News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snohomish, Washington... help?

Started by dusterxhorrorx, October 19, 2006, 12:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusterxhorrorx

Sooo... I KNOW this is NOT at all a Charger, or even a MOPAR question/favor. :-\ But... i need assistance. :-\
I've been looking for a TDI Golf for a long time.  (amazing little commuter car!) And i've found one, the issue is that its in Snohomish, Washington.. So i cant easily just go look at this car and check it all out myself. :-[ So, i'm HOPING theres someone on here thats in that area that would be able/willing to go look at this car for me.

Thanks   :icon_smile_big:

-katie

Charger_Fan

I didn't know TDI Golf's were hard to find. :ahum:

I'd volunteer, if I wasn't currently 4 states away...I'd even post burnout pics! ;D  (if it'll do one  :icon_smile_tongue: )

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dusterxhorrorx

TDI golfs are harder to find. The jetta was/is more popular... so there are alot more of them. If i wanted a jetta i could get one here... like 2003 for 9,000. but i dont want a jetta (jetta shmetta  :icon_smile_dead: )

and the golf would burnout... you can chip the hell out of them and... oh man little torque machines!

PocketThunder

the reason why they are so hard to find is because the people that buy them never sell them.  they are such good cars on gas mileage.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dusterxhorrorx

very true... and alot of the ones that are for sale are INSANLY over priced... like a 2001 for 18500...  :icon_smile_dead:

i had the chance to buy one here.... 2001 for 12,900... and in less than 24 hours from when i looked at it... it was sold. i didnt buy it when i had the chance (when i looked at it) cause i got to the dealership within like 20minutes of closing and they didnt seem like they really wanted me to test drive it that night... soo... i was gonna test drive it the next day. and when i called to set up a good time to test drive it (at this point, without even driving it, i was 99% on buying it... night before i was 85% on buying it) and i was informed it was sold.  :'(

its tough that the first used car i'm buying (that runs.. and is more than 500bucks) isnt from here so i pretty much have to be set on buying it without even seeing it in person.  :-\

People love their golfs. Not as many people love their Jettas. hehe. And people love their manual golfs even more. Almost ever one i find that isnt insanely overpriced, is an auto... or a "tiptronic 5 speed" ... freakin AUTOMATIC!!!

sjmarsing

What would "looking" at the car entail? seeing if it runs? or performing a 250 point inspection?
As the sayings go: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "One mans trash is another mans treasure"
My sister lives in snohomish but I wouldn't have her go look at a car I was thinking about buying.  I would go look at it myself. (unless it was just to verify that the car starts - she could do that much) Keep in mind this is the same sister who asked me when I worked at a tire shop "why would anyone buy new tires when their car comes with tires?"

Brock Samson

sjmarsing

I know Isn't it?? I didn't even know how to respond!!

73dodge

Snohomish, Washington.

I had no idea there was such a place with that name.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

TK73

Quote from: 73dodge on October 19, 2006, 08:49:35 PM
Snohomish, Washington.

Cool little town on the Shohomish river.  Antique shops, good retaurants... puts on a killer 700+ car show in September (1st one my little girl ever went to at the age of 2 weeks)... almost bought a farm on the edge of town a few years back.

I'd volunteer for ya but don't have a clue what to check out on a VW...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

dads_69

Been there myself a few times. Wife and I would like to move there, but not sure of the work around there. I have a cousin living there.I'll see if I can get a hold of him.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

dusterxhorrorx

The checking on the car would be after a pre-purchase inspection... mainly to just test drive it - making sure it doesn't run stupidly; and looking it over... checking for dents and dings and scratches, tire condition... interior wear.. things that the seller might not mention..

So TK, you live in Snohomish? Is salt/snow damage on the undercarriage really an issue there?

Mark, that would be awesome. Thanks :)

TK73

Quote from: dusterxhorrorx on October 19, 2006, 10:13:49 PM

So TK, you live in Snohomish? Is salt/snow damage on the undercarriage really an issue there?

About 10 miles South.

If it is a local car it should be decent, don't salt roads here... rains like hell in the winter so floor boards need to be checked in case the car sat out and had leaks...

73dodge

Quote from: TK73 on October 19, 2006, 09:15:13 PM
Snohomish, Washington.

Cool little town on the Shohomish river.  Antique shops, good retaurants... puts on a killer 700+ car show in September (1st one my little girl ever went to at the age of 2 weeks)... almost bought a farm on the edge of town a few years back.

Sounds like a nice place I like small towns. 

So you almost bought a farm there huh TK?   What happened could'nt get a govt farm subsidy so you could grow, cough, cough "crops" there you know the crops people use to make their own cigarettes, or did the city not want to give you a permit so you could have a Grateful Dead concert on the property???  :icon_smile_big:    J/K BTW
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

TK73

Quote from: 73dodge on October 20, 2006, 05:42:00 AM
Snohomish, Washington.

So you almost bought a farm there huh TK?   What happened could'nt get a govt farm subsidy so you could grow, cough, cough "crops" there you know the crops people use to make their own cigarettes, or did the city not want to give you a permit so you could have a Grateful Dead concert on the property???  :icon_smile_big:    J/K BTW

Actually, I couldn't figure out how to tranport enough... uh... "undocumented migrants" down from the Northern border in the trunk of the Charger to work the land.  Besides that, INS sweeps regularly and sends all the illegal Canadians back on a regular basis which, of course, disrupts harvesting...

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73dodge

Quote from: TK73 on October 20, 2006, 07:51:27 AM
Quote from: 73dodge on October 20, 2006, 05:42:00 AM
Snohomish, Washington.

Actually, I couldn't figure out how to tranport enough... uh... "undocumented migrants" down from the Northern border in the trunk of the Charger to work the land.  Besides that, INS sweeps regularly and sends all the illegal Canadians back on a regular basis which, of course, disrupts harvesting...

So why not trade the 73 in on a 2006 and then you can fit three canadians in the trunk and 3 in the back seat and they can all have their own doors to get in and out of the car!!!    ;D