News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Few mopars in the new need for speed game

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 12, 2006, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

Need for speed carbon hits the streets on oct.31

and a few mopes will be in it(concept challenger with foose style paint job,69 charger r/t,06 300,new charger srt-8 and daytona ,06 viper,1970 hemi cuda as well as a member of www.cuda-challenger.com 1971 challenger 383 4-spd car)(the 71 challenger pic has yet 2 be released)

new chally

new charger

new viper

new 300

69 charger(dont worry it has a feature where u can modify it,it doesnt come like this, u can even tub a car or make it dead stock, or even customize like ur own car)

70 cuda

Dave22443

Anybody check this game out yet?  I'm wondering if its worth getting?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Lostsheep_01

I'd like to see more screen shots of that paint scheme on the '69 Charger.  It looks slick. :thumbs:
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Dave22443

Here's a link to the official game gallery where you can see all of the cars in the game.  Dial-up beware

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/car.jsp

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

THE CHARGER PUNK

i rented it and beat it 1st day, its an ok game, very cool driving the cuda,(which u can get a 71 kit for it) and the 69 charger u can get a 68 front end and a 6-pack hood)-MATT

SeattleCharger

I have an older need for speed game for pc, it is a cool game,  but this sounds too good to be true, I gotta get that. 

Is it available for PC?    :musik010:

The thing that is fun about this game,  like my need for speed underground, besides the racing,  is that there are a million options of brakes, paint colors, wheels, spoilers, engine components, suspension components, decals, spoilers, etc.,    you can design the looks of your car any way you want pretty much, totally bitchin

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Here's the way I see it, you gotta get this for desktop computer, need a pretty nice computer, but is sweet.  Here's what they got:

Exclusive Collector's Edition Content - Featuring three new cars, ten specially tuned cars, six new races, ten exclusive vinyl kits, and a bonus DVD containing behind-the-scenes footage on the making of the game.
Survive the Canyon - All-new Canyon Duel and Drift race modes are the ultimate test of skill and nerve, where one wrong turn could cost you more than the race.

The City Is Yours for the Taking - Race for control of the city block-by-block by taking down rival crews on their turf, then defeat their crew leaders in life-or-death races in Carbon Canyon.

Customize Your Dream Cars - The revolutionary new Autosculpt car customization tool gives you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way imaginable

Represent a Class - Align with the Tuner, American Muscle, or Exotic car classes and prove once and for all who makes the best set of wheels. A new physics model makes each class handle and drive differently.

Build Your Crew - Strategically choose your crew members and then use their skills on the road and in the garage to help you dominate races.

Race Online - Take your custom Autosculpted car online and challenge other live racers from around the world.

I don't know about this game but in need for speed underground, to get through the underground and trick out your car with access to every upgrade of tons of sh$#, it was hard and tons of hours,  this game shouldn't be easy I would guess

SeattleCharger

Sweet!!    ok, I am psyched, you want to body sculpt the new challenger and put on different wheels and bumpers?  when you have the thing on muscle cars., click on "sculpt car" on right of screen, then click on challenger, click on front bumper or back bumper or rims, then there is a slide bar at top, move it around and the parts change into lots of different ways, in the game it is way more than this you can do,

You can do this in the demo link Dave put on here:

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/car.jsp

THE CHARGER PUNK

yes worth getting it for PC, get a steering wheel,shifter and pedals for sure, and yes u can add w/e you want make a black 69 charger with 200s wheels a 70 front end and a blower and boom i amde tfatf charger :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

4forty

Great game, played til 3am last weekend. Sculpting feature is cool, my car is  a black hemi cuda. WITHOUT 22' rims.

Dave22443

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 07, 2006, 11:57:31 PM
  I have an older need for speed game for pc, it is a cool game,  but this sounds too good to be true, I gotta get that. 

SCD,
  Like you, I have a couple of the older NFS games.  To wet your whistle while you wait to get to the store to pick up your copy of Carbon, point your browser in this direction and learn to love your older games all over again.    :drive:

http://www.nfscars.net/index.php

- Abraham Lincoln

THE CHARGER PUNK

the only thing that sucks in this game is that  1#u cannot get a wing car and 2# the orange color in the game sucks!!!(in Midnight lub 3 Dub edition i had a 1969 daytona all hopped up)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 08, 2006, 02:26:00 PM
the only thing that sucks in this game is that  1#u cannot get a wing car and 2# the orange color in the game sucks!!!(in Midnight lub 3 Dub edition i had a 1969 daytona all hopped up)

What is the midnight lub 3 dub edition?  is that an EA need for speed game version?   

Which game is better overall in your opinion?   I was maybe going to buy the carbon one,   I haven't played either of those. 

I heard on this game (carbon) you can build up your car and then race online for pink slips, your computer actually removes your custom car, that you had to build up over time, from your computer if you lose, and it automatically goes to the other guy. Or you can win his car.  The value of the car I think is that you had to spend a lot of time racing and winning to get it souped up, I don't know, I just heard this secondhand from someone who knows someone who has the game,  :icon_smile_dead:

THE CHARGER PUNK

carbon is better as its newer, but mifnight club 3 :dub edition is still cool,similar game but no pink slips or stuff liek that, overall carbon better but harder -MATT

Shakey

I like the Grand Theft Auto game where you get to ride a bicycle and you get to kill people with knives and flamethrowers!   :yesnod:

SeattleCharger

Just got the game! going to download it now,  :musik010:

SeattleCharger

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 09, 2006, 05:29:25 AM
carbon is better as its newer, but mifnight club 3 :dub edition is still cool,similar game but no pink slips or stuff liek that, overall carbon better but harder -MATT

Hey ChargerPunk, been playing the new game a bunch.   The online option, always says can't make one, where are the online players?

Had to start with the camaro,  :icon_smile_angry:, but I have it tricked out, have the first bottom three maps almost won, but can't get past the last two drifts of those sections, man that drifting is tough for me.   

And most of the time after a city race, you gotta avoid the cops, heh, that is fun, but a pain when you just want to get back to a race and win money and progress and then hopefully I can get the mopar muscle soon.    I notice the game gives you a camaro, then a mustang or 300, they make the Mopar muscle the hardest and later ones to get!!  cause the Mopars are the best!!   just shows me that Mopars have become way more popular, they make the challenger or charger the sweet rides of the game, hardest to get.     I racked up $155,000.00 damage to state in one cop chase,

Moparman01

I've had NFS Carbon since it came out, gotta be one of the best NFS games yet!!!! I've already won my career mode and have bought up most of the Mopars. The Challenger is amazing, i put a set of 17" Tourq-Thrust rims on it and it looks sweeeeeet!!!! I've fully modified each one of my cars too with all "pro" level performance upgrades, i have to say it's a toss up between which car handels better, the Hemi-Cuda is great but the Challenger handles like it is on rails!!! The graphics on this game are killer good, and very fast frame rates too, makes ya feel like your really haullin' ass!! If you Like racing games and Mopars, it's well worth the $40 bucks to pic this game up!!!

SeattleCharger

Finally got the hang of drifting, won the pink slip to the 69 R/T Charger, also bought a new Charger, no more Camaro,
   The 69 drifts awesome, man that is fun,  the cops are getting tougher in the game   
Can you bring your own cars into online games?     
  Ya, this game is cool.   You can upgrade your performance and handling, adjust torque to hp ratios, understeer and oversteer, on nitrous the duration versus amount of boost, etc. etc., holley, edelbrock, NOS, TCI, B&M, STillen, KYB, Weiand,   shocks, swaybars, springs, intake, cams, pistons, superchargers, nitrous, exhaust, plus lots of body parts and rims and colors and air dams, etc. etc.  ,   just getting into being able to fix up car some.   
    The 69 I won I had to change up so it wouldn't look like the previous owners car,  but I haven't gotten access to the paint colors yet,

THE CHARGER PUNK

its a great game and the cars are wicked i amde a plum crazy 71 hemi cuda and jumped and rolled it, very fun game,gets very hard later on, we played from lunch till 6 am to beat it :icon_smile_big:-MATT

gnrl01

Assuming this is a Ps2 game? Graphics look awesome, does the cars show damage?

SeattleCharger

I have the PC version (desktop computer).   I figure the pc version is the best, very high image detail and resolution, you need a pretty good hard drive and vid card, and you can race other people online with a good internet connection, also can set keyboard controls to whatever buttons you want for each control
  The pic I took does not do the graphics justice, looks way better on my comp. screen. 
The game is available for other systems, prob. PS2, that link above shows what all you can play it on.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Brock Samson

that looks pretty good but the wheelwell flares throw me off..  :-\

SeattleCharger

The flares are a body kit option, you can have the car look stock with magnum wheels if you want,

Whoever said they completed the career, dang, my hat is off to you, very hard,

I am stuck, says I have tier 3 upgrades, but in customize car I can't find it, have pro upgrades in all categories.

Also, can't get the challenger or cuda,

how do you exit the game to windows when you are playing?  I have to turn my power off to get out of game,

Dave22443

I just got the game tonight.  WOW!  That thing is intense!  I chose the Chrysler 300 as my first car.   :angel:

I haven't tried the career mode yet (gotta go to work in the AM) but I've run several quick races to get the feel.  In that, once I've finished a particular race, I just back out of the menu's until I can select "quit".  I assume you are in career mode where you can't get out?

Have you tried "Alt-F4" ?   :-\

- Abraham Lincoln

THE CHARGER PUNK

me and my gaming buddy beat it in 18hrs straight LoL , cuda is very god drifter dead stock, (my buddy drift raced against me in his custom import drift machine and i used the 70 converted to 71 hemi cuda painted black all dead stock including wheels and i smoked him)-MATT

SeattleCharger

Almost done with career.   SRT8 works great,   the new challenger has awesome power and acceleration,  fishtails all over the place, fun,

Also, anyone know how you change the paint color of cars?   On lower right of paint screen is a swatch arrows thing, but they don't work on my game,
  I can change from gloss to metallic to chrome etc, but not base color.

Dang cops are a lot tougher now, need more cash to buy cars, want a viper and cuda, have the new challenger and SRT8 and 69 R/T. 

Dave22443

I'm still working on career mode.  Apparently I'm not as good as some of you guys.  (Remind me not to race you online! LOL!!!)

I currently have 2 '69 Chargers maxed out but nothing else.  I have finally broken into the last section at the top and man, those guys are tough to beat!  Drifting is definately not my strong point.  :icon_smile_sad:

I am now racing against the new Challenger but have yet to be able to get one.  I haven't even seen the Cuda yet.  And you're right about the cops, they are a lot tougher!

To change the paint color in the swatch, I use the arrow keys.  The mouse won't do it.

I can buy an SRT8 Charger.  Is that better than the '69?  And anyone got any hints or tips to pass along?  I refuse to drive anything but a mopar and I have not used any cheat codes.

Great game!

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

Hey, thank you, didn't try the arrows instead of mouse.

The SRT8 was only car to get me through toughest races,  the RX7 I won in a boss race worked well, also the tier 3 350Z, those two handle so good, but can't beat the acceleration and power of SRT8, especially for accelerating on the canyon switchbacks where you really have to slow down in corners, the challenger you are racing just accelerates to fast out of corners to keep up

When you put your mouse on each star on map, it will say what that race unlocks if you wait a second, on the big box on left that describes the type of race it is and amount of laps, etc.    So maybe try and win the races that have the performance upgrade you want or the challenger concept, and not waste time on other races that only give you chance to buy cars you don't want, unless you are just racing to make money.  The race to get the challenger, against the challenger, that was the toughest race, in the canyon, two parts, I tried the Z and RX7, finally won with SRT8,   had to also change key board layout at this point to better work the brakes and throttle, hairpins on that are tough,

Dave22443

Thanks for the tips!  The first Boss car I won was the '69 Charger  :icon_smile_big: so I've never even driven any of the non-mopar cars except the Camaro I started out with.  I just bought an SRT8 Charger and I'm going to start fixing it up.  A little short on cash right now so I may have to go out and play to earn more.  Luckily I found out I could reduce the heat on my cars by paying out a little cash and that helps.

Happy hunting!

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

Oh, lowering the heat with cash, heh, I need to do that, didn't know either.

The other boss car I won was already tricked out a lot, the RX7, it won me a lot of races, fixed it up some more, doesn't sound near as cool as the muscle, but the handling can win a lot, til you trick out the SRT8, the SRT8 sounds cool and handles ok I guess, I switch back and forth of those two cars, or the 350Z, so I don't go over on cop bust strikes and lose the cars,    I drift with the muscle cars, that is fun

Dave22443

I just finished a run in one of my '69's and a funny thing happened.  Near the end of the race, the cops showed up.  One of them decided to turn broadside in front of me while I was running up past 150 MPH under full race nitrious.   When I hit him (like I had a choice) he did about 4 complete loops in the air before he hit the ground and it didn't even slow me down.  He was the first cop in the chase and I heard him over the radio going   :hah: "Uh.. I'm having trouble with my car..."   :icon_smile_big: 

My SRT8 isn't very upgraded yet (I've only got 12K in the bank).  As such, its not capable of winning many races yet so I've had to resort to using the '69's to earn money for it.  Problem is, most of the races only pay a few hundred dollars and the big money races are high risk for me.  One more bust and I'll loose one of my '69's.  I hate to do it, but I might have to sell one of them to raise the funds for the SRT8.

Question: Does lowering the car have any effect on performance?  Or is that strictly for show?

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

If you are in the last section at the top, didn't you have to race three bosses so far?   And you get their pink slips?  You should have a couple of their cars in your garage.   When you go to safehouse, and car select, isn't there a couple expensive cars in there that already have some upgrades?

Also, I figured that after each race, if you are not actually in a pursuit, you can hit esc. button and go to world map again, otherwise the game always puts you in free roam where you are bound to get in a cop chase each time,      If you do this (esc. button then world map), you can focus on racing and less pursuits, if you aren't doing this already,
  Weird how the manual for this game doesn't give much directions,  but sort of fun to figure it out as you go.   I am learning a new thing here and there, even though I am almost done with last section,      but I won't sell my Charger R/T no matter what   :icon_smile_big:     But you have two, I can sell one and trick out that SRT8, that is a good idea.     Also if you beat some bosses you might have been given extra strikes, in car select, click on career something, I don't know, at bottom of screen one from right I think, and it lets you add a strike to a car if you haven't done that already,   :drive:

Dang those cops with their big SUV's, hard to ram through the roadblock   :icon_smile_evil:

Dave22443

I did battle three bosses to get to the top, but the 21st Street Charger was the only one I won.  The rest just offered to be my wing man.

I have already added the stikes I earned and I only have one left on each car.  Maybe I need stop getting busted so much!  :icon_smile_tongue:  My last bust couldn't be helped though.  I had 3 cops chasing me and came up to a road block too late to pull a 180.  When I tried to bust through, I found out that other traffic was backed up behind the road block.  I made one heck of a train reaction mess, but it stopped me cold.  Then the three that were chasing me plowed in behind and I was stuck.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I knew about hitting the escape key and just jumping to a safe house after a race (seems less fun that way) but I didn't think you could do that during an active chase?  I thought you had to loose the cops before you could do that?  I'll try it next time to see if I have any luck.

At the moment, I'm running the 21st street Charger.  Once I get my last bust on that, I'll sell it and upgrade the SRT8.  No since in getting rid of it while its still got some value in it.  I'll use it to go after the higher risk races.

Right now I'm trying to figure out where the game puts the pictures you take in photo mode.  I'd like to post some pics of my cars  :icon_smile_cool:

- Abraham Lincoln

4forty

I ram and the "new Charger" every chance I get. If one of my blockers has one.... I Fire them!   great game, my cuda is sweeet.

SeattleCharger

Ya, you can't hit esc. to safe house during a pursuit, must have said that wrong.   I think if you get three strikes they take your car permanently and you can't sell it, so maybe I would sell it with one strike left.   

I haven't tried the cuda yet, I want one,     

That was bad luck you only won the bosses as wingmen instead of getting their cars,   ???

Arthu®

Since you folks seem to be addicted to it, it is quiet a fun game actually. Been playing for a couple of hours now just at over 70% of the career. It is not that hard. Here are some screenshots of my cars.
- 1969 Dodge Charger (Stock exterior - Full Performance)
- Aston Martin DB9 (Modified exterior - Full Performance)
- Lotus Elise (Modified exterior - Full Performance)

What can I say I have a weak spot for english cars...
Striving for world domination since 1986

Arthu®

And the Lotus Elise didn't fit in the post

Arthu®

Quote from: Dave22443 on December 20, 2006, 08:58:35 AM
Right now I'm trying to figure out where the game puts the pictures you take in photo mode.  I'd like to post some pics of my cars  :icon_smile_cool:

I tried to find out too, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I just used print screen... and than pasted the image into photoshop (or whatever picture editing program you have, even paint is sufficient).

Arthur

Zentelis

I picked up the PC version..very fun, but very short..although, I haven't actually BEATEN the game yet. 5 very difficult races back-to-back. If you screw up, start over from the beginning..ugh! And that Audi Quattro that Darius drives..cripes that thing's fast..he was pulling away from my fully modded McLaren SLR _and_ my fully modded Murcielago..

The only one that can accelerate as quick as him is the Z06 (that i know of), but I don't have the top speed to hang with him.

I used the '69 Charger through most of the game..I used it all the way up to the last part where you start taking over the Stacked Deck's territory..at that point, all those exotics just out-handle the ol' Mopar.

Great game, though! Seeing all the old muscle (and new muscle) is a nice change of pace from a lot of racing games out there :)

SeattleCharger

My rides.

SeattleCharger

SeattleCharger

I got through the first two against Darius in the new Challenger,  in the third, when I saw I was going to lose, I hit restart, and I only had to restart at that third race, didn't have to do the first two again, heh.

The new Challenger with the supercharger and engine top mods hit 196 mph, out accelerates his car no problem, top speed about the same or a little higher than his, but you have to be good at handling the Challenger, the third race was just curvy as heck, if only you could change your cars in between those last races, 

Dave22443

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

:o :eek: :scared:             :nono:   :nono:           :bow:   :bow:   :bow:

115 out of 118, lol, amazing.   a million plus damage, heh,     Just noticed it says the pursuit was well over an hour,

Dave22443

It would have been longer, but I couldn't find any more cops before the cool down ran out  :icon_smile_big:

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

Was in the last race of the last five races and the fuse in wall blew!!   :flame:    The third race of those five was about impossible, I had my computer on pause all night to race more this morning on last race, so I wouldn't have to do the first three again.   Raced the fourth and fifth canyon about fifty times, paused it during night, raced it more this morning,  almost had him once, almost, then paused it for a break, and a while later the fuse blew, heh, gotta start over, oh well.

Used the Challenger against him,  I will beat him with a Mopar,    @$#% that bee atch and his Audi 

Thanks to whoever said how to change paint with arrow keys,   :thumbs:

Dave22443

Your welcome  ;D

It sounds like you are a little further along in the game then I am.  Guess I shouldn't have spent so much time smashing cops LOL!!!

At what point were you able to aquire the Challenger? 

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

The Challenger is in the top right territory,  if you hold the mouse arrow on a star on map and wait a second in the box on upper left that appears it will say what each race unlocks.   I got that far mostly with the SRT8 in canyon, and the RX7 or 350Z in city.   

What car did other people use to beat the last five races of career?

Zentelis

I just beat it..
I used the SLR after I re-tuned it. I had too much torque on the engine and low-rpm on the supercharger. I changed it to horsepower and high-rpm and it was like a whole new car. I even passed Darius on the canyon (but couldn't stay ahead for the 10 seconds).
It was WAY too easy with the SLR and the right performance tune :p I recommend it if you want to dominate without cheating  :icon_smile_big:

SeattleCharger

Hmm, I didn't really mess around with changing the tuning on the upgrades once I bought the stuff for the car, good idea.      What is the SLR? 

SeattleCharger

Awesome plan man.   
   Got the Challenger all tuned different.   Huge difference.   Realized I had stock brakes, so I sold the 350Z to get pro brakes or race brakes, whatever.

Set the engine package to torque for tire burning acceleration, supercharger for high rpm, (top speed)  the main thing though, changed suspension for understeer and the tires for grip,   then brakes to back wheels.    My handling is way better, car doesn't slide all over the place, turned better, then I hit the brakes and let off throttle for a sec, and this puts the car into a drift when I need it on a hairpin,   got the top speed up to 226 mph, instead of 194 before, this with the engine on torque and supercharger on high rpm,   when I had the engine set on hp, I lost all my acceleration and top speed wasn't any better. 

I still have a hard time going over 100 or 150 then trying to take a hairpin, gotta practice that, haven't made it through the last three, but looking better now, still want to try to do it with the Challenger if I can.

Dave22443

Well, I finally have a shot at the Challenger.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get there with the Charger (although your tips on tuning did help).  I was forced to get a 350Z to make any serious headway (or even hold on to existing turf) - as much as I hated to do it.  (I had already spent several days trying with the Charger)

My absolute worst driving is in the canyon.  I'm getting better, but I'm a long way from being good enough and if I get busted one more time I'll loose my ride.  It sucks that they take your nitrous away from you as I really need it to keep up on the straights, but what really kills me is not being able to see far enough ahead.  If I could see the road better... perhaps it would help.  (Maybe I'll tweek the vidio settings to see if I can brighten it up?)

But alas, I have to put the game away for now.  I'm leaving in the morning to go on vacation so you will have to go on without me  :pity:  Still haven't seen the Cuda, maybe I'm pushing too hard?

Ah well.  I'm going to go shake hands with Mickey Mouse and forger about it for a while.  I'll see you guys in a week!

-out-

- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

oh, the challenger race is the canyon,   I tried the z and the rx7 many times, finally won with SRT8 because needed the acceleration because of having to slow down so much on hairpins, 

Don't you have the little map on the lower left of screen that has the road in yellow?   and your car is the little green triangle?   That is the key to knowing when the hair pins are approaching,    good luck, ya, that was the hardest race for me, took many many tries. 

Zentelis

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 22, 2006, 04:22:00 AM
What is the SLR? 
It's the McLaren SLR (Mercedes SLR..same thing). It's the 216K car (give or take)
It's also one of my favorite contemporary exotics