News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drip railing

Started by TylerCharger69, September 24, 2006, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Is there a silicone or some kind of caulking that goes above the drip railing where the roof and the drip rail meet?   And  if so....is it just for vinyl tops??

Shakey

All the cars got them.

There is a thin piece of foam glued to the top part that I think acts as a seal and more importantly, keeps them from rattling.

TylerCharger69

I don't mean the chrome piece or where the chrome clips on...I mean behind that where the roof and the drip rail meet.   There is a channel there where you can see spot welds all along behind the drip rail  from the vent windows (top) and down the sail panel.

daytonalo

It just got a wipe of seam seal

Shakey

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 26, 2006, 07:04:05 PM
I don't mean the chrome piece or where the chrome clips on...I mean behind that where the roof and the drip rail meet.   There is a channel there where you can see spot welds all along behind the drip rail  from the vent windows (top) and down the sail panel.

Yah - where the weatherstripping sits in - correct?

In the attched photo are a pair of weatherstrip channels and the grille trim for my '69.

TylerCharger69

No....lol...it's right behind where those go!!!   Right where the roof meets that part.  You can see in that channel the factory spot welds.  The vinyl top would have covered it.   I just need to know if there is a silicone or a body caulking that goes in that channel if there is no vinyl top.  It's dark right now, but I'll take a pic tomorrow  and show y'all exactly where I'm talking about.

toqwik

It's seam sealer, make sure you clean all the old stuff out real good.  It's real sticky too, follow the directions.

TylerCharger69

Well...the old stuff  is gone already....It just seemed kinda unattractive right there where you can see factory spot welds, even though it's painted.   We chiseled that stuff out a long time ago, and I assumed  (assumed being the key word here)  that is was for a vinyl top application.

moparguy01

just smear some seam sealer there like the factory did.

TylerCharger69

Allrighty then....will do

selfmade69

Thanks for the info I was going to ask the same question.