News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What will the 2008 Dodge CHARGER look like?

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, September 19, 2006, 01:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-a simple question for simple-minded folks liking 2 DOOR cars! WHY in the world Chrysler Daimler did the 4 door is almost as LOGICAL AS  GM making the honda look-a-like "GTO" -LoL  !!!
The current Charger looks like a 4 door "church-going" Honda look a like want to be like a GTO kinda car !!!
The TESH

RD

welcome to the site...

but umm...

this topic has been ran over so many times.. the deadhorse doesnt even care to hear about it anymore :D  :horse:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

andy74

and i would guess to say that it will look like the catfish butt ugly sled that is out now

41husk

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on September 19, 2006, 01:45:11 PM
Well-a simple question for simple-minded folks liking 2 DOOR cars! WHY in the world Chrysler Daimler did the 4 door is almost as LOGICAL AS  GM making the honda look-a-like "GTO" -LoL  !!!
The current Charger looks like a 4 door "church-going" Honda look a like want to be like a GTO kinda car !!!
Did some one else post something about not liking the looks of the new Charger ??? :shruggy: :no: :brickwall: :blahblah: :image_294343: :cussing: :scratchchin: :moon:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

it's gonna be a two door hardtop with hidden headlights wing windows and a figment of our imagination...  :icon_smile_wink:

bull

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

6670charger

I'd bet that it'll look remarkably like the 2007 model.................. :devil:
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

TeeWJay426

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

daytonalo

Our savior will be the challenger if it looks close to prototype !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schuler

It looks like the best looking 4-door sedan out there. It is availible with a very powerful engine, retro graphics and colors. Oh, it'll kick any stock 66-87 charger's ass too. Quit whining.
-Zach Schuler
1969 Charger RT/SE 14.091 @ 98.25 (spinning)
1997 Cherokee Sport 4x4 16.057 @ 84
1956 D-100 Pickup
http://www.cardomain.com/id/schuler

TylerCharger69

I think it currently looks like something I once stepped in :sick:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Big Lebowski

I'd be a wagon if that pin head in charge had his way. (Daimler VP Trevor Creed for those of you in Rio Linda)
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

daytonalo

I would buy one but , I :'( hear people are getting confused on which door you get in to drive !

Lowprofile

The question that just won't die! :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

myk

It'll look like what it should've in the first place:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CetEQZ-k6vs

They can keep four doors on the damn thing to help it sell, but with looks like that how can anyone in their right mind complain? 

69chargerboy

The "Charger" SRT8 looks bad ass, but we all know it is NOT A CHARGER! I would buy one if they took off the "Charger" name.  Just call it an SRT8. I'd prefer a 2 door, but what "muscle car" today will generate this much interest 30+ years from now? Probably nothing. The new GTO is junk, the Mustang is ok, maybe the new Challenger and Camaro will start a new generation of muscle car. Who knows?  Who knew back then you could buy a 70 Hemi Cuda or 69 Daytona for $4500 and keep it; now worth 200k + I'm no expert, but I cannot see the same happening to the present day cars.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

RD

Quote from: Schuler on September 19, 2006, 10:22:15 PM
It looks like the best looking 4-door sedan out there. It is availible with a very powerful engine, retro graphics and colors. Oh, it'll kick any stock 66-87 charger's ass too. Quit whining.

just because you brought this up... are you telling me that this car will kick a stock 66-71 hemi charger's azz?  just curious.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69chargerboy

Quote from: RD on September 20, 2006, 12:14:03 PM
Quote from: Schuler on September 19, 2006, 10:22:15 PM
It looks like the best looking 4-door sedan out there. It is available with a very powerful engine, retro graphics and colors. Oh, it'll kick any stock 66-87 charger's ass too. Quit whining.

just because you brought this up... are you telling me that this car will kick a stock 66-71 hemi charger's azz?  just curious.

Here is what I found for the Chargers.......

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=31&article_id=2905

Based on the Road and Track article comparing the Charger SRT8 to the GTO, "The edge goes to the Charger with a fleet 13.3 seconds at 108.2 mph, with gearchanges from its 5-speed automatic so crisp it feels like it's been fitted with a speed-shop shift kit"

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/dodge-charger/dodge-charger-history.shtml

And for the 67 Charger Hemi for example: Performance 426 Hemi V8 425: 0-60 in 6.4 sec, 1/4 mile in 14.16 sec @ 96.15mph.
And for a 70 Hemi Charger Performance for 426 Hemi,  0-60 in 5.5 sec, 1/4 mile in 13.9 sec @ 105mph.

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

myk

Quote from: 69chargerboy on September 20, 2006, 10:12:22 AM
The "Charger" SRT8 looks bad ass, but we all know it is NOT A CHARGER! I would buy one if they took off the "Charger" name.  Just call it an SRT8. I'd prefer a 2 door, but what "muscle car" today will generate this much interest 30+ years from now? Probably nothing. The new GTO is junk, the Mustang is ok, maybe the new Challenger and Camaro will start a new generation of muscle car. Who knows?  Who knew back then you could buy a 70 Hemi Cuda or 69 Daytona for $4500 and keep it; now worth 200k + I'm no expert, but I cannot see the same happening to the present day cars.

Did you know that an "elite" group of 66 through 67 Charger fans think that THEY have the only REAL Chargers?  That's right, there are people out there even in the classic Charger ranks who feel that other generations of Chargers don't count as REAL Chargers.
Where does the purist, egocentrical nonsense end?  And who knows is right-back when classic Chargers roamed the streets NO ONE thought they would be considered valuable in the forseeable future.  WHO KNOWS how the future will choose to covet these newer muscle car reincarnations.  I'm not entirely happy with what the Charger nameplate has been slapped on, but if you take the SRT-8 Charger and put it up against, say a '68 R/T, you'll see that they're both big, bold, beautiful cars with brutal performance capabilities-looks like a family relation to me.

Oh, and as for the GTO being "junk," how do you quantify a statement like that?  That car is a friggin' rocket that could run circles around any classic musclecar; that car rules the streets as of now, and can actually TURN and stop on them, too.  Looking at 1/4 mile statistics is only PART of the success of any performance automobile.  Any idiot can make a car blast down the straight-away, but how does it handle?  There's more to high performance than just going in a straight line really really fast.

New muscle is here and although it may not be better looking, overall it's better than yesterday's...

greenpigs

QuoteAny idiot can make a car blast down the straight-away, but how does it handle?  There's more to high performance than just going in a straight line really really fast.

Looks are important as well and was the new GTOs downfall in my opinion.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

6670charger

Although the late model GTO wasn't especially popular in looks, the main reason it's going away is the same as that of the 80's Monte Carlo and its bretheren, the Chrysler M-body cars, and the big rear-drive GM cars of the early 90's:  the vehicle platform is being discontinued.  This platform is being redesigned, and a new GTO will likely re-appear in a year or two --  probably as a sedan also.

I am a huge fan of two-door cars.  That's all I owned from the time I graduated college till about two years ago (16 years).  Two door cars are going away, being replaced by sedans and hatchbacks.  The reason is demand driven.  We can complain about the new Charger until we're blue in the face.  Until the market changes in regard to two-doors, the Charger will remain a sedan.  The success of the new Challenger (or lack of) may eventually influence whether a two-door Charger is ever built.

I've driven the new Charger, and it's a kick to drive; more so than anything else in its price range and design is.  I can't say I'm thrilled with the name "Charger"  being on the car.  I can say that it's the best sedan to come off of a Dodge assembly line in two decades.  I can say that right now, until another company brings something better to the market in its price range and vehicle class, it's the only car other than the Chrysler 300 that I'd care to drive.   When a Hemi Charger R/T with decent options sells for the same price as a similarly equipped 300 Limited V-6, it's a no-brainer.

Just my opinion.  You know what they say about opinions.......................
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

topduarte

Quote from: myk on September 20, 2006, 01:25:03 PM
Quote from: 69chargerboy on September 20, 2006, 10:12:22 AM

Did you know that an "elite" group of 66 through 67 Charger fans think that THEY have the only REAL Chargers?  That's right, there are people out there even in the classic Charger ranks who feel that other generations of Chargers don't count as REAL Chargers.
Where does the purist, egocentrical nonsense end?  And who knows is right-back when classic Chargers roamed the streets NO ONE thought they would be considered valuable in the forseeable future.  WHO KNOWS how the future will choose to covet these newer muscle car reincarnations.  I'm not entirely happy with what the Charger nameplate has been slapped on, but if you take the SRT-8 Charger and put it up against, say a '68 R/T, you'll see that they're both big, bold, beautiful cars with brutal performance capabilities-looks like a family relation to me.

Oh, and as for the GTO being "junk," how do you quantify a statement like that?  That car is a friggin' rocket that could run circles around any classic musclecar; that car rules the streets as of now, and can actually TURN and stop on them, too.  Looking at 1/4 mile statistics is only PART of the success of any performance automobile.  Any idiot can make a car blast down the straight-away, but how does it handle?  There's more to high performance than just going in a straight line really really fast.

New muscle is here and although it may not be better looking, overall it's better than yesterday's...

Who are the these 1st gen charger elitists you talk about???

The GTO is a fast car but is is fugly and looks like a cavalier. 

Just my $.02!!