News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

heater core and a/c evaporator core

Started by rudyjrusa, October 01, 2006, 06:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi -

is there someplace i can test out my heater core and a/c evaporator core before i purchase a new one?? 

a new a/c evaporator core is about $225 dollars.

a new heater core is about $60 dollars.

thanks

Nacho-RT74

just sink them on water and inyect pressure air ( sealing one of the ends ) to check for air bubbles because broken lines. If there is no bubbles then you don't need to replace them.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 02, 2006, 10:45:18 AM
just sink them on water and inyect pressure air ( sealing one of the ends ) to check for air bubbles because broken lines. If there is no bubbles then you don't need to replace them.

had a radiator place do i - it cost only $50.00 dollars - still having problem finding gasket and padding material for plenum rebuild.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 02, 2006, 10:45:18 AM

do you know what to use to remove the old glue on internal metal plating of plenum??  when i get the new foam rubber gasket - i would like to spray the surface with new adhesive - is there a certain adhesive to use for this??

defiance

Wow, they charged you $50?  You can get a radiator pressure tester kit for less, then just seal the ends and you've done the same thing...