News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 charger in family guy?

Started by The Ghoul, September 25, 2006, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

I think I may be falling victim to insomnia, but I swear on the last episode of family guy there was a 71 charger in the background. The set up was Peter was buying a used car for meg and they were standing in front of a charger... It had to be.
There was the distinct 71-74 front bumper, triangular logo in the middle of the 'tooth', hide away headlights and big double stacked front corner markers.

Any body else notice this? Or have I indeed gone crazy?

twilt

I saw it too. The car did resemble a 71-72 charger with hideaways.

THE CHARGER PUNK

yea i saw it as well, the yellow one, i was hoping they would pick it out for megs car-MATT

69chargerboy

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on September 25, 2006, 03:42:43 PM
yea i saw it as well, the yellow one, i was hoping they would pick it out for megs car-MATT

Me three!  I saw it on the car lot as well !  I would buy that before the tank!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

B5BluWhtop

Even my daughter said "Hey Dad That Looks Like A Charger"

B5BluWhtop

A few years ago I remember seeing a 69 Charger on the Simpsons

73chgrSE

I saw it but my girlfriend swears I was hallucinating. I'm glad others confirmed it.

Mean 318

Quote from: B5BluWhtop on September 25, 2006, 05:04:39 PM
There was also a 70 GTX on the Simpsons, green, it was homers first car.

69chargerboy

Has anyone seen the newer commercial for Wendy's Frescata sandwich?  It has a good front view of a 70 Super Bee!
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

rusty lee

Hemidog

i tought that's what i saw.. but i didn't think too much about it.

6pkrunner

Quote from: Mean 318 on September 25, 2006, 06:13:20 PM
Quote from: B5BluWhtop on September 25, 2006, 05:04:39 PM
There was also a 70 GTX on the Simpsons, green, it was homers first car.

Snake has driven 1968, 1969, and 1970 Chargers (besides the Firebird) on the Simpson's since it started. Homer had that runner/GTX hybrid thing with the dented fender, chain wheel and chopped short wing.

41husk

I saw the Wendy's commercial, infact my wife said that looks like a mopar, I think I'm wearing her down!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The Ghoul

good, I thought my cheese had finaly slid off the cracker.

Brock Samson

Once (and i posted on this before) Peter Griffin in a flashback to highschool, was leaning on the hood of a blue '69 charger...
  those cartoon guys love Mopars... the latest Venture Bros. had Doc Venture's ex, and the mother of the boys Hank and Dean driving a green '67 Mustang with shelby side scoops..
  Brock of course was in his '69 Charger R/T, which the artists took some liberties with...  ???
Doc Venture's ride in this episode, "I know why the caged bird kills" seemed to be an mid '60s SAAB.  ???

THE CHARGER PUNK

QuoteHomer had that runner/GTX hybrid thing with the dented fender, chain wheel and chopped short wing

dont forget the blue interior-MATT( i would like 2 make an exact replica of that car 1 day, maybe even my 1st car if i can finda 70 b-body 2-door)

plum500

Quote from: The Ghoul on September 25, 2006, 12:51:03 PM

I think I may be falling victim to insomnia, but I swear on the last episode of family guy there was a 71 charger in the background. The set up was Peter was buying a used car for meg and they were standing in front of a charger... It had to be.
There was the distinct 71-74 front bumper, triangular logo in the middle of the 'tooth', hide away headlights and big double stacked front corner markers.

Any body else notice this? Or have I indeed gone crazy?

Hehe... I saw it! :)

nick_iam

on family guy they did a part where peter and brian were the dukes of hazard w/ general lee and all. was funny cause peter rolls window up and brian tries to jump in and knocks himself out  :yesnod:
'72 charger | 318 | auto - work in progress