News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

217 members and looking good!

Started by RD, July 20, 2005, 02:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I kinda figured this was about the active following over at the "old site".  I understand there were over 10,000 members, but not 10,000 active participants ya know.

It will be a matter of time before this site gets that way, but I guess it is just nice to see a real number of forum "friends" members here.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

well hopefully non-active members get removed so we'll have accurate site this time
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 20, 2005, 02:22:03 PM
well hopefully non-active members get removed so we'll have accurate site this time

i wasnt abdicating that.  the higher numbers of members usually promotes a larger following or those who want to join.  of course that is totally relative to the activity, credibility and overall comfortability of the board and its current members.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Telvis

It's impressive that after only a few days this site is running like it's been here for years.

Charger_Fan

This site is the big light & we're all moths.  :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

AKcharger

We have more than 217 members now I think

kab69440

Well, an active member does not a relevant member make... :nana:

Dang, AK... you must have really had to dig to find this one!!!!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

AKcharger

Yeah, I was bored so I "resurrected" this one

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SirNik73

I haven't been on this site for a while, problems with my mercedes kinda got me away from the charger, and with that i slowly started to get more active on the Mercedes form and less active here. but at the same time i never left the site for more then a week. always "checking up on you guys" to be honest i love this site, and it is my home on the internet. and even though I haven't touched my charger in a few months, i'm here talking because you guys are my frineds.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

RD

Quote from: AKcharger on October 15, 2006, 02:11:49 AM

i have to admit, i was surprised as all get out to see this one back from the dead!!!!

Troy

I think it's cool that we're averaging 90 new members per month and 74 users online per day. There are some months where we've had over 100 online at the same time. If you remember, the old site would choke and die over 60 users so I'm happy about the way things are going.

As for this:
One of the problems of the old site was that new members were emailed a password before they could log in. Due to the fact that some people can't read, can't spell, or don't understand what "your password will be emailed to you" means, we ended up with a lot of bogus accounts. These were easy to spot as they were "registered" but had never logged in. Many had emails like "homail" instead of "hotmail" or they'd type "www.msn.com". Obviously they never got a password. The number of users is comparatively lower on this site but the number of invalid users is a lot lower as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Troy on October 16, 2006, 06:31:22 PM

As for this:
One of the problems of the old site was that new members were emailed a password before they could log in. Due to the fact that some people can't read, can't spell, or don't understand what "your password will be emailed to you" means, we ended up with a lot of bogus accounts. These were easy to spot as they were "registered" but had never logged in. Many had emails like "homail" instead of "hotmail" or they'd type "www.msn.com". Obviously they never got a password. The number of users is comparatively lower on this site but the number of invalid users is a lot lower as well.

I hadn't thought of that angle, but I sure got a good laugh out of the thought of it! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

. Many had emails like "homail" instead of "hotmail" or they'd type "www.msn.com".

Troy

my ex wife uses homail ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

moparsuebear

Quote from: AKcharger on October 15, 2006, 02:11:49 AM

I can help you get unbored, AK!!! Get out your webcam!!! ;)  I miss you!!
Go Bears!!

6pkrunner

Quote from: Khyron on October 16, 2006, 07:12:52 PM

-you made me spit my coffee all over my keyboard! ;D

Brock Samson

maybe we should chip in and get you a new one...  :rotz:

Steve P.

Quote from: Khyron on October 16, 2006, 07:12:52 PM
. Many had emails like "homail" instead of "hotmail" or they'd type "www.msn.com".

Troy

(wiping away the tears),,  I needed that.....  That was great! "HOMAIL"    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

Quote from: RD on July 20, 2005, 02:30:14 PM

i wasnt abdicating that.  the higher numbers of members usually promotes a larger following or those who want to join.  of course that is totally relative to the activity, credibility and overall comfortability of the board and its current members.

hey race...
those are some pretty big words for an eight year old...  ;D

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 21, 2006, 10:33:15 AM
Quote from: RD on July 20, 2005, 02:30:14 PM

hey race...
those are some pretty big words for an eight year old...  ;D
:haha: