News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Liquid Petrol Gas versus valveseats.....

Started by duo-stripe, October 18, 2006, 03:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duo-stripe

This is a pic of a 906-head taken from my girl's 68 charger; the engine wasn't performing well and had bad compression on a few cilinders. The former owner used to drive on l.p.g. So we just had to fix a few healthy 906s and the car is doing fine again!
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

duo-stripe

Arthu®

nice huh, I bet most of the guys in the states have never even seen something like that, but that is what you get when they raise the gas prices too much, people will rather destroy their car than pay for the more expensive gas.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

duo-stripe

that is true...well, but if you set the gas-mixture rich enough and you don't dragrace the car..it'll hold. Some guys I know have been driving their cars on this stuff and they never had any trubble with it.
But..to comfort you all..she is driving 98 octane again and my 69 roadrunner is on 98 also!

Greetz Marcel

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

Quote98 octane

where do you get that. the best i can do around here is 93 octane
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

duo-stripe

duo-stripe

left to right: Bas, President of deadendcruisers.com with his pp1 68 runner, next my f3 496 c.i. 4-speed 69 runner and Davy's 70 Cuda 440 4-speed.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: duo-stripe on October 18, 2006, 03:39:31 PM
This is a pic of a 906-head taken from my girl's 68 charger; the engine wasn't performing well and had bad compression on a few cilinders. The former owner used to drive on l.p.g. So we just had to fix a few healthy 906s and the car is doing fine again!
( A Valve job) was a common repair for most cars of that era when they got  70 plus thousand miles on them.Its almost unheard of now.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: duo-stripe on October 18, 2006, 04:46:37 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 18, 2006, 04:25:49 PM
what country do you guys live in?
We live in the Netherlands, Europe.

Grtz Marcel

Hey there, Marcel! :cheers:

Sorry I missed yah at the TDC meet this year.

Hopefully you'll be able to make Boerne next year.

I'll buy the beer. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

duo-stripe

Hey Johnny! Long time no see! I will be there next year, that is for sure. Me and Troy went to Tim Meaux's place; saw your 70 sixpack standing there. Nice car...
How are you doing?

Grtz Marcel

Chryco Psycho

that is very typical when using LPG the block lives a lot longer on LPG but it kills the heads without hard valve seats

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: duo-stripe on October 19, 2006, 11:48:40 AM
Hey Johnny! Long time no see! I will be there next year, that is for sure. Me and Troy went to Tim Meaux's place; saw your 70 sixpack standing there. Nice car...
How are you doing?

Grtz Marcel

I'm good, Marcel.

Thanks!

Yeah, the Six Pack is now home, but will be heading out to Smitty's place when he's done with the Imperial.

Still having problems with the carbs.

Just had so much going on lately that I haven't tried messing with it.

Hopefully Smitty will get it all in line and give me some pointers on adjusting them myself in the future.

Look forward to seein' yah soon! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!