were exiting the tombs ('Lost Planet of the Gods' pts. 1 & 2).

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Mike DC

The new BSG seems like a really good TV series as it is. 

But part of the fun of watching the old show was the 70's-era looks of the whole thing.  You could totally tell that it was all ripped directly from the first "Star Wars" movie.