News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Baseball fans? Time for Game 7, Mets and Cards

Started by twilt, October 19, 2006, 07:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilt

Almost world series time and no baseball threads running.  I`m a humble Mets fan- meaning that i don`t talk smack about them, just hope for the best. Their pitching rotation is a real mess.   

nh_mopar_fan

How's that Pedro signing working out for ya?

Two more years to go too and I think he's all done.

41husk

The game is on now, I am a cards fan but sure wish game 7 wasn't in NY.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chris G.

The Mets should be where they are, being the highest paid NL team. Nice to see the Yanks and Sox flop this year. Hopefully the Mets aren't far behind.  :icon_smile_wink:

I hope the Tigers whuup ass on whoever wins tonight.  :yesnod:

twilt

As a Mets fan, i am wary that even if they win tonight, the will get embarassed by the Tigers.  Granted, the Mets did spend
a few bucks on free agents, but its not as if they spend like the Yankees. NH, since you insisted on bring up Pedro, would you also like to talk about J. Beckett, M. Clements, and K.Foulke? :lol: :lol:

nh_mopar_fan

Clement is getting $9M and was a terrible signing.

Beckett is still young and it's too early to call him yet.

Maybe you missed it, but Foulke was on the mount in St. Louis in 2004.  ;D

Meanwhile, Petey got a 4 year deal. This year, that was $2m PER WIN.

Shutdown last season, DL this season.

I'm willing to take bets with anyone who thinks that years 3 and 4 on that contract are going to be better.

BrianShaughnessy

It'd be more fun to see the Tigers win against the Mets...    it'd really make my day  :icon_smile_cool: 

Unfortunately,  even tho I'll be in Motown on Saturday,  ticketbastard denied me the chance I had to go to game 1 for less than a mortgage payment.    So I'll go out with some friends and watch it on TV.   I had a better chance at game 2 tickets but not the time... oh well.

Meanwhile I got the Charger a temporary tattoo.     And then I won 3 trophies at the company car show today with it on too  :nana:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

twilt

NH,   I wouldn`t take that bet. Signing mid 30`s pitchers to long term contracts is always risky. Since you were nice enough not to mention Mo Vaughn :icon_smile_big: (at least your BoSox got a few good years out of him), I`ll return the favor by not mentioning the pitcher the Red Sox let leave via Free Agency about 10 years ago (thought he was washed up)

Chris G.

Geez Brian, you look like a member of D12 or something  ;).  Congrats on the trophies.  :yesnod:

Spike may know better than any of us, but what's the general consensus in Detroit about hosting a world series? I know when the super bowl was played there a couple years back, and there was big talk about the city hiding the poverty and general overall appearance. Is it the same feel for the world series?

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER on October 19, 2006, 08:21:11 PM
NH,   I wouldn`t take that bet. Signing mid 30`s pitchers to long term contracts is always risky. Since you were nice enough not to mention Mo Vaughn :icon_smile_big: (at least your BoSox got a few good years out of him), I`ll return the favor by not mentioning the pitcher the Red Sox let leave via Free Agency about 10 years ago (thought he was washed up)

That's a deal.

:-X

twilt

WoW, what a catch by Chavez. Robbed Rolen of a 2 run homer.  That probably was a game saver seeing that neither team is doing much with the bats so far tonight.

Spike

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2006, 08:21:16 PM
Geez Brian, you look like a member of D12 or something  ;).  Congrats on the trophies.  :yesnod:

Spike may know better than any of us, but what's the general consensus in Detroit about hosting a world series? I know when the super bowl was played there a couple years back, and there was big talk about the city hiding the poverty and general overall appearance. Is it the same feel for the world series?

Still fairly clean downtown, in and around the stadiums but we did see a newer Caddy stripped of it's wheels on cinder blocks after the last game vs the A's. :apimp:
Brian across the street from Comerica park at the State Theatre they have the game on a huge projector screen and I believe it is free to get in. The usuall drinking spots will be full early- HockeyTown, Cheli's Chili, the Elwood.
Don't have tix but we should be down there some where.

Old Moparz

Since the Yankees didn't make it, & my dad is a Met fan, I guess I have to cheer for the Tigers in the World Series if the Mets beat the Cardinals.   :D

I kind of felt sorry for Tiger fans the last few years, they lost like 400 games in 4 years.    :smilielol:

Whatever the outcome, I say there will be chaos in the streets, buses burned, & cars flipped in Detroit, so Brian better not bring the Charger.  :o
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twilt

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 19, 2006, 09:42:19 PM
there will be chaos in the streets, buses burned, & cars flipped in Detroit.  :o

Isn`t that called Urban Renewal?

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2006, 08:21:16 PM

Thanks!    and BTW... my rap name is Old Fat Cracka.     

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 19, 2006, 09:42:19 PM
Whatever the outcome, I say there will be chaos in the streets, buses burned, & cars flipped in Detroit, so Brian better not bring the Charger.  :o

If the Tigers win the series it's gonna be one of the bestest Devil's Nights ever!!!  :icon_smile_evil:

Anyway I can barely stand listening to Lisa b*tch and moan about my driving that I want to drop her off on the side of the thruway around New Paltz... let alone take her to Detroit.   I'll listen to her b*tch about the pilot instead tomorrow.   

Quote from: Spike on October 19, 2006, 09:27:03 PM
Brian across the street from Comerica park at the State Theatre they have the game on a huge projector screen and I believe it is free to get in. The usuall drinking spots will be full early- HockeyTown, Cheli's Chili, the Elwood.
Don't have tix but we should be down there some where.

Thanks for the info...    I don't know where I'll be.   My friend is arranging something wtih a bunch of the old gang for Saturday but I'll keep it in mind.l
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

i will be on my way back from Chicago Saturday, I hope I can get some tickets for game 3 or 4.  I scored some nice tickets for the LDS.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up