News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vinyl tops stainless steal trim hardwear

Started by towman, September 25, 2006, 08:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towman

i need vinyl tops stainless steal trim hardwear that holds it on i got the trim off e bay
but i did not get the hardwear i thank it is 5 holes on each side thank you.  :shruggy:

towman

i need vinyl tops stainless steal trim hardwear that holds it on i got the trim off e bay
but i did not get the hardwear i thank it is 5 holes on each side thank you.    :shruggy:

Todd Wilson

Any good body shop supply store will have everything you need to put the trim back on.  On my 71 there were threaded studs and nuts that would slide on the trim and also little whisker clip that slid on also and snapped into some of the holes.   There were also plastic pieces that slid into the trim and then had a hole that fit onto the little metal studs on the car itself and you snapped them on.

Todd

69 OUR/TEA

I have just found a clip that is a little different than the square originals that I think might work,I am going to try today,I get back to let you know how they work.

Shakey

If you can get a hold of the Layson's catalogue, there are a couple of pages that show all of the different types of clips available.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Back N Black

69 OUR/TEA

The clips that I found are a little to small,they fall out of the molding.They do however fit perfectly in RR vinyl top trim.Sorry...