News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 4spd console chager

Started by nappy4612, October 18, 2006, 12:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nappy4612

This is a all matching numbers car with build sheet and all the right tags.  It was a  copper color but I'am caongine th color to a benz silver.  The motor is a 383 bored .06 over and thats about it. The rest is just a basic charger the original owner ordered it with nothing but a console and bucket seats. I plan to up grade alot of things like suspension and a few other small things.

Brock Samson

i'm really curious as to what color that copper is..  :police:
anyone know?..   :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site :cheers:

Please register the car if you have'nt already :wave:

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 18, 2006, 12:56:51 AM
i'm really curious as to what color that copper is..  :police:
anyone know?..   :icon_smile_wink:
Chris' Registry knows! ;D
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/albums/charts/Dodge69paint_01.jpg

I'm guessing it's a T5 color? Isn't Troy's (68hemi) C500 a T5 color?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

i don't recall any cars on here painted that..
you?.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 18, 2006, 11:20:29 AM
you?.
Woops, my bad. His is T7 bronze; http://www.geocities.com/hemicharger2002/index.html
Well...somebody around here has a T5 colored car, I just forget whom. ???

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

resq302

Alright!!!!  Another 69 383 4 spd console car buddy!  Woo hoo. :yesnod:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 18, 2006, 11:46:08 AM
you?.
Woops, my bad. His is T7 bronze; http://www.geocities.com/hemicharger2002/index.html
Well...somebody around here has a T5 colored car, I just forget whom. ???

I have a T5 1969 Charger 383-4bbl., auto, white hat special.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Charger_Fan

Just 6T9 CHGR

There are several in the gallery in the registry site as well........
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nappy4612

More pics of the car as it progresses.

nappy4612

more pics

hemi68charger

Wow !!! coming along pretty good !!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger_Fan

Look at that, the speaker holes aren't butchered. :scope: Mine are. :'(

Just 6T9 CHGR

Crikies!  I don't think I've ever seen the filler panel & package tray taken out like that before :eek:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nappy4612

more pics.  Staring to primer.

nappy4612

pis of the rust that came of the car.

69charger383

you?.

my car is painted t5 copper at the moment
Mopar or No Car!

Charger_Fan

Looks like you're doing away with the side marker lights front & rear?

nappy4612

Yes sir.  I thick if I lose those markers the car will look more stream line. Hopefully.

nappy4612

More pics. 

69_500

Looks like the work is progressing along very nicely.

What are your final intentions for the car?

A street brawler? Or a cruiser? Stealth like car?

nappy4612

Mainly a crusier but it will be a street pownder when I need it to be.  The motor is punched 60 over and a nice cam with around 520 hp.  Which will huck up[ once I put in a four link in back.  I have plans to put on a 3 inch exhaust out the side like the !970 AAR cuda. which should sound mean as hell when I get on it.

69_500

Always glad to see another Charger restored. Also always glad to hear of one that is going to be driven and enjoyed.

nappy4612

Yes sir I had one when I was 16 I bought at a juck yard.  The car was trashed  so I bought a a second one which was unsalvageable.
took the roof of it and the back window panel and then parted it out.  When I turned 17 the car was finaly finished but not painted.  Loved that car drove it every day to school, to work and home. I got a job at a body shop once the owner show my work on the car because I wanted to paint it he asked who did the body on it I told him I did and got a job. Never painted it because I joined the Marine Corps and sold it ever since I have beening going crazy.  And now I bought another one which will never leave my side.  Ad will drive it once a week if possible.

69Charger500

nappy4612

New pics of fiset coat of primer and sanding

nappy4612

second coat of primer and will start sanding tomorrow.

nappy4612

nappy4612

right before last the car got its last sand job. It will be painted in the naxt day or so.

nappy4612

at the end of today heres how it looks now.

PocketThunder

:o  Wow nappy you have a lot of patience and do good body work.  It take a lot of patience to wet sand several times like that.  Keep up the good work and lets see some silver before the years end..?..??  maybe?   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nappy4612

the car is done with the sanding on the outside.  But now comes the door jams and a few more things before paint. It should be partly painted before the new year.

nappy4612

Heres is todays pic all the outsisde sanded it is a bad pic but you can see the tail.

SeattleCharger

Hi, I admire that you have the ability to restore like that.   congrats on the cool BB 4 spd original #s, tags, etc.

I am curious, maybe you could say how you are doing the interior?  Are you going to try and buy all the side panels, where? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

dads_69

I noticed the front side markers are filled in or are they fiberglass fenders w/no side marker cut out?
Good luck w/the paint job.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

nappy4612

Its the original fender with the marker filled in the is a pic on the first page of the work done on the fender.

nappy4612

Here are pics of my first Charger when I was 16. which I worked my butt off to get it and then to make it run.

nappy4612

a couple more

SeattleCharger

Thanks for sharing the inspiring pics, you made your car look A LOT better.  I like the stripes, even though it is grey primer paint, looks a lot better than if the whole car was grey primer with no stripes,
   new bumper?

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

what are your plans for the Charger?..
thanks for the older pics!  :icon_smile_wink:

nappy4612

thanks guys. The bumper on that car is the same one you see on the car I was in the picture in. I just buffed the hell out of it and the rust came off. And it was just surface rust.

Here are pictures of the new cars hood and trunk painted.

nappy4612

painted car and R/T stripe. tomorrow clear coat.

nappy4612

paint is done time to put it back together

Charger-Bodie

looking good now the fun begins..i bet youre stoked!!! ;D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger Aficionado

It looks really different w/o the side-markers...  I won't decide if I like it or not until it's back together....  MORE PIX!!!  (GREAT job so-far)!!!

PocketThunder

:o  Damn that looks nice.

i think silver is the new black..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

That looks really good!
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you into the bodyshop to get it that far?

nappy4612

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 04, 2007, 12:41:49 PM
That looks really good!
If you don't mind me asking, how much are you into the bodyshop to get it that far?
I am only in 10000 and thats it. Thats all me the body shop owner agreed on.

nappy4612

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 04, 2007, 04:13:50 AM
It looks really different w/o the side-markers...  I won't decide if I like it or not until it's back together....  MORE PIX!!!  (GREAT job so-far)!!!
The hood if you look close also has the lights holes shaved also.

nappy4612

heres some more pics of some of the painted parts

resq302

Wow.  Looking really good.  Love the silver and black combo.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

nappy4612

Quote from: resq302 on January 05, 2007, 12:45:13 AM
Wow.  Looking really good.  Love the silver and black combo.
It's not black its a bark Mercedes charcoal. Both of the colors came out of a Mercedes show room walk around. The silver is the same as I saw on a AMG 65. The charcoal came from a SUV.

nappy4612

heres is a better look at the stripe.  And the car as it gets put back together.

nappy4612

The car with all its body panels on it.

nappy4612

One more pic.

autodynamics

very very nice.........keep posting updates.. love the color.

resq302

Damn....sure is puuuuurrrrrrttttttyyyy.   Now that you have a closer look, the stripe does look charcoal.  From a distance, the stripe looked like a satin black or a flat black.  Either way it looks killer!  Doing a great job.  What color are you going to make the interior?
Brian

nappy4612

The interior will be put back to stock and the original black which I really like.

BB1

Delete my profile

nappy4612

some new pics

69bronzeT5

you?.

My car is painted T5!!! ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic