News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pro touring charger

Started by autodynamics, October 05, 2006, 12:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Some of you guys/gals are absolutely incredible, the talent and drive you have to make something work.  Very nice indeed!!! :2thumbs:

Any possibility of a video with that cruise tomorrow? :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Forza

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 28, 2007, 07:51:58 PM
Some of you guys/gals are absolutely incredible, the talent and drive you have to make something work.  Very nice indeed!!! :2thumbs:

Any possibility of a video with that cruise tomorrow? :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike

:iagree: Looks amazing

old man

What an amazing thread. I wish i had one tenth of your skill. Very nice car you can be proud to drive it around. The looks you will get will be well deserved, :drool5:
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

chargerrt

autodynamics

here are some of the latest pics...i still have some tuning
do and find some  gremlins that. everything needs tweeking. but it runs and drives. time will only make this ride wicked...here are some pics..
[

chargerrt

Man, you've got suuuuch a beautiful ride.  I only hope that mine can be as nice as yours one day :yesnod:

venom04

Very very nice got to get us some audio once you got it all ready, would really love to hear that thing.
:drive:

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

Bob

What can be said that has not already been. Speechless is it.

Forza

SRT-440

I'm interested to see how well the 6.1 performs in a "muscle car" compared to the older engines like the 383, 440 and 426. Looks completely badass tho!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

NYCMille

You guys really need to see this car to appreciate the amount of work Pete has put into it as it is simply stunning. There hasn't been one item on the car that hasn't been planned out and thought through. It is a very well designed, engineered and excuted Charger...

Top Notch Pete :yesnod:

As for how it performs... I'm sure myself and Pete will have a couple of runs against eachother this summer :D

SRT-440

Quote from: NYCMille on April 13, 2007, 12:08:00 PM
You guys really need to see this car to appreciate the amount of work Pete has put into it as it is simply stunning. There hasn't been one item on the car that hasn't been planned out and thought through. It is a very well designed, engineered and excuted Charger...

Top Notch Pete :yesnod:

As for how it performs... I'm sure myself and Pete will have a couple of runs against eachother this summer :D

That would be great to see the comparo!!! 440 may edge him out tho.. :icon_smile_wink:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Silver R/T

nice, Hemi fits there very nicely. Clean install
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

autodynamics

thanks for all your comments.as  far as performance goes, i will get all the muscle out of the 6.1 it might take me sometime to dial it in but trust me i will find all the power in this motor.as far as comparisions go, im curious myself. my whole objective from day one has been to build a modern day machine that maintains its looks but performs like a new machine. i wanted fuel economy, handling looks power braking, and  a big stereo. the sound system will be very stealth functioning off the factory radiio. i hope to start driving it this week. and begin the "tuning" keep in mind that to my knowledge this is the only 6.1 in a charger so i had to overcome some hurdles with some stuff but for the most past it went in pretty smooth. this time around i changed motor trans and rear. the car now has a 5 speed auto overdrive unit and a 3.73 rear . i still have alot to do, but in a year its come along way.........some pics to along the way

Brock Samson

autodynamics

hey guys... just want to update you..... the car is all together and ive been driving it... and let me just say.....i am amazed!!!!! while building it i had some doubts, but since my first ride they have all been put to rest! the car has amazing torque, power, handling, and overall comfort. i am waiting for a new program for my pcm (power control module) that should give me another 100hp. let me just say im thrilled now cant wait till i see more power! throughout the build i learned a tremendous amount of info.on the 6.1 what works what doesnt and so on.... you guys here have helped me allot also.i have to give thanks to  norway and mr angry as they have been a good inspiration for me. i still have e few things to do but as for now i want to enjoy it. i still want to finish the stereo (got some real trick ideas for that). i will put some new pics together real soon ... hope you guys enjoyed pics...pete

autodynamics

hutch

That car is top grade man.  That was one hell of a job you did on that machine.  Keep it in the family and your grandkids will fight over your dead body for it.  Best of luck.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

PocketThunder

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Hey Pete, you have PM (which you already know since the window pops up when anyone logs on)  After i filled up my 68 440 with 92 octane at $3.09/gal.  I'm ready for the next leap into the future.  Its a blast to drive my 68 that gets 8 smiles per gallon but i'm going broke in a hurry.

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

autodynamics

NOT ME.....I ENJOY THE 6.1 MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY...I LOVE THE O/D  TRANS. ...SOON I WILL HAVE GAS MILEAGE FIGURES........I KNOW THAT I DROVE THE BALLS OFF OF IT FOR A WEEK AND I STILL HAD FUEL LEFT.. I GAVE MIKE MR ANGRY A RIDE TODAY... I LET HIM REPLY TO WHAT HE FELT...AS FOR YOU GET A O/D TRANS AND ENJOY THE FUEL MILEAGE.....!!!!!!

autodynamics

so i am working out some small bugs.. but here are some pics... i should be a englishtown in a few weeks.....a few magazine people will be there to shoot the car... hope all goes well... also i had a chance to appraise the car this past saturday, and it was nice to hear the appraisal. came in right were i thought it would. mike nyc mile had a chance to drive the car. i would love for him to comment so you guys can get a good feedback from him...i was cool me and mike went to a local car show and the response was amazing!! well here are some of the latest pics they will better ones this weekend!!!

autodynamics

for all you guys that are wondering about the performance... let just say the power is very impressive and the 6.1 feels like a big block and keeps on pulling. the power is very linear!!

Charger_Fan

Way cool. Thanks for all the updates & all the pics! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)