News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mickey Thompson murder trial

Started by Charger_Fan, January 17, 2007, 04:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

This is good news. :yesnod:

http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?id=56578

According to NBC4.tv, Michael Goodwin, former business partner of Mickey Thompson, was convicted January 4 in Los Angeles on two counts of murder in the slayings of Thompson and his wife, Trudy. The jury also found true the special circumstance allegations of lying in wait and multiple murder against the 61-year-old Goodwin. The conviction brings to a close a case that has been active for almost 19 years, largely thanks to the dogged efforts of Thompson's sister, Collene Campbell.

"I was the one that everybody called the pain in the butt that wouldn't let go of it," Campbell said.

According to NBC4.tv, Goodwin's attorney Elena Saris plans to appeal.

Prosecutors alleged that Goodwin arranged the March 16, 1988 killings of Thompson, 59, and his 41-year-old wife as revenge for a soured business deal. Numerous witnesses gave accounts of Goodwin threatening to "waste" Thompson and "take care of him."

Two unknown assailants on bicycles penetrated the gated confines of the Thompson's home, shot him and his wife as they left for work, and escaped into the nearby wooded area. They were never caught.

Goodwin and Thompson went into business together to promote motocross racing, but the partnership disintegrated into a bitter legal battle in which Thompson won a legal judgment of more than $700,000 against Goodwin. The prosecution showed that Goodwin liquidated his assets around the time of the killings, bought a $400,000 yacht, and sailed to the Caribbean where he stayed for three years with his then-wife. He was arrested when he returned to the United States in 2001.

"This has been an endurance race for justice," Campbell said. "We don't plan to drop out until we get to the finish line."

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dkn1997

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 17, 2007, 06:13:22 PM
Who's Mickey Thompson  ???

That's like asking a baseball player what Rawlings is.
RECHRGED

BMOTOXSTAR

It is a shame that Mickey never got to get the Motocross division rolling. I think he had on race, The Mickey thompson Motocross race of champions, I am not too sure though. I am going to do some re-search.
BMOTOXSTAR#079
If you do not know who Mickey Thompson was you should not be allowed to own a muscle car or ever go to a drag strip.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 17, 2007, 06:13:22 PM
Who's Mickey Thompson  ???

WOW,,,,,,,,,,,  A VIRGIN.......... :icon_smile_big:   Do a quick GOOGLE and read up on the man and his efforts. 

Until you know everything about him you are not allowed to even LOOK at a muscle car.. :devil:

Damn, are you related to George Bush??   :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Lowprofile

Check this out guys!  I love his Valve Covers!  Anyone have any for sale?  :D

http://www.chron.com/class/cars/featuredvehicle/031206.html
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TruckDriver

Okay, okay ...... I had a brain fart and a train wreck. :P

Never the less, I never heard anything about this murder thing til now.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 18, 2007, 12:15:24 AM

Never the less, I never heard anything about this murder thing til now.
I only discovered 8 or 9 years ago that he was murdered, when his sister pushed the case back into the media with some bit of info on the gunmen...I forget what that info was now.
It's pretty cool that his sister kept hounding the police & that they finally have a conviction.

bandit67

Thanks for the update. That is the first news I have heard of this  in many, many years. Were the two thugs who ran also caught?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bandit67 on January 18, 2007, 04:14:57 PM
Were the two thugs who ran also caught?
I believe they are still at large.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic