News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My metal band...Sevendeadly

Started by TylerCharger69, September 17, 2006, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

If anyone is interested....we have another track on our myspace.    http://www.myspace.com/sevendeadly7band      Show dates in the Texas and surrounding areas to be announced soon :yesnod:

Johnny SixPack

Sweet! :METAL:

I'll have to check ya'll out.  :icon_smile_cool:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

71bee

Sweet!

I've been playing in Metal bands since '84. nowadays, I've turned to a more "underground" style. I like my guitar tuned down to a C sharp.
I'll have to check out your band. tell me, is it easy to get your stuff put on to myspace? or is it kind of a pain in the arse?

I don't hang out on to many websites.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 71bee on September 17, 2006, 09:52:47 PM
Sweet!

I've been playing in Metal bands since '84. nowadays, I've turned to a more "underground" style. I like my guitar tuned down to a C sharp.
I'll have to check out your band. tell me, is it easy to get your stuff put on to myspace? or is it kind of a pain in the arse?

I don't hang out on to many websites.

Drop B for me lately.  :yesnod:

I blame High On Fire. :METAL:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TylerCharger69

Ahhh...I see you recognized the C sharp tuning!!!   The only way to go I think.   I think when you tune to B   (Unless you have a seven string guitar)  There's a bit of loss of control as far as strobing....Need some really fat strings.   Hell....does anybody tune to 440 anymore these days for that matter?  I'd probably have more experience in the guitar department if I was the guitar player....I mean...I can play rythym guitar,   but I'd just rather belt out Vox   and be behind the drum kit myself....lol     Thank You everybody for listening and checking it out.      OH!!!    And  no....it isn't hard at all to start a myspace account or upload your material either

JimShine

Cool man! It has a Metal Church vibe.

I keep a dropped tuned guitar around, but I tend to play tuned to 440 more often than not.

Ponch ®

sounds cool dude...but have you considered doing something about the name? It sounds kinda...generic and trendy - too many bands with "seven" or "dead" names -  Sevendust, Avenged Sevenfold, Seven Mary Three (not a 'metal' band, but you get the point) Dead-this, Dead-that.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TylerCharger69

Well...we kinda thought the opposite...everybody  is getting signed with the prefix  of "Seven".....so  we went with it....besides...the name has a history with us  as far as other projects and things are concerned.

mikepmcs

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 17, 2006, 11:55:56 AM
If anyone is interested....we have another track on our myspace.    http://www.myspace.com/sevendeadly7band      Show dates in the Texas and surrounding areas to be announced soon :yesnod:

Mr T.
Shoot, that was in my myspace friends request today and I deleted it.  Had no idea it was you.  Send me another request and i'd be happy to approve and give you a free ad in the comments.  How did you get my myspace url anyways, but cool though. 
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

andy74

sounds good man, i like older metal usually any way,and i agree you guys have a metal church,dio type vibe,very cool

TylerCharger69

Hey  thanks all.....I like getting feedback.....good or bad...I'm glad everyone's leaning toward good though....lol    Mikepmcs....I'll send another request to ya...lol.....no problem dude!!!    There's a lot more material actually.   We used to be called Last Legacy, but the singer/guitar player we had was having punctuality issuesto rehearsals and recording sessions... he always lied his butt off,  not to mention his health was deteriorating because he didnt take care of himself, so we had to fire him.   We let him keep about three full cd's worth of material   that dated back as far as 1994 up to fairly recent because we didn't want to fight over copyright issues, etc. etc.  and we decided that going our own way was the best thing to do.   We got tired of being called "the band that sounds like Slayer" everywhere we went.   Not that that's a bad thing...but we wanted to take a different direction and he was holding us back from doing so.   In all honesty though.....it isn't difficult to sound like Slayer anyway.....lol     Thanks again all....and keep the feedback coming!!!     Ace       :METAL:

chrisII

sounds pretty good..the production on the newer song isnt the best, the older one sounds better. I still tune 440, but on anything like that i would be playin my 5 string so i wouldnt nead to drop. im more into listning to classic rock, but all the bands ive ever played in were more metal. sounds bad azz for a 3 piece no doubt!

71bee

Cool!

Checked both tunes out last night and I was impressed. after hearing the low sounding guitar, I kinda excpected to hear another "cookie monster" styled vocal behind it. to my surprise (and delight) your voice actually had range and sounded killer with the music. the production on my end wasn't that good, but that's probably just from internet distortion.

GOOD JOB GUYS!!! if your ever in the SLC vicinity, give me a holler! theres alot of good metal bands around here also. I am currently playing in a band called MEAT WAGON.

PEACE!

TylerCharger69

LOL...Yeah...I'm not too much into the "cookie monster"  thing either.    As far as the production goes....keep in mind....these are only demo versions, and not the cd versions  (being released hopefully in November)  These on Myspace have very little time involved in mixing and EQing....Just a little bit of an idea of who we are actually.  We just laid down the tracks,  did a bit of EQing...and spanked them out the door....lol    I guess it's the benefits of owning our own studio.   The full versions are taking a lot more time, and the mastering process will probably start in the middle of October.   And....shhhhhhhh.......this is actually the first time I've actually taken over lead vocal duties...so don't tell anyone... ;)

chrisII

I agree on the vocals..i HATE cookie monster bands! a BIG reason i dont like new metal and most droped key stuff. your vocals rock , i just hope you can talk the day after a show. good luck, i added you on myspace

TylerCharger69

Thanks Chris II     Yes....I can talk okay after shows.....lol   It's actually a comfortable vocal range.

TylerCharger69

By the way I,  (and the rest of the guys)  really appreciate y'all taking the time to check us out.  If we play somewhere near you,  You definately  will NOT be paying to get in.  Yeah...we like to be paid, but  the support for me, is payment enough.   Thanks again, guys....you rule!!!

mikepmcs

When you playing in Maine.  I'm there!!! :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TylerCharger69

LOL..unfortunately...not anytime soon...unless some of our buds in New York  have us back for some sort of function....ya never know though......Oh...I put in another myspace request too.....

mikepmcs

MINT!!!!
:METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
A little bit of Metallicadeath to me.
My kind of jam!!  I love it!
Have you ever heard of Helloween?  I need a remake cause you have the voice to do it.  "Futureworld" , "A little time". and your ballad would be " The keeper of the seven keys"
Think about it cause most haven't heard of them.  You could resurrect :punkrocka: :punkrocka:  Michael Kiske is the man.  Next to you of course :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike

TylerCharger69

LOL...actually...I was in a band in the late 80's  and we did a few shows with Helloween, Mercyful Fate, Testament, and Metal Church  back when the song  "I want out"  was taking off onto the charts.  We did some shows with Exodus too back then......Damn....Helloween...that brings back some memories from   "back in the day".    I'm really pleased that you and so far  everyone else enjoys what we're doing.   That's what makes it worthwhile  and makes us work even harder  :musik010: :METAL: :punkrocka: :rock:

mikepmcs

No effin way you did shows with Helloween.  I'm floored on this one. I used to listen to them before the Washington Capitols hockey games back in 84 -86.  Made it easy to kick some philly flyer/pitt penguin ass :2thumbs: :METAL: :punkrocka:
You have to do a cover...COME ON MAN!!! send it to my email.... LOL

TylerCharger69

I tell you what!!!   I will go through some Helloween archives,  and just for you....we'll do a remake.   I'll make you that promise!!!  Right now, as far as remakes are concerned,  we are doing one right now.   When someone asks....what is the most memorable guitar riff when metal was born do you remember.  Well....Black Sabbath of course is the most popular,   Deep purple  is another,  Led Zeppelin  (which i really never got into)  and so on and so on.  Well....in the rolodex in my brain,  one of the most memorable that has stuck in my head from back then was the guitar riff from the band Trapeze...song...Medusa.   So...we are right now  getting the vocal tracks laid down and should be finished really soon.  Of course...it's a lot heavier, and the acoustical parts are....well...not acoustical anymore...lol   This one should be interesting on the feedback we get. 

71bee

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 19, 2006, 09:56:13 PM
I tell you what!!!   I will go through some Helloween archives,  and just for you....we'll do a remake.   I'll make you that promise!!!  Right now, as far as remakes are concerned,  we are doing one right now.   When someone asks....what is the most memorable guitar riff when metal was born do you remember.  Well....Black Sabbath of course is the most popular,   Deep purple  is another,  Led Zeppelin  (which i really never got into)  and so on and so on.  Well....in the rolodex in my brain,  one of the most memorable that has stuck in my head from back then was the guitar riff from the band Trapeze...song...Medusa.   So...we are right now  getting the vocal tracks laid down and should be finished really soon.  Of course...it's a lot heavier, and the acoustical parts are....well...not acoustical anymore...lol   This one should be interesting on the feedback we get. 
man, we come from the same universe!

I still occasionally listen to all of these old school bands from way back! I don't mind a growler type of vocalist, but It's gotta be tastefully done. like Dave Mustaine or Phil Enselmo. where the singing has some sort of range. nowadays, there are to many death styled singers in metal. some of my old favs. include:

Coroner
Megadeth
(old) Metallica
Slayer
Exodus
Anthrax
Testament
Pantera
Sepultura
Prong, blah, blah......Harsh, but at the same time, more tame than your typical Cannibal Corpse or Deicide kind of (Death) metal, which is where I see most "new" metal headed.

I didn't get into Helloween, Savatage, Overkill or too many of the more melodic over bearing vocal bands (except for Iron Maiden) too much, but they were okay. obviously, I think it's safe to say that no one here really got into the "hair bands?" It was my first experience with Metallica back in '83 that changed my world around.

mikepmcs

Ok , I'll take any Sabbath, cause that is he root of hard core.....Ozzy is my god
But I'd still like to hear some Helloween cause you have the voice to pull it off.  Trust me on this one!!!     Give me some Kriske :icon_smile_evil:   But in your own tone of course.  I thought I was the only one who could sing Michael to a tee.  Ok, in my own mind....
v/r
Mike