News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Factory Cruise?!?

Started by Mean 318, October 17, 2006, 05:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

Hey guys, I found a factory 1970 Dodge cruise controle. What I am wondering is what you think it is worth? I am very doubtful that it works, but it sure would look cool!  I have only seen about three or four at the car shows so that must make it worth something?!? He wants $75.
Another thing, does anyone have any manuals or diagrams of the cruise controle? Thanks

Rolling_Thunder

I know the FSM has cool diagrams...     i dont have a scanner though.   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

71_deputy

here ya go!!! 71- but the same!

John Mac
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

gtx6970

All depends on how complete it actually is, such as all the wiring, servo mtg brackets are unique to B-bodies 1968-70 swich is VERY tough to get if it's any good.

Hardest part to get is the lost motion link on the carb stud,next hardest  is the throttle cable mounting bracket .

But all in all Well worth $75

Khyron

just put a brick on the pedal and call it a day ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mean 318

Ok well the car looks almost untouched! I know that the switch on the column is there and good, outside of that I am not too sure. Sould you guys tell me what to take off. The more details the better!!! I dont know anything about cruise! Tell me everything you can! THANKS!!!!! ;D

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Mean 318 on October 17, 2006, 10:32:10 PM
Ok well the car looks almost untouched! I know that the switch on the column is there and good, outside of that I am not too sure. Sould you guys tell me what to take off. The more details the better!!! I dont know anything about cruise! Tell me everything you can! THANKS!!!!! ;D
Just get the whole car! :boogie: If it looks untouched, it sounds too clean to be parted out.

At the very least, get a pic of the fender & VIN tags & post 'em here. :icon_smile_big:

PICS,PICS,PICS!!! ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mean 318

I have got the fender tag and the build sheet. She has sank in the mud! Ugggg! I also got the factory am 8 track. It was factory purple with white vinyl top and white interior. A Coronet 440. I just don't think that it would be worth it! I will get some pics, but please tell me anything about pulling this out I am going to try and pull it tomarrow.

472 R/T SE

It would be swell if you could send the tag and buildsheet info. to http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/index.php.

My car is a factory cruise control car.  I agree with Bill, the lost motion link is the piece that's hard to come by. 

gtx6970

easy, remove the steering column, servo and all brackets under hood. Make sure you get the one bolted onto the master cylinder/brake booster and the small one on the throttle cable supprt bracket.Both upper and lower speedo cables .and throttle cable as well.
Under dash remove all the wiring related to the cruise system (it's an overlay harness so you don't have to take everything ) stop lamp switch and mounting bracket.

I think the stop lamp switch and upper speedo cable are all thats still avail from mopar.

Mean 318

If you got any pics, that would also help!