News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

426 aluminum head question

Started by dads_69, October 07, 2006, 11:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Anyone running the new aluminum hemi heads yet from mother mopar? I'm looking to buy a pair over the winter and just looking for some feed back about them and where you bought them. So far the dodge dealer is the least exspensive to buy them from vs. Jegs, Summit and a few other places. I'm also looking for an intake, either two carb or single set up. I have the org. cast heads, but they are cracked and have been repaired to many times already and recomeneded for a daily driver.
Thanks Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

I bought a pair of alum heads from Mancini and a dual quad inlin alum intake .

dads_69

I was hoping you would reply after hearing you have a 472 Hemi. What carbs are you gonna run also? If you don't mind me asking, did you pay what they are asking or did you get a better deal than what they advertise?
Mark

Chryco Psycho

I heard of a crate engine getting to 175* the a seat fell out of the alum head , after removing the head from the engine they heated it to 200* & all the seat fell out

Blown70

Mark, 

Get a set done from a builder,  I would go with FORHEMISONLY,  Talk to TIM.

They are a Stage V head.  and he usually has them on hand.  I think Just over the $3000 mark you can get a good set done valves and all.

Tom

dads_69

Quote from: Blown70 on October 09, 2006, 08:54:10 AM
Mark, 

They are a Stage V head.  and he usually has them on hand.  I think Just over the $3000 mark you can get a good set done valves and all.

Tom

Tom, I did some calling around today, aluminum heads are currently on back order. I priced the block from dealer at $2528.00 at my door. I have a few items already to get started soon as block gets here. Is that a web site you posted For Hemis Only? I tried it and got no info.
Thanks Mark

Chryco Psycho

Blown70

Quote from: dads_69 on October 09, 2006, 07:14:25 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on October 09, 2006, 08:54:10 AM
Mark, 

Tom

Tom, I did some calling arpund today, aluminum heads are currently on back order. I priced the block from dealer at $2528.00 at my door. I have a few items already to get started soon as block gets here. Is that a web site you posted For Hemis Only? I tried it and got no info.
Thanks Mark

Mark,

Tim is a dealer and orders them by a pallet.  He will have them on hand.  $1960. for a bare head.  Web site above is correct.  He is a great guy to talk to and LEAVE him a message.  He will call you back. 

Good luck

Tom

daytonalo

I bought a new water block , 419 rough bore , mopar alum heads' 11-1 comp  and a 440 source stroker 6 bolt crank . Going with 2 -500 or 550 ' holleys . The engine is at the machine shop and will have a total of 10 k in it ! should be 600 hp , I hope it chirps second !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dads_69

Sounds like a good set up. I think you meant 4.19 bore. I checked them out yesterday morning at Dodge dealership. Heads are $995.00 unloaded each. Block is $2528.00. Not sure what carb I'll use, either 850 or 900 cfm Holley. I plan to use stock comp. 10.5 to 1
I'm going to buy the Siamese block also. I've been checking out ebay for parts as well as dealer and ForHemisOnly. Thanks again for the info. guys.
Mark

Blown70

daytonalo

If your going with a Siam block , you really need to make it a 528 , the cost is minimal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dads_69

528 Hemi......I want the car to be streetable. I can handle the extra H.P. but.......Alright, I'll see how minimal the cost will be. I went back to the Dodge dealer here on my way home from work. Man, those parts guys are stupid. The answer I got was, they didn't make a 528 Hemi he kept saying. I finally got pissed and walked out. I have a friend who owns aDodge dealership in Washington state. I'm just going to buy it from him and have it shipped up to me now.
I'll let you know how minimal the cost is gonna be.
Mark

daytonalo

daytonalo

I can build one all day long for 11 k

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !