News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl roof cleaner

Started by BigBlockSam, September 13, 2006, 05:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hi guys . my vinyl roof looks like hell since it came back from the bodyshop. what do you guys use to clean and shine up the roof Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bordin34

Try Spray-nine. I have used it one vinyl boat and golf cart seats, it will take ALMOST any stain or dirty spot out.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Shakey

Vinylex by Lexol - Pep Boys has it.

resq302

Meguiars heavy duty vinyl cleaner #39.  It works wonders on my white vinyl top.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ck1

I used Orange hand cleaner that you wash you hands with after working in the garage, THE STUFF WITHOUT THE GRIT, come in a orange and blue bottle at the parts store, works great, but you will need to condition the top after your done using it for its base is citrus acid from orange peels and it will dry out the vinyl if you use it to much or leave it on to long, I used it once after i bought my car back in 1999 cause the guy who sold it to me parked the car under a cherry tree for a day and got cherry stains on top, the orange clean took it right off and my car had a white top.............
CJK

BigBlockSam

i thnk thats a good idea, use the orange hand cleaner with a little brush to clean it. then use Vinylex to reastore it. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

defiance

I used a razorknife and some sandpaper  ;D

Ghoste

If you use Spray 9, be sure to use it with lots of water and rinse well.  It will take almost any stain out of vinyl but it can leave some nasty spots of it's own on your paint.

BigBlockSam

QuoteI used a razorknife and some sandpaper   

i don't what to shred the roof i just what to clean it.   ;D

Todd Wilson

Foaming bath cleaner! The Bubble guys you see on tv!

Todd

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on September 13, 2006, 09:33:22 PM
Meguiars heavy duty vinyl cleaner #39.  It works wonders on my white vinyl top.

I'm with Brian on this one. I got caught with my car in a heavy rainstorm at Carlisle one year. I ducked into a gas station (I needed gas, anyway), at the pumps under the large overhang. Bad move.
The wind was so terrible it blew this black, oily gunk & goo from the gas pumps all over my car, & my PRISTINE white top. The top was now black. I was so mad, I dropped the car off back at the hotel, went back to the fairgrounds to the Meguiars tent, & per their recommendation I bought a bottle.
Been using the stuff ever since, it works great. You need a small scrub brush to get in all the grooves of the top, & it does make somewhat of a mess. You really don't want to get ANY cleaners like these on your paint, so work carefully.
Hope this helps.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

41husk

I will try the Maguires but I use lemon pledge on my tops.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

i'm gonna go to pep boys today and see with one of these they got. i like  Maguires products, so i'll look for that one first. Rene

resq302

After using the #39 Heavy Duty Cleaner I usually follow up at every show with the #40 Cleaner and Conditioner.  It keeps the vinyl soft and pliable and adds some UV protection to it. :icon_smile_cool:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto