News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deadly Day in Iraq

Started by my73charger, October 18, 2006, 03:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Headlines like this, "10 U.S. Troops Killed in Roadside Bombings, Fighting as Iraq Violence Grows", make me nervous.  My nephew has been in Baghdad all summer.  I check in with him via email often but lately his responses have been few and far between.  He gets to come home in March which can't come to soon for our family.

Johnny SixPack

My prayers are with him and all the other service men/women there!  :angel:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Big Lebowski

While Ten is too many, consider this...In WWll we lost nearly 26,000 a day trying to put our flag up on top of that island. It was rough back then too.

***We only won the war after the enemy started to fear us...It was the day after we nuked two of their cities.***
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

41husk

I have 5 kids who wrestled for me in high school over there, I pray they all make it back safe.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

sjmarsing

"Being a Marine isn't everything...it's the ONLY thing.  Semper Fidelis."
--Gerald T. Pothier 1951-1988

"Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem."
--President Ronald Reagan , 1985

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines:  Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."
-- Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."
-- Ned Dolan

"For those who have fought for it, freedom is a taste the protected will never know." 
--Author Unknown

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
--John Stuart Mill

http://www.clermontyellow.accountsupport.com/flash/UntilThen.swf

Charger_Fan

Those are some damned good quotes. :thumbs:

Here's hoping our fighting men & women will be safe, return unharmed & this whole mess be over with soon.  :patriot:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

Quote"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
--John Stuart Mill

he was a great utilitarian.  between him and jeremy bentham and mill's father, the utilitarian movement was pushed forward.  his writings are still studied in Pol. Sci classes today.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TK73

Quote from: my73charger on October 18, 2006, 03:17:53 PM
"10 U.S. Troops Killed in Roadside Bombings, Fighting as Iraq Violence Grows",

Damn shame...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Brock Samson

A Muslim Mom here,.. wearing her vail while walking to her kid's school to bring them home cause the family car had broken down was murdered on the street.

:rotz:

Shakey

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 19, 2006, 09:43:34 PM
  A Muslim Mom here,.. wearing her vail while walking to her kid's school to bring them home cause the family car had broken down was murdered on the street.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Shakey on October 20, 2006, 08:23:39 AM

:icon_smile_dissapprove:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Lowprofile

A Muslim Mom here,.. wearing her Vail while walking to her kid's school to bring them home cause the family car had broken down was murdered on the street.

Brock, that is truly a damn shame. Have they caught the animal who did this?  It is amazing to me how someone could hate another so much that they are moved to such violence against someone who has done no wrong to them. :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

hate begats hate
that's why i belive in the new testament and try to turn the other cheek rather then go eye to eye with the old...  :yesnod:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/10/21/BAGMTLTGM51.DTL&hw=muslim&sn=009&sc=287

Lowprofile

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

golden73

Things are pretty crazy over there... those syrians and chechnians know how to fight extremely well.

I'm a little nervous myself, I leave in early January for a 14 month tour in the sandbox

Semper Fi!

sjmarsing

Quote from: golden73 on October 23, 2006, 04:31:29 PM
Things are pretty crazy over there... those syrians and chechnians know how to fight extremely well.

I'm a little nervous myself, I leave in early January for a 14 month tour in the sandbox

Semper Fi!

Good luck over there.  I was over there when things were just getting started (Feb - May '03) We went in on the front with 1st Marine Division.  I had no idea it would last this long!  When we got to Baghdad they said "Good job, you guys can go home" (as if the war was over) Now its seems like everyone is getting called up for 12-18 month deployments.  Prepare yourself mentally as best you can and take full advantage of VA benefits when you get back.  The enemy may fight well but they are not trained like you are.  They don't have tanks or air power either. Semper Fi.

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650200218,00.html

tank vs rifle video  http://our-iraqifreedom.com.tripod.com

bull

On a brighter note regarding Iraq, have you all noticed there hasn't been very many (if any) people getting their heads chopped off since al-Zarqawi got what he had coming? I wonder how he's enjoying the task of being Satan's love slave right now? :icon_smile_evil:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on October 26, 2006, 05:20:51 PM
On a brighter note regarding Iraq, have you all noticed there hasn't been very many (if any) people getting their heads chopped off since al-Zarqawi got what he had coming?
You're right, I haven't heard of any since then. That's good! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

Brock, this is part of the story from the link you supplied.........

Local Muslim leaders and the victim's relatives attributed blame to an American culture of violence, propagated through movies and video games that reward players for killing. In addition, they said things such as talk radio, politicians and religious zealotry by some Christians had focused on Muslims since the Sept. 11 attacks.

"Justice will not be served by merely catching the killer," said Hassan Ansari. "We have to figure out how to stop these kinds of things from happening. ... American society is what feeds people's ignorance."

"Mostly it's the fault of the media, because they show Muslims in such a way that people hate them," said Feraidoon Mojadedi, owner of the Rumi Bookstore in Little Kabul. "People are dying all over the world, but what did she have to do with it? She's a housewife, a mother of children."

As I said before, I truly feel sorry for this family and their loss.........
But for local community leaders to come out and say that its our culture that made this person commit this crime is simply Ludicrous. :rotz:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger