News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 4spd console chager

Started by nappy4612, October 18, 2006, 12:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger500

nappy4612

New pics of fiset coat of primer and sanding

nappy4612

second coat of primer and will start sanding tomorrow.

nappy4612

nappy4612

right before last the car got its last sand job. It will be painted in the naxt day or so.

nappy4612

at the end of today heres how it looks now.

PocketThunder

:o  Wow nappy you have a lot of patience and do good body work.  It take a lot of patience to wet sand several times like that.  Keep up the good work and lets see some silver before the years end..?..??  maybe?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nappy4612

the car is done with the sanding on the outside.  But now comes the door jams and a few more things before paint. It should be partly painted before the new year.

nappy4612

Heres is todays pic all the outsisde sanded it is a bad pic but you can see the tail.

SeattleCharger

Hi, I admire that you have the ability to restore like that.   congrats on the cool BB 4 spd original #s, tags, etc.

I am curious, maybe you could say how you are doing the interior?  Are you going to try and buy all the side panels, where? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

dads_69

I noticed the front side markers are filled in or are they fiberglass fenders w/no side marker cut out?
Good luck w/the paint job.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

nappy4612

Its the original fender with the marker filled in the is a pic on the first page of the work done on the fender.

nappy4612

Here are pics of my first Charger when I was 16. which I worked my butt off to get it and then to make it run.

nappy4612

a couple more

SeattleCharger

Thanks for sharing the inspiring pics, you made your car look A LOT better.  I like the stripes, even though it is grey primer paint, looks a lot better than if the whole car was grey primer with no stripes,
   new bumper?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

what are your plans for the Charger?..
thanks for the older pics!  :icon_smile_wink:

nappy4612

thanks guys. The bumper on that car is the same one you see on the car I was in the picture in. I just buffed the hell out of it and the rust came off. And it was just surface rust.

Here are pictures of the new cars hood and trunk painted.

nappy4612

painted car and R/T stripe. tomorrow clear coat.

nappy4612

paint is done time to put it back together

Charger-Bodie

looking good now the fun begins..i bet youre stoked!!! ;D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger Aficionado

It looks really different w/o the side-markers...  I won't decide if I like it or not until it's back together....  MORE PIX!!!  (GREAT job so-far)!!!

PocketThunder

:o  Damn that looks nice.

i think silver is the new black..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

That looks really good!
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you into the bodyshop to get it that far?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nappy4612

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2007, 12:41:49 PM
That looks really good!
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you into the bodyshop to get it that far?
I am only in 10000 and thats it. Thats all me the body shop owner agreed on.

nappy4612

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 04, 2007, 04:13:50 AM
It looks really different w/o the side-markers...  I won't decide if I like it or not until it's back together....  MORE PIX!!!  (GREAT job so-far)!!!
The hood if you look close also has the lights holes shaved also.