News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Providence Canyon State Park....old car pics! Dial up Beware

Started by BigBlackDodge, October 01, 2006, 08:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlackDodge

Took the family here on Saturday for a mini-vacation. This place is also called Georgia's Little Grand Canyon. Beautiful scenery..........blah blah blah...........but they have cars too!

How many state parks have old wrecks on the walking trails? One that I know of......this one.

http://gastateparks.org/info/providence/

Story goes that this area was an old homestead that got absorbed into the park when it was created. The former land owner had abandoned these cars in the woods....and they still remain.

BBD

BigBlackDodge

More..

BigBlackDodge

More.....

BBD

TruckDriver

Most look to be old Fords. But the one with the tree growing out of it looks to be a old Chevy. Neet pics.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

Just think, there was a day when each one of those was shiny & brand new. Seems almost impossible.  :'(

I'm amazed they're not all painted up with lil' gangsta graffiti.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 03, 2006, 05:12:28 PM
Just think, there was a day when each one of those was shiny & brand new. Seems almost impossible.  :'(

You know Grant - that is the same thought that crossed my mind when this thread first appeared.

BTW - the gangsta's don't take too many hikes through the forests.  At least I can't picture it!   :D

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Shakey on October 03, 2006, 06:13:27 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 03, 2006, 05:12:28 PM

You know Grant - that is the same thought that crossed my mind when this thread first appeared.

BTW - the gangsta's don't take too many hikes through the forests.  At least I can't picture it!   :D

True enough. The tops of the cars did have that jumped on look and EVERY loose item/trim/emblem etc had been removed..........they truly were shells.

The park was created in '71 so they've sitting there since then and probably even longer.

BBD

41husk

I'm sure there are still many areas like that, My grandparent used to own a farm and they would drive there old truck until it wouldn't go any longer then they would push it to the edge of the woods with the tractor and get another.  I remember playing in three or four old vehicles and playing Bonny and Clyde and riddling them with 22 holes,  never gave any thought that some one 30 years latter would have given a fortune for chrome and body pannels if some stupid kid hadn't shot them full of holes >:(
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

where i grew up there were 2 cars that were pushed into the creek nose first near the Legion park in the woods, a 57 Chevy, and a 58 Ford.  They were in about 1/3 of the way.  i always wanted to pull them out but Dad said no.  They were finally pulled out when the village cleaned up the area 15 years ago.  they were rough.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 04, 2006, 11:54:44 AM
where i grew up there were 2 cars that were pushed into the creek nose first near the Legion park in the woods, a 57 Chevy, and a 58 Ford.  They were in about 1/3 of the way.  i always wanted to pull them out but Dad said no.  They were finally pulled out when the village cleaned up the area 15 years ago.  they were rough.

Any corpses inside?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on October 04, 2006, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 04, 2006, 11:54:44 AM

Any corpses inside?

nope, just fish... :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."