News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valence lights dim as hell

Started by chargerhunter, October 03, 2006, 10:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerhunter

I just put my front valence on and installed the light assembly's . When I turn on the blinkers or flashers they are so dim you can hardly see them. Does this sound like a grounding issue? Rear blinkers are bright as can be along with the headlights.
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

Plumcrazy

Run a wire between the negative battery terminal and the metal part of the light housings and see what happens.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

chargerhunter

Will do. I grounded a wire to the valence and got nothing. I'll try the housing and see what happens. Thanks Plumcrazy!

68 Charger 383/727

nick_iam

use a meter and see what voltage ur getting, what bulb are you using btw? some bulbs have higher ratings than others. for example 164's are the same as 194's but are very dim.
'72 charger | 318 | auto - work in progress

chargerhunter

Thanks, I believe with the new paint and all it was just a grounding issue. For some weird reason yesterday they worked fine. I need to replace th e bulbs though, I have no idea if they are "vintage" or not. I'm just working thru all the little bugs right now, went on the maiden voyage last night, DAMN that was nice.  I know alot of guys here frown at a General Lee, but it was a '68 that had been butchered and left for dead and I swapped out the tail panel with a fiberglass one and swapped the grill center and a little orange paint. 440/4spd now, was a factory 318/727 car. :icon_smile_approve:

68 Charger 383/727