News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turning a '68 into a General

Started by sixpack_sid, October 14, 2006, 10:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostsheep_01

Glad you found a good compromise. I look forward to pics.
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Brock Samson

personally i don't understand the general lee thing,..  :-\
i'm continuously amazed at how many clones there are out there and are being made...
must be a few hundred or a thousand eh?..

sounds like a good plan which i do  understand but a whole lotta trouble to make a clone your gonna have to explain to anyone who asks.    :P

good luck in any case..  :yesnod:

41husk

I think The GL cars are cool Kids all love em and they are recognized by all.  If I were to do one from a 68 iwould just do tan interior, orange paint decals and the emblems, most people won't know the difference, and If you ever get ready to sell it it would be real easy for the buyer to go back to a 68.  I would also probably go with a 318 car as well.  No big blocks. :Twocents: :nono:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on December 13, 2006, 01:14:11 PM
I think The GL cars are cool Kids all love em and they are recognized by all.  If I were to do one from a 68 iwould just do tan interior, orange paint decals and the emblems, most people won't know the difference, and If you ever get ready to sell it it would be real easy for the buyer to go back to a 68.  I would also probably go with a 318 car as well.  No big blocks. :Twocents: :nono:

:iagree:  besides there were some 68's used in the original series with the 68 taillights left on the car.  you can just say you are cloning a general lee stunt car  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steve P.

Ok, this is going to sound like I hate the DUKES. Nothing could be closer to the truth. Errr, I mean farther. :devil:  Anyway, since it is obviously not an original DUKES car, why not put your favorite paint job and flag on a 68' Charger??  Hell, I live in the South. I've seen it done on a Chevette and on a FORD pick up truck... The DIXIE horn will sound just the same in a 68.. I promise.   :smoke:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

I think it's hilarious when it's done to other vehicles.  But I'm twisted anyway.