News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hlpag

Started by JMF, September 13, 2006, 03:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

I'm aware of their bad reputation but could someone please explain to me why they have this reputation? I've only seen threads where people say "Don't go near Hlpag" etc, so what do they do? Are they scammers? Sell rust buckets? I've seen a lot of their cars on Ebay so has anyone ever been to their workshop? Are the cars not as described? And most importantly why haven't these crooks been shut down?

Blown70

Well the cars are not often as discribed.  They often are missing frame rails and significant parts.  ONE SHOULD VERY CLOSELY INSPECT ANY PURCHASE YOU MAKE WITH THEM.

Too many people beilieve what they read in an ebay description and bid without know what they are buying.

Many Many rust buckets.  I do not believe they out and out SCAM anyone.  Just a good vasoline JOB.....

Tom

JMF

Their adverts are just ridiculous, they always make me laugh

"This bad boy came screaming out the factory with a killer black paint job yyeeeeeeehhaaaaaw"

We should organise a little meet and go round there workshop for a little "Chat"

Chris G.

Quote from: Blown70 on September 13, 2006, 03:51:56 PM
ONE SHOULD VERY CLOSELY INSPECT ANY PURCHASE YOU MAKE WITH THEM.

Tom

I agree 100%. A buyer should take some responsibility when purchasing a car. I hate when someone buys a car sight unseen and then is angry about it's condition. I mean who's fault is that?

Don't get me wrong, I think they are scum, but if Hellpag is as bad as described, wouldn't they be long gone by now? They must have some happy customers?  ;)

JMF

Yeah that's what I thought, surely anyone who buys from them should go and look at the car first

bull

At the height of our conflict with hlpag.com we had frequent run-ins with the fools that worked there at the time (Patrick). Our moderator saved one of the threads that went south in the Cars for Sale section but I don't see it in his signature anymore. It's a pretty good read.

Also, from time to time we get people coming here with cries for help on the cars they bought at hlpag.com. One such example is the obvious one from AirborneSilva. Start here: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html . There was a woman a while back who came to us because she bought a car for her husband as a surprise and got way more of a surprise than she ever wanted once it arrived. There are other stories but they aren't coming in as frequently as they used to. Maybe they are getting better but I have my doubts.

Basically they are a hack shop. They find Chargers on the brink of collapse, spray-bomb them orange and install cheap General Lee decal kits, shoot a bunch of deceptive pictures that cleverly hide the problems, BS their way through the descriptions using lots of UPPER CASE LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, deliver the cars under cover of darkness and then race off into the night before the buyer has time to adequately inspect the vehicle, and then finally they stonewall anyone who complains about paying $8,999 for a car that needs $20k worth of body work.

And yes, the buyers who bought from them will readily admit that they should have checked the business out thoroughly first, seen the car in person or had someone look at it, etc., so there is a lot of the "buyer beware" responsibility that these people forgot about once they laid eyes on the car of their "dreams" and pulled the purchase trigger too quickly. Still, it may be dumb for these people to be so trusting but being dumb is not as bad as being diabolical and deceptive when it comes to Luedtke's undying mission to screw people over.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

General 713

i looked at a car that was on ebay and asked them for more pics.  There was no engine or tranny(they stated that), But there also was no trunk, Rusted through frame rails and floor, no interior to speak of, and missing some glass.  price was 4000 buy it now.  i belive they still have it.

1fine69

Quote from: Chris G. on September 13, 2006, 03:58:50 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on September 13, 2006, 03:51:56 PM
ONE SHOULD VERY CLOSELY INSPECT ANY PURCHASE YOU MAKE WITH THEM.

Tom

I agree 100%. A buyer should take some responsibility when purchasing a car. I hate when someone buys a car sight unseen and then is angry about it's condition. I mean who's fault is that?

Don't get me wrong, I think they are scum, but if Hellpag is as bad as described, wouldn't they be long gone by now? They must have some happy customers?  ;)

very true. there MUST be some people that are happy with them. i have sold them a couple of cars that i knew where good stuff and one i did get to see again before it went to the "customer" and they did a really nice job on it. BUT i use the same method with every car i buy. if i am buying a project car i try to get as many pics as i can of it. obviously i know it's gonna need work! and the same with one that runs and drives i try to get as many pics as i can if i don't like something and we can't work it out in the deal then i will take a pass on it they didn't only make one charger! but i think for the most part their prices are reasonable for the stuff they have.
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

alenglish

>You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.  If it doesn't move
>and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct
tape.
>

JMF

All the negative press obviously doesn't bother them, if it was me I would come on here and explain myself but they are quite happy to sit back and take the criticism

The Usual Suspects, the one on the far right looks especially dodgy

p.s who or what is Luedtke?

6670charger

It's good to get the warnings, however, as is the case with any used car, it's buyer beware.  If you're (figuratively speaking) going to buy an older car, especially ones like ours, you can't just buy something without laying eyes on it, or at least having someone who knows what they're doing look at it for you.  If you do this, and don't like what you see, WALK AWAY!  If you don't, you only have yourself to blame if you get hosed.

Granted, nobody likes to get taken, or see someone else get taken.  We happen to have a free enterprize system in this country.  That means that not everyone out there is honest.   Responsibility lies largely on the buyer in these cases.  You have to do your homework.  It's threads like this one that at least give a potential buyer some sort of heads-up and a little situational awareness. 
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Troy

Quote from: JMF on September 14, 2006, 03:48:35 PM
All the negative press obviously doesn't bother them, if it was me I would come on here and explain myself but they are quite happy to sit back and take the criticism

They can't come on here and explain themselves because they are banned indefinitely. Believe me, they don't take criticism well at all.
For instance check out this thread for posts by "PSTLGRP":
http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=9191&highlight=hlpag

Hans Luedtke is the owner.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1fine69

i have asked them about this and i thought was a rather "professional" thing to respond " there will always be someone who doesn't like one thing you do and it can escelate into something unprofesional and nothing gets resolved " not only have i seen it with their (pat's) "old" rivalry with troy but on other threads as well that have started about on etopic and then it starts to get into a he did this and he did that game and it kills the fun of being on here where we come to help each other out. this is all my opinion.  :yesnod:
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

JMF

Troy cheers for the link, seems like a lot of people know of these crooks, I may have to warn some of my Mustang guys as I see the Luedtke boys are in the Mustang game as well

Troy

Let me just add something here. I don't mind someone forming their own opinions of these guys (I encourage always thinking for yourself any way) but I'd like to explain my point of view. The one thread that most people remember from the old site is just one of seventeen that I have saved where the participants were abusive, vulgar, racist, and downright rude. I also have approximately the same number from various other message boards - most don't involve me at all. I have several hundred private messages sent to me and others containing threats, insults, and plain old bad taste. HLPAG and their employees have not only been banned from here but also from Moparts, Cuda-Challenger, MustangForums, and all of the General Lee fan boards that I know of. The thing that really amazes me is their absolute lack of class. They purposely misrepresent cars, actually make fun of their own customers, and show no remorse at all after ruining someone's dreams. I guess you just have to personally experience a company that claims they are supporting the hobby while robbing the hobbyists blind. But don't take my word for it. One of their employees left to find a better place and is currently a member here. You can get the scoop first hand. Sure there's that whole "buyer beware" outlook but what ever happened to ethics, honor, and customer satisfaction?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JMF

Yeah I agree, I wonder what made them like how they are, surely they would make more money in the long run if they were honest with people, that Airbornesilva story is horrific and I only hope he gets something back from them

kripledbybuick

I "WAS" going to purchase from them but I have seen the light. I am so glad for your site, recomended to me by travis in the DOH circles. I don't think I'll even bother to call these guys back, I wonder if they will bother to call me now that they want $35k?  :flame:

Charger1973

Quote from: buying-from-hlpag? on January 09, 2007, 02:10:05 AM
I "WAS" going to purchase from them but I have seen the light. I am so glad for your site, recomended to me by travis in the DOH circles. I don't think I'll even bother to call these guys back, I wonder if they will bother to call me now that they want $35k?  :flame:

Send them $35k in monopoly money.  Its about as real as the "dream car" they would have sent you.  Seems fitting to me  ;)

JMF

If I was you Email them explaining exactly what's happened, tell them you've heard about their reputation so you're not going to buy their car, it may teach them a lesson

Shakey

Quote from: JMF on January 09, 2007, 05:04:43 AM
...it may teach them a lesson

Not bloody likely!   ::)

Chargen69

Send them $35k in monopoly money.  Its about as real as the "dream car" they would have sent you.  Seems fitting to me  ;)

Thats pretty funny!!!

Bluestar

Quote from: 1fine69 on September 14, 2006, 04:56:34 PM

i have asked them about this and i thought was a rather "professional" thing to respond " there will always be someone who doesn't like one thing you do and it can escelate into something unprofesional and nothing gets resolved " not only have i seen it with their (pat's) "old" rivalry with troy but on other threads as well that have started about on etopic and then it starts to get into a he did this and he did that game and it kills the fun of being on here where we come to help each other out. this is all my opinion.  :yesnod:

Never noticed it before in the smaller pics, but do you suppose the ramp truck is there to pick up the car ??? :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bluestar on January 09, 2007, 09:30:31 AM
Never noticed it before in the smaller pics, but do you suppose the ramp truck is there to pick up the car ??? :)

No, that truck is sitting at the stoplight waiting to drive on.   

That pictures was taken in downtown Chicago by the way.. :yesnod:   300 South State Street.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

4cruzin

Too bad we can't warn everyone.  I'm sure we'll hear more horror stories about these people sooner or later.  Sad situation.   :rotz:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .