News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANY PIX OF OF A V-C ORANGE DAYTONA

Started by daytonalo, October 17, 2006, 07:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

I will get out that box and find the magazine year and title for the 500 paint and decal and EK2 69 hemi 500 story and .I still have old magazines called Street Machine.It had J Radkes car Hemi daytona 440 daytonas .Pete Haldimans your Dads 500.I found your Dads 500 in automotive quartely.You did a nice job in the 500 newsletter article .Anything I have saved.I can share with you to help your research
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

I just received a spray out of K-2 , too muddy looking . I give up , cant decide will just leave it in primer .

dads_69

I spray PPG. If you mean they are calling for the paint to be done in 3 stage or Tri-coat. That just doesn't sound correct. I spray almost all brands of paint once in a while, and never heard of an Orange, unless HOK being a three stage. Then you get into a pearl coat style. A hole dif' ball game then. Hope this helps somewhat.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

I agree , and spoke to a sikkens rep and gave me a crossover for 2 step . will spray out next week . My favorite color of all time is HOC sunset orange 3 stage , but for some reason holding back on going with that color .
                                                                                                          Larry

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on October 22, 2006, 12:56:59 AM
I just received a spray out of K-2 , too muddy looking . I give up , cant decide will just leave it in primer .

Larry, If you're not in a big hurry, I'll get my wife to create you a clean version of vitamin c. It will be PPG of course. Back when we owned a paint store, everyone came to my wife to create their colors. We have both basecoat and single stage mixing systems so it's not all that difficult to create new formulas.
We'll be back from the SEMA show on the 6th. Just let me know if you're interested.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

Thank you , I'm not sure what to do .
                                 Larry

Brock Samson

daytonalo

dads_69

Larry, have you seen the Mopar MuscleCar issue from August 2005 w/the orange Daytona on the cover? I have the magazine myself. Looks pretty cool w/a black tail and guts. Just wanted to let you know.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Aero426

Quote from: hemigeno on October 18, 2006, 09:28:00 AM
Quote from: DougSchellinger on October 18, 2006, 08:34:59 AM
Quote from: daytonalo on October 17, 2006, 07:43:17 PM
DID THEY OFFER THIS COLOR ON A DAYTONA [VIT-C -K-2 ]

Tim Wellborn owns a Daytona in the special order code 999 orange color from Dave's paint chart.  I don't think the restoration is done yet, so no pics.  That is the only one we know of right now.

That '69 special-order orange (999) isn't considered Vitamin C though, is it? 

From what I have seen on the charts, the closest color to the '69 999 Orange is what they used to put on Dodge Trucks from back in the early/mid '60s, which they called Omaha Orange.  Chevy had about the same color under the same name for a number of years too.  Isn't it the same color they used on the Bengal Chargers??  It definitely isn't Hemi Orange, and I didn't think it was Go Mango (Vitamin C).

That has got to be one very rare Daytona, for sure.

I spoke to Tim today.   The 99 code orange Daytona is done.   He says the paint Roger Gibson matched up was identical to race Hemi Orange.   That's the engine color, not the V2 paint code.   Tim confirmed that there is no metallic in it either as we suspected.

daytonalo

Thanks for the info , I made a final decision after viewing the vit -c in person , I will use HOUSE OF COLORS SUNSET ORANGE, three stage. I personally think VIT-C a little to muddy looking , my hunk of shit is a recreation not an orig car , therefore it is a matter of personal preference .Thanks for the photos and input ! Larry

69_500

Doug is there only 1 999 paint code Daytona? I thought there was 2?

Aero426

Sure, there could be more out there...

1968 Charger B5

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

daytonalo

69_500

You say could be more out there making it sound like there is more out there that people know of.

Or did I read that the wrong way?

I had always thought there was 2 999 paint code Daytona's, but I had only heard of 1 999 paint code 500.

Off topic here, but Doug did you get the email I sent to you?

Bob T

So then, if there is a special order paint code 999 for a 68 Charger in Omaha Orange, would it be that same as Vit C / or the 69 truck colour??
Just trying to visualise it from here on a Charger , and wondering if it is completely different to  the deeper colour that is more common on the 69 GL type of colour.

This is the Aussie Valiant Charger /Pacer Vitamin C, and the last pic is a scan of a photo of a  68 at a car show here 11 years ago - possibly in Omaha Orange , too long ago to remember what it looked like against the aussie Vit C ,
opinions please gents.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

billssuperbird