News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheel offset questions

Started by ram1500, October 19, 2006, 09:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ram1500

hello all. just wondering if someone can tell me what is the widest wheel a person can go on the front of a 69 charger? i will be putting on a set of tubular upper control arms and running a wilwood disc setup. i need to find out the widest wheel and correct backspacing so i can order up the rims i want.

thanks
clarence

bull

Quote from: ram1500 on October 19, 2006, 09:03:06 PM
hello all. just wondering if someone can tell me what is the widest wheel a person can go on the front of a 69 charger? i will be putting on a set of tubular upper control arms and running a wilwood disc setup. i need to find out the widest wheel and correct backspacing so i can order up the rims i want.

thanks
clarence

The widest I've ever heard of up front is 8" on a 2nd gen Charger. Typically the backspacing will be about 4.5" on something that size but I couldn't say for sure with your setup.

ram1500

i stated about the upper control arms because i can see that being the only limiting factor why i couldn't run a 9" wheel with the correct back spacing. the wheel i am looking at is an american racing rebel that is 18 by 9 with either 5.5" or 6" backspacing and a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern. what do you all think? do-able?
clarence

Chryco Psycho

the factory used center offset wheels so around 5" would be best IF it will clear the control arms which it should any more will put the whee too far inward

ram1500

so the extra half inch wouldn't make it you think? even if i am going with the thinner tubular uppers?
i will try and make a jig this weekend to really determine what i can and can't do. ill let you know.
clarence