News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater a/c box question removal

Started by autodynamics, October 07, 2006, 01:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

can the heater a/c box be removed without removing the dash? i want to rebuild the heater box and wanted to know how it came out.

Just 6T9 CHGR

A few have recently done this....try a search as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Carrnutt

According to the service manual, you just have to remove the glove box and the duct work. Funny I saw this post, as I was just looking into this an hour ago, gonna be tackling the same project hehe. good Luck (to both of us lol). The removal intructions begin under the evaporator section (lower right) not that u wouldnt be able to tell, but to save some reading time  ;)
1969 Rest-O-Fied Charger 383HP, Disc brake conversion, electronic ignition.
1993 D350 Curmmins
2006 Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Ram 3500 Cummins

moparjohn

I just did mine 2 months ago- it's easier than you think-remove the lines (A/C and heat) remove 3 small bolts from blower motor (engine side ) disconnect all ductwork and temp/cables,take off glove box door and remove glove bock liner,  remove 5 nuts on firewall, pull out of car. If you have a console-remove it, I also removed passenger seat. Any questions PM me
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

rudyjrusa

Quote from: moparjohn on October 07, 2006, 07:56:01 PM
I just did mine 2 months ago- it's easier than you think-remove the lines (A/C and heat) remove 3 small bolts from blower motor (engine side ) disconnect all ductwork and temp/cables,take off glove box door and remove glove bock liner,  remove 5 nuts on firewall, pull out of car. If you have a console-remove it, I also removed passenger seat. Any questions PM me

having a hard time finding gasket rebuild kit for my 1974 dodge charger.  i removed the heater and ac cores from the plenum.  just can't find gasket and padding material to rebuild plenum.  do you have somebody i can contact??

moparjohn

I have a 69 and had it done-it was in bad shape-fixed/messed up by someone before. As far as gasket material, try a craft type store or a good hardware store for the foam and rubber. hope this helps. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!