News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a good source for mini starters?

Started by bull, October 18, 2006, 02:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Mini-Mopar-Dodge-Plymouth-Starter-Higher-Torque_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33576QQihZ003QQitemZ130037443442QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I was looking at the one above because the company selling it seems to be pretty good. Where's a good place to order one from, or should I just go to Napa?

Plumcrazy

That's who I bought mine from.   Took a little while to get used to the different sound but other than that it's been a great starter.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

whitehatspecial

I also bought one from DB and they are a good company. If you are using headers make sure the headers clear the bottom of the starter. On my sb the bridge between the solenoid and the starter is on the bottom of their mini starter. I fashioned my own heat shield and so far ir is OK.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

bksfld68

Got mine from NAPA, no problems with it.

Ryan

68 CHARGER R/T

bull if your  interested in it i have a new one in the box from db electrical for a big block. dumb mistake i did i purchased one and my brother purchased one as well without me knowing so now i stuck with an extra one.     rob

Recharger

DB Electrical is where I ordered mine from, seemed to be a better price than NAPA and I've had no problems with it.  Clears the TTI headers without much problem either.