News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going over my fender tag what are the 2 color numbers for

Started by Spartan, October 02, 2006, 09:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I used one of those decoder things are found 2 different colors came up.  My car is triple green, green paint, green top, green interior if it helps.

The first paint code came up as F5 and then a second came up as door frame color as F8.  I am guessing that the F8 color might be foe the paint on the lower part of the door on the interior but I guess I am looking for a little verification of that.  It was neat looking all the info up on the car.  I juet never knew I had 2 different colors on the car (I have only had it for just shy of 23 years lol).
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

69 OUR/TEA

Love the color combo!!!!!! What drivetrain ? Have any more pics???? I've been spying your twin for about 20 years next town over from me,every year dropping off my name and # reminding when they sell (original owners)to give me a ring.Stopped again this past week,they and the car are gone.Another one that got away.

Just 6T9 CHGR

You are coprrect.  The first color code on line 2 from the bottom would be the exterior color...next to that might be the same color listed again fo rthe roof color if the car did not have a vinyl roof (this is true for "B" Hamtramck plant cars..... "G" St' Louis cars had the roof color on the tag regardless if it had a vinyl roof or not)
The second color after the seat code (for ex C6G Green vinyl buckets) stands for the "upper door frame color" (in a Charger's case the lower door frame because we have luxurious upper door pads :thumbs: )

See this post for interior color options.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,18543.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lord Warlock

If the car had a vinyl top, did they actually spray it with body color paint?  Mine is coded Y3 Y3 but when i took the vinyl top off to fix minor surface rust that was forming underneath, the top didn't appear to be painted completely.  Of course since it was taken off more than 10 years ago, my memory is a bit fuzzy.  I plan on repainting it anyway before i install a new vinyl top, i've long since killed the rust and covered it with primer to protect the surface.  I'm in the middle of re-stripping it now to get ready for a new paint job.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

In Chrysler's eyes, why waste money by painting something that you would never see once it is covered by the vinyl top.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Spartan

Thanks for the info guys.  Sounds like that was it.

I do have some recent pics I took 2 weeks ago.  I atteched one.  I have a sweet one of all 3 Chargers but I have to finish sizing it smaller.  You can't even tell the enterior isn't in it, lol.  I was using a carboard box for a seat, wife wasn't too happy I was taking it out on the road (even if it was just for a few spins around the block)
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)