News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68....White or Pearl White....which is correct?

Started by DC_1, September 18, 2006, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I got my new interior from Legendary......Pearl White was what was listed in the catalog......but it doesn't seem to match my original interior which looks more of a pure white.......what is correct for 68?

Also, any of you Canadians know where I can get some dye or paint to correctly redo my upper door pads?....I didn't want to have to order it from the U.S. but if there is no place local (in Canada) I guess I will have to.

8WHEELER

Yes Pearl White is correct for 68, it only came in Pearl White same as 67.

But for some reason you can't get the headliner in Pearl White  :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

DC_1

Thanks 8.......any recommends on the paint for the upper dash pad?

DC_1

Oh....and the head rest.....I don't think I got any covers for the headrest.....how did you get yours redone?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 19, 2006, 07:55:22 AM
Thanks 8.......any recommends on the paint for the upper dash pad?

I know, silly question, but,,, you aren't looking to dye the upper dash pad pearl are you?........ The dash area is black......

How did you like the panels you received? I'm going to be ordering some pearl white interior for my '68 Hemi Charger soon..........

Let me see if I can find any portion of my original headliner, but I don't remember it having a pearl luster to it, just white......... The vinyl top cars on the other hand did have a pearl luster to it.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on September 19, 2006, 05:11:44 AM

Dan

Dan, did you dye the hinge covers on the seat? I vaguely remembering mine didn't have a pearl look to them, only the vinyl material throughout the interior......  Luckily, my '68 didn't have the headrest option.......... One less thing I need to worry about........... But, where did you get yours done? Dana, my '69, needs to have her tan headrests freshened up.....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

DC_1

ooopps!.....meant to say upper door pad....not dash pad........althought.......a white dash pad sure would be different!

gtx6970

pearl is vinyl trim only, aka seats, door panels and upper door pads, not the headliner or seat hinger covers.
Yes carpet and dash pad would be black depending on interior trim code, some were green , red or blue

DC_1

What paint or dye is used for the upper door pad and head rest on a white 68 interior?

8WHEELER

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 19, 2006, 10:31:01 AM

Dan

Dan, did you dye the hinge covers on the seat? I vaguely remembering mine didn't have a pearl look to them, only the vinyl material throughout the interior......  Luckily, my '68 didn't have the headrest option.......... One less thing I need to worry about........... But, where did you get yours done? Dana, my '69, needs to have her tan headrests freshened up.....

Troy

Yes I had my original white hinge covers, with the correct texture, painted a Pearl White, even though they really were
not pearl as far as I could tell.

I had the same professional dye the head rest to match the seats, it really looks stunning.

I had another shop find some NOS matereal to redo my upper door panels, yes the lines are not as crisp in the foam
backing as they were originally, but boy they look fantastic. Just try and find a set of Pearl White upper panels that
are not split real bad, if you do big bucks, I have not found any in 5yrs.

The rest of my trim is Blue.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on September 19, 2006, 06:45:16 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on September 19, 2006, 10:31:01 AM

Dan

Troy

... Just try and find a set of Pearl White upper panels that
are not split real bad, if you do big bucks, I have not found any in 5yrs.

Dan
Tell me about it.. I have an NOS driver's side front door bolster, but that means nothing if you can't find a nice passenger side. I'm still working on it. Bought a black left and right upper front set of bolsters off ebay a few days ago.. So, I'll dye those pearl white along with my other good rears to have a match set...... I'll wait till I get the door panels to make sure I have something to match exactly......  The blue with white must look great inside......

Troy
Troy