News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engle cams.... and a Rant

Started by Rolling_Thunder, September 26, 2006, 12:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

question for you guys....       how is Engle's customer service ?    I have sent them three E-mails about a cam  (which i need somewhat soon) and i get no response....       other than that i called and was put on hold...    I hung up after 15 minutes of waiting....          I am really not impressed by these guys...     

TTI headers....       headers were ordered two weeks ago and still not at the shop...       keep in mind these are the same guys who want me to get a car worked on for the Fall Fling so they can show off their new product in an actual car...                   got the run around from them when i called.....

Summit Racing:  all im gonna say is i dont think a gasket set should be folded in half to be shipped....     

Anyway...      so my question is...      can Engle mix and match lobe designs ?    i am looking at the K-56 and K-60 lobes...     but want them for intake and exhaust...    and ground on a specific LSA...          can they do that ?

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

I had my cam made at Engle.  I spoke at length a few times with Chris over there.   No issues with waiting etc.   Maybe they are away or understaffed right now?

Engle can build you any combo you want.   Excellent product.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

I had no problem getting my custom K56/K58 ground on a 110CL.

I have called numerous times and never been put on hold so either they were understaffed when you called or someone simply missed picking up the call. Very helpful guys IMO.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 26, 2006, 07:10:37 AM
I had my cam made at Engle.  I spoke at length a few times with Chris over there.   No issues with waiting etc.   Maybe they are away or understaffed right now?

Engle can build you any combo you want.   Excellent product.

Same here! had Chris make my K58, no problems here that I can recall. Excellent product and service so far.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

deputycrawford

I had a custom made solid at Engle. I had a KV-2 intake lobe ground with a KV-3 exhaust lobe on a 108 LSA. I talked with them on the phone and had the cam to my engine shop in about two weeks. I personally like their products and service. I hope you call them and tell them of your mishap. They might be inclined to listen.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Rolling_Thunder

yeah -  got an e-mail from Engle today - he appologized for not returning it sooner...     told me he can most definately make what i want so that should not be an issue - he also stated it was a very strange request....       

TTI called and appologized for the long wait...    apparently there was a mix up at the ceramic coaters...     headers will be hand delivered tomarrow....     

anyway...     just all aorund fun stuff.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chryco Psycho

Never had a problem with Engle , I have talked with Chris & Mark Engle often , they have always treated me very well even with warranty problems
did you mention you are from this site , we send a lot of business their way !!
I have also talked with Sam at TTi no issues there either , I do deal through a canadian dealer though not direct for orders