News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody Have R/C Vehicles

Started by bordin34, October 07, 2006, 10:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 31, 2012, 08:27:19 AM
Quote from: 440 on May 31, 2012, 07:39:39 AM
PocketThunder, make sure you get a quality vehicle. The same rings true with you get what you pay for. Jfarquhas son is pretty much on the money, anything Traxxas is pretty good and durable for the money. Anything from name brand companies such as Associated, Losi, HPI, Traxxas, Duratrax etc would be a good choice.

Thats what i'm seeing.  But i can also see this R/C hobby turning into a minature version of owning a money pit old Charger....  :lol:

It is a money pit, but on the bright side, it is not me, and my son is learning.

Now he and his friend are pounding the pavement looking for jobs from the neighbors etc... and not just when/after something breaks. 

It also is educational, now he points the ramp in some direction other than at the wall.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Tilar

That would be a Yes.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,57197.msg637897.html#msg637897

It's been a couple years since it's been run, and it needs some repair. Funny thing is the batteries still show charged.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Darkman

A money pit is true!

I have over $4,000 invested in my HPI 1/5th alone  :'(

If only I was wiser and invested that money, I would have enough now to buy half a 68 Charger grill  :smilielol:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

I've flown a few planes, mostly foamies as they are easy to repair. My good friend broke his back falling out of a tree to retrieve an airplane  :eek2:

Yes Darkman  :rotz:  sadly that is the case...

Here you go PocketThunder....

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Hudson Hornet !

Quote from: 440 on May 29, 2012, 10:18:39 PM
Sounds like you have been doing it a while too Hudson. Have you been to the Snowbirds?

The RC10T2 was my first stadium truck, second to my first rc car which was an RC10 stealth. I also have a handful each of early RC10's through to GT's, T4's and a slew of onroad/pan cars from RC12LW to Bolink's to Parma's, touring cars etc, too many to list.

Although I've never been into Losi's I know where I can get my hands on a JRXT.

I have never been to the birds, but I have some friends that go. I have been milling my own pan cars now for about 4 years and do pretty well with them on a short oval track. 

I do miss the days when Traxxas was a small company and there was more diversity in r/c.

How much for the jrx-t ?
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

hatersaurusrex

Yeah this thread is old, and I haven't done any of this since I was in high school, but to the OP I have to say: Associated? Team Losi, dude!
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

I had a friend from Hawaii that went to the snowbirds. I'd love to see some photos of your milled pan cars, I love hand made and exotic stuff. Agreed I miss the older days when everything only came as kits, none of this RTR stuff.

The first car I made was a dirt oval car out of an RC10, I flipped the trans around so it was mid motor. Both the chassis and suspension were offset. I always wanted to make a carbon chassis for it but never did.

The car I always wanted was the 10L2.

I'll have to check on the JRXT for you.

Hatersaurusrex - ?    Don't like Associated?

hatersaurusrex

Lol no I always liked the JRXT 10... Just saying Team Losi was bit meaner back in the day :)

hatersaurusrex

Can we all just agree that Traxxas was the Devil then?  Thanks.

The old Traxxas TCP wasn't too bad but short lived. Traxxas killed the current market and snuffed out the kits, now everything except high end stuff is RTR.  The main battle back in the old days were between Associated and Losi, (trinity for pan cars) When Gil Losi Jr. sold the company they went away from their roots. The running joke was how many minis and micros were Losi going to bring out this year.

Either way the old days were great.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 440 on June 01, 2012, 02:09:24 AM
The old Traxxas TCP wasn't too bad but short lived. Traxxas killed the current market and snuffed out the kits, now everything except high end stuff is RTR.  The main battle back in the old days were between Associated and Losi, (trinity for pan cars) When Gil Losi Jr. sold the company they went away from their roots. The running joke was how many minis and micros were Losi going to bring out this year.

Either way the old days were great.

You guys are speeking Greek to me.  So RTR means ready to run?  And in the old days you had to build cars on your own?  Is that what you are saying.  Seems to me having a car RTR would be a benefit.  Unless you want other components than what is standard in the RTR's.  Then its the company making more money by selling you more options.  Kind of like real car companies.  Correct?   :shruggy: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Indygenerallee

It was much more fun putting them together I remember putting together a RC10GT back in 1998!!! Talk about a million pieces!!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Probably up until the late 90's most hobby grade rc cars came as kits, you had to buy the kit you wanted, a radio, motor, speed control, batteries and charger all separately. Nitro cars were the same except you purchased the engine etc that you wanted. Building it was half the fun, and would teach you heaps putting it together. Being you could choose the components you wanted the sky was really the limit for selection and combinations. One benefit of building it yourself is you knew how to fix it when something went wrong.

Late 90's - early 2000's RTRs, yes Ready To Run cars started hitting the market (Traxxas pretty much started it). RTR's are designed for the entry level side of things, they are quite a bit cheaper. It's like buying the base model as opposed to buying the fully optioned model. Now most cars today are RTR's and the kits are usually reserved for high end kits and Tamiya kits. Of course many of the current kits come with better parts than the same model that's offered in a RTR version and thus are more expensive. Some RTR cars come with components that are total garbage and leave the customer completely frustrated. Some RTR's are great, you get what you pay for. Most people now just want to buy them and go play. When something breaks they just take it back to the hobby shop to fix it instead of trying to fix it themselves. Give me the old days any day.

The original RC10GT is great, love the old tub version. It was a well designed truck and always ran well.

myk

I gotta post pics of my newly resurrected late 80's Kyosho Optima Mid AWD.  After retrofitting it with an ESC and a Li-Po battery this thing is faster than when it was new.  Unfortunately, I'm told that switching to a modern brushless motor would disintegrate the vintage belt drive system lol...