News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SPOKANE as an option?

Started by TK73, October 02, 2006, 12:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

The good?

The bad?

The weather?

The Mopar / car scene?

Mountain biking?

Other fun stuff?
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RECHRGD

TK73,
The Good- Beautiful Country.  Lower cost of living than on the west side.  Traffic does exist but nowhere near as bad as the west side.  You can still get some acreage in the area for a reasonable price.

The Bad- Wages are around 75% of what you can get on the west side.  Probably too politically conservative for you.  Rednecks abound (good or bad depending on your point of view).  Roads are not as well maintained as on the west side.  Too many people at the poverty level for a city the size of Spokane.

The Weather- The potential for 100 degree plus days in the summer and -30 degree days in the winter (not very often or for too long).  Definately a four season climate.  Store the Charger for six months out of the year.

Mopar / Car scene- Very good.  A couple of Mopar clubs locally and car shows and cruises going on all the time during the season.

Mountain Biking-  I think Mt. Spokane park is gearing up for a lot of new trails and you can ride all the way into Idaho along the river on a well maintained trail.  Not my thing, but I would guess there's more places than I know about for biking.

Other Fun Stuff-  I'm not a very fun person.  I do know that there always seems to be alot of family orientated stuff going on all the time.

Bob

13.53 @ 105.32

bull

You could hang out with Silver if you move there.

bull

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on October 02, 2006, 05:36:55 PM
Quote from: bull on October 02, 2006, 05:36:30 PM
:iagree:
Did you just agree with yourself? :smilielol:
Did the voices in your head make you do it? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 02, 2006, 07:03:07 PM

It was an inside joke with TK, because that's what 85% of Silver's posts consist of. But as long as you're entertained the result is the same.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on October 02, 2006, 07:11:59 PM
But as long as you're entertained the result is the same.
I think I'm too easily entertained some days. :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 02, 2006, 07:03:07 PM

lol, I thought so too, what stuff are you using, send some my way :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

www.spokanespeed.net thats where local car scene guys hang out at. Also there's lots of fun at Spokane Raceway Park. IMO, its pretty good city

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TK73

THANKS GUYS!!  Good one Bull  :icon_smile_big:

I'm seriously considering a move, houses are at less than half what they are within 30 miles of Seattle AND I can transfer at my SAME pay  :2thumbs:  We have an office in the Valley and it looks like I can get a cool place within 5 miles of it for under 140k.  I want a place with a shop so bad I can taste it...

After spending over a decade in Arkansas I may be able to handle the heat and political conservativeness...  :icon_smile_big:

I passed this idea by a couple of Mopar guys here today, one was at Gonzaga and the other grew up there, they both said the whole car scene is pretty good.

Might be aiming for next summer depending on a couple of factors, would be nice to get back into a house and a shop...

BB1

I lived there for 5 months, ran trains up to Whitefish, Pasco, and Wenatchee. Nice country, but Spokane sucked big time for me.
Delete my profile

squeakfinder

My brother bought a new house in Medical Lake about 3 years ago. Its just outside of Spokane. Seems like a nice area.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

TK73

Thanks Silver, been checking out the track...

I LOVE Seattle but the housing here is out of control and I am not able to get anything better than a 600 sq ft condo with no parking for under 150k. "Starter houses" and "townhomes" are at 275k+ within 20 miles of Seattle.  I'm 22 miles from work now and the only way to lower prices is to get about 40 miles out, then traffic sucks for 40 miles, not 22...

150k will get me a house with shop over there...

Well, I've got all winter to ponder  :icon_smile_big:

bull

If I could make a lateral move and live in Eastern Oregon I'd do it in a heartbeat. I grew up there and have always wanted to return but unemployment there is high, especially in winter. I've been to Spokane many times and I've never really been too impressed with what they call the Inland Empire as far as the scenery goes. I have a high school buddy who lives in Moses Lake and that place looks a lot like Iraq IMO but you can't beat life in a small town. Is Spokane considered small? The town I grew up in had a population of 1,100.

Silver R/T

all the californians moving over here raised prices way too much. I'd look for property now as prices seem to stabilize a bit and sellers are negotiable.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

http://www.spokanecity.org/

spokane is by FAR bigger than moses lake (which also stinks when you drive by there). Spokane got so big that we had to split it into Spokane Valley City and City of Spokane.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

does it have to be in washington state?  :icon_smile_big:

1 Spokane, WA, US
2 Spokane, MO, US
3 Spokane, LA, US
4 Spokane, OH, US
5 Spokane, SD, US
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 04, 2006, 02:20:30 PM

1 Spokane, WA, US
2 Spokane, MO, US
3 Spokane, LA, US
4 Spokane, OH, US
5 Spokane, SD, US

HAHAHAHHA that is good...

Chargerfan361

If you are looking for a small town in Eastern WA.  with reasonable realestate prices, good for kids recreation etc. you might look at Ephrata. Cheaper tan Spokane, Moses Lake, Cleaner than Moses Lake, more laid back, but poor job opportunities although 20 miles from Quincy and Moses Lake.  Quincy has ne Microsoft server farm and Yahoo server farm and campuses under construction.  @nd lowest power rates in nation (Grant Co. PUD) Ephrata is County seat, PUD hdqrtrs, Bureau of Reclamation Headquarters  etc.

TK73

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 04, 2006, 02:20:30 PM

1 Spokane, WA, US
2 Spokane, MO, US
3 Spokane, LA, US
4 Spokane, OH, US
5 Spokane, SD, US

WA preferably...  :icon_smile_big:

TK73

Quote from: Chargerfan361 on October 04, 2006, 03:33:49 PM
If you are looking for a small town in Eastern WA.  with reasonable realestate prices, good for kids recreation etc. you might look at Ephrata. Cheaper tan Spokane, Moses Lake, Cleaner than Moses Lake, more laid back, but poor job opportunities although 20 miles from Quincy and Moses Lake.  Quincy has ne Microsoft server farm and Yahoo server farm and campuses under construction.  @nd lowest power rates in nation (Grant Co. PUD) Ephrata is County seat, PUD hdqrtrs, Bureau of Reclamation Headquarters  etc.

Cool thanks.  I can transfer to the other office we have with Unemplyment which is located in Spokane Valley... I sure like the real estate prics over there...

MorePwr

If I was moving to that side of the mountains I'd take another step east to Post Falls or Coer d' Alene ID. They are the cleanest, best kept citys I've ever seen......and there not in Wa.

Lowprofile

Quote from: MorePwr on October 24, 2006, 12:13:43 PM
If I was moving to that side of the mountains I'd take another step east to Post Falls or Coer d' Alene ID. They are the cleanest, best kept city's I've ever seen......and there not in WA.

My wife and I live about 30 miles south of Coer d' Alene. [about 35 miles from Spokane] Getting off the east coast was the best thing I've ever done. We have a small horse ranch [about 12 acres]. Life is a beautiful thing in the country! And plenty of room for the Charger!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TK73

Still looking at this as an option for next summer... Making a temporary move to South Seattle for a while and will start getting serious about a move...

Our office over there is in "the Valley", close to the Mall... looking at property within 5 - 10 miles of it.