News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How is the center body line on the side of a 68-69 supposed to look?

Started by Dennis K, October 17, 2006, 05:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis K

Just wondering what the center body line on the side of my 68 is supposed to look like. I think the factory had it more pronounced in some areas than others, I'm trying to find out where it was sharper, and where it was more subtle, and how close to the front of the fender before it fades away. If anyone could post pics that would be great too, but I have studied lots of pics of already painted Chargers and it's really hard to see how sharp the body line is on a shiny painted car. It looks like they range anywhere from razor sharp to nonexistent. I would like to get mine as close to original as possible. Thanks.

Shakey

bull

69 OUR/TEA

Here are a couple pics of my car in basecoat,because the base dries flat ,you can see the lines easier.Also,these are the original quarter panels on this car,so what you're looking at are original lines that have not been tuned in with body filler.Hope this helps.If you have any more ?'s,be glad to help.

Dennis K

Thanks very much, guys, those are some beautiful Chargers and great pics. Looks like the center body line is a little sharper and more uniform than I thought. I'll show these pics to the guy who's working on my Charger now.

bill440rt

I had a few little dings down the left side of my '69, & installed a repro 1/4 on the right side. I had to "tune" mine with a little skim coat of fille & lots of blocking.

I've posted these pics before, but here are some shots of my Project '69 in primer. Lines are crisp, but I'll tone them down a bit in the final blocking before paint. (Soon, very soon!)
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce