News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do some of you really care about post count?

Started by bull, August 26, 2005, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

truly, who gives a shit?  i dont care if someone posts on this board to the tune of 2000 a month or 0.  Thats what this fricken board is for isnt it?  If it isnt, then why are we posting at all?

If I see a thread I want to post in, then guess what, I will post in it, as i expect everyone else to do the same. 

Until the mods boot me, I will keep on doing it.  I do not see how someones post count is going to affect the way the "low posters" will put their pants on in the morning, or how it will affect the sun rising or setting, or even the "TRUE CONTRIBUTORS" as halfast stated.  This thread is one that I believe will promote segregation by placing a negative tone on those who post a lot and a self righteous tone on those that do not. 

I think this thread is moot and juvenile.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

:-\

wow. I didn't see anything in these posts that were pointing fingers or "segregate" anyone. Maybe I should re-read it.  ???

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

yellowcuda

Wow, such controversy.  I like everyone here...low posts or high.  I rarely post but I am usually here daily. :laugh: :yesnod: :-*

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

RD

Quote from: Khyron on August 29, 2005, 01:40:02 PM
:-\

wow. I didn't see anything in these posts that were pointing fingers or "segregate" anyone. Maybe I should re-read it.   ???

khyron, its the overall underlying tone that i see behind this thread and where it may go.  That is why i said the things i said.  I think this whole post whore stigma should just be thrown out in the trash.  I mean seriously, its not costing anyone anything, so why even worry about whether or not someone cares about their post count?  If they do, then fine that is their perogative.  Why should anyone else care about if someone cares about their post count?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

472 R/T SE

Cool, a thread where I can check my post count.

Khyron

I see you're point RD. Just trying to understand what you ment. No harm done :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

Quote from: Khyron on August 29, 2005, 03:42:28 PM
I see you're point RD. Just trying to understand what you ment. No harm done :D

sweet brother, now gimme your 69 charger! you dont like it anymore anyways! costing you too much gas!

Mefirst

If we would have a poll by the end of each year, witch thread was the most stupid during the year, this thread would be in the top 2...

..and -Thanks, I again lost several minutes of my life that I will never get back....

Khyron

Quote from: Mefirst on August 29, 2005, 03:47:06 PM
If we would have a poll by the end of each year, witch thread was the most stupid during the year, this thread would be in the top 2...

..and -Thanks, I again lost several minutes of my life that I will never get back....

and a few more now that you cane back in here to see what I responded with  :P :P :P :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :P :P :P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mefirst

Quote from: Khyron on August 29, 2005, 04:07:38 PM
Quote from: Mefirst on August 29, 2005, 03:47:06 PM

and a few more now that you cane back in here to see what I responded with  :P :P :P :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :P :P :P

I hate you :flame:

Khyron

:haha: got you again :P

sweet brother, now gimme your 69 charger! you dont like it anymore anyways! costing you too much gas!

"these are not the droids your looking for... ;D ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mefirst

BB1

Huh??? What!!!

This smiley doesn't get used enough  :mrt:

This smiley gets used to much  :boogie:

This smiley need to get used more  :dancinglock:

Buuahahah hhaha hhhahahaha
Delete my profile

Khyron

we need this here Troy...

sorry for those it offends... but

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Quote from: Khyron on August 29, 2005, 06:41:06 PM

I like this one better.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

DarkAngel0816

I really do not care.  And I tend to reply one liners for half of the time I am too tired to think straight...
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Lowprofile

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 06:48:05 PM
Quote from: Khyron on August 29, 2005, 06:41:06 PM

I like this one better.

And I thought I was the only klown around here! :icon_smile_shock: LMAO!!!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Big Lebowski

I was at 999 posts at the old site when it crashed. I was thinking of an 1000th post but it never happened.  :rotz:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

ChargerBill

On the original site I was somewhere around member #160....I was one of the originaOld Timers...in fact, when Jesse was still involved I made stars at his request for the original guys and we were starting to put Pentastars by their names, etc... THAT was the only reason I had over 5,000 posts...it took me a long time to get there. I could really care less about trying to get to 5,000 again any time soon, but what I don't understand is how someone gets over 600 posts in 2 weeks...I mean, that's somewhere around 40 posts a day, and some even have around 50 posts a day. WHO has that much to say? And out of all of that jibber jabber, how much of it is quality? Maybe I am a little sore over losing all my posts, but not really because of the number, more because I have to retype a lot of it and I've even forgotten some of it. :P
Life is a highway...

69_500

Well Hey ChargerBill don't feel so bad. Think of how many post Chryco had on the old board.

I just wish that people would pick one name and stick with it on this board though. There at the end it seemed that some people were changing names almost daily.

RD

Quote from: Khyron on August 29, 2005, 04:09:53 PM

"these are not the droids your looking for... ;D ;)

are you trying to pull the jedi mindtrick on me!  not gonna work, i still want your car :D

Lowprofile

You have grown powerful, young Jedi.

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Lowprofile

Giving it a bump just for charger boy......  :D :nana: :D :bump:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P