News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ChgrSteve67 Charger Rebuild

Started by ChgrSteve67, August 24, 2005, 05:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

The air horn is 139 db and fits really nice next to the rad and fender.
The sequencers did not work quite rights so out they came.

I'm currently mulling around the location for discrete fuel pump cut off switch.

I'm hoping to get my digital dash, mp3\wma stereo and Sony xplode speakers installed this weekend.

ChgrSteve67

A few more pics from today.

Got my Dash Pad, instrumentation cluster, Glove box, GB Door and Stereo installed today.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PocketThunder

I love the billard ball shifter!  :2thumbs:  I had a #10 on my old 55 Chevy that i used to have that was blue and white. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ChgrSteve67

11 is my lucky number. The fact the 11 billiard ball is also red to match my Charger is well..... lucky.

I'm thinking about having a custom shifter plate made and mounted by the base of the shifter.
My wife does not drive a 5 speed very often and needs a visual hint from time to time. 

Dropped off 27 pieces at the plater today and should have them back in 4 to 6 weeks.

In the mean time I can work on installing the sound deadener, carpet and windows.

Steve

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

A383Wing

Yea...what my favorite redneck said......  :nana:

ChgrSteve67

A few more progress pictures.

Glass is going in.
Still waiting for the rear window seal to arrive.

Sound deadener is in and carpet is going down.

Chromer should be done with batch 1 in a week or so.

69*F5*SE

ChgrSteve67

Here are some more pics.

All of the Glass is finally in and the windows adjusted.

Working on installing the interior and rebuilding the seats.
You got to love the extra foam that was added to the middle of the seat.

Charger-Bodie

Keep up the great work!

And, Keep the pics coming too!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

PocketThunder

I love this phase of a project.  And i love the billard ball shifter.  I had a #10 ball in my 55 Chevy that was blue and white.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WingCharger

ChgrSteve67

Getting closer.

Finally got my pieces back from the chromer.
Got all of my seats upholstered (Did them myself)

Now if the I can get the upholster to finish (start working on) my door panels.

ChgrSteve67

I still have to do a little painting on the tail light chrome. (Not pictured)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ChgrSteve67

Upholster called today and said he is done with my arm rests and door pannels.

These are the last pieces needed in order to finish my Charger.

Someone pinch me

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

skip68

Bokan Brothers.   :scratchchin:   They don't like me very much.   :icon_smile_big:   I had a nice visit with them several years ago.  We had a problem with 2 350 chevy marine engines we had ordered.  One of the cams went out on break in at Rancho Marine.  Bokan said it was the mechanics fault.  We asked the mechanic how nice was the idle on the other motor and he said it was nice and smooth.    :o   We told him that we ordered the perfomance engines with roller cams that had a lope to them.   :rotz:   So, we go out and look inside the motor and no roller cam.  :flame:   Then we notice the heads are not the DART 202 heads we ordered either.   :flame:   Bokan said we are out of luck, they made the heads custom and they are 202's and they did nothing wrong, much like bk auto did.    :icon_smile_big:    So I go down there and have a nice talk with them in the office and tell the guys my offer leaves with me when I go out the door and don't call me.   Long story short, they covered the engines and the shop bill for labor.   Steve,  call andy at Rancho Marine and ask what he thinks of Bokan.   :smilielol:   They had several motors get sent back.   :rotz:   This was 04-05 so maybe things are better.   Your car is looking sweet.   :2thumbs:   Nice job.   :cheers:   Chuck........ 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ChgrSteve67

I'm not going to doubt you or disagree Chuck,
Bokan Brothers was a recomendation by my cousin that did business with them.

I have not had any problems with my rebuild but did have problems getting them to finish my motor and returning my parts.  got the motor back 5 weeks after the promissed date. Lots of excuses.  (machinest is out for the day, a large rush order came in, the ballencer is back logged, extra time was needed on the block, and on ....)

They made me bring them my flywheel to balence the motor then when I went to pick up the motor they said they did not have the flywheel.  I asked "then how did you ballence it?" (Standing there with the ballence sheet in my hand).

A guy walking around the shop says "This is the only flywheel we have around here and its for a Jeep"  the markings on my Flywheel were [S. Jeep] marking stood for "Specialized Jeep" the name of my cousins business. I guess my cousin does not do that much business with them and they obviously don't know what size fly wheel goes in a Jeep. Why they took the fly weel off after they got done ballancing it is also beyond me.

In the end I got all my parts back and the motor is doing well. my cousin called BB and even got me about $300 what they were going to charge me.

Can't say I'm thrilled (Not many companies I have dealt durring my rebuild have made me happy) put I am happy with the work that was done to date.

The plater that did my Chrome is exactly the same.
Got all my parts back.
Did a good job on the actual work.
Did not deliver when promissed, gave me one excuse after another and I had to pester the hell out of them to get the work done.

I though I was going to have to go through the same thing with the upholster.
He said it would be about a month or so, after three weeks I go in to see the progress and there is none.
I figures "here we go again", week and a half later he calls me and says come get it.
My first car show for the year is at the end of June, I have two months to finish putting the car back to gether and clean it up. I fingures I was only going to get two or three weeks. So at this point I'm happy. But I have not seen my pannels yet either.

I hope to take some pictures and post soon.   Steve

ChgrSteve67

Busy day.

Rear seats and side panels installed.
Seat belts installed.
AC fixed and vent hoses reinstalled.
Rear tail lights assembled and installed.
Trailer light harnes wired.

Things still left to do.
Install buddy seat.
Install pasenger seat.
Install door panels.
Install carpet in trunk.
Install side panels in trunk.
Clean and touch up engine compartment.
Wash and vacuum Charger.
Polish Rims.

ChgrSteve67

A little more progress.

Interior is done.
I have a charging problem and AC issue to resolve.

Some cleanup and touch up to do and she will be done.

ChgrSteve67

ChgrSteve67

ChgrSteve67

Last Two