News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scat Pack?

Started by 69chargerboy, October 04, 2006, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

What year did the "Scat Pack" become an option? 1968? Was the Scat Pack term used on only R/T cars at the time? Just wondering. Thanks.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Ghoste

Sact Pack was a collective marketing term that Dodge applied to their performance cars from 68-71.  It was comprised of the 340 and big block Darts, Charger RT, Coronet RT, Super Bee and Challenger RT and TA.  Oh, and the Daytona too.  How could I forget that?
Their was a "Scat Pack" option available in late 69 for the 69 Super Bee and as far as I know, it meant you got the Ramcharger hood with blacked out scoops and side scoops.  There may have been more to it but I'm not all that familiar with it.

Alaskan_TA

For 1968 Scat Pack info, click on this link;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/photos-va-2.shtml

The Scat Pack pages are near the bottom, there are two pages on the '68 Charger, just click on the thumbnails to view each page full size.

T/Ake care,
Barry

2fast4u

didn't plymouth have the Rapid Transit System also?
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Ghoste

Basically the same thing.  I think the Plymouth deal was that the car had to run in the 14's in the 1/4 to be part of RTS.