News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ford and GM to merge?..

Started by Brock Samson, September 18, 2006, 11:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

No, Railroads aren't dead. Just those two companies, The railroads where taxed by the needs of WWII and after the war the government backed the US highway system and "required" railroads to keep  passenger  lines on the books even though the automobile deemed the passenger service unnecessary. The passenger service was loosing money and on top of that the gorvernment "regulated" what the companies could charge for freight They couldn't abandon nonprofitable lines without permission from the ICC.The trains after WWII were old and tired and needed to be replaced, labor costs were up.All these factors played against the RR's.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Headrope

Is there an "American" car anymore? I'm talking one that is assembled in American from parts manufactured in America.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

twilt

Quote from: Headrope on September 21, 2006, 09:58:03 PM
Is there an "American" car anymore? I'm talking one that is assembled in American from parts manufactured in America.

definitely not. According to this data, it  looks like Ford is the "American content %" leader for U.S. manufacturers and Chrysler is the leader for foriegn manufacturers.  http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/08/31/new-data-analyzes-american-content-in-cars/