News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let us not forget 9/11

Started by hemi68charger, September 11, 2006, 08:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Let us not forget that horrible day.......... 9/11..............

And to think, I'll be flying this evening.......................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shakey

I don't think anyone ever will.

Take a good look at your fellow passengers as you get on the plane and keep your eyes on them.   :D

Blown70

Quote from: Shakey on September 11, 2006, 08:48:53 AM

Take a good look at your fellow passengers as you get on the plane and keep your eyes on them.   :D

What is funny I do that now every time I step on a plane.  Actually that is not funny. :flame:

Here is to all the hero's and the familys of 9/11/01 this is the best one for this   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Ohh and all of our service men and women.  FREEDOM does have a price. :patriot:

Tom

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blown70 on September 11, 2006, 08:59:37 AM
[

Tom

Sure does...... All those car shows I've missed and will miss.........................   :icon_smile_angry:

Seriously, it's so very true...... Just found out my step-brother hasn't even left Iraq from his 3rd 1-year tour and just found out he's got to go back for his 4th !!!!!   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

CaptMarvel

Here is to all the hero's and the familys of 9/11/01 this is the best one for this   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Tom

Sorry, and I dont want to make this a political flame, but, sadly, I think we've already forgotten about alot of that day, thanks to the left leaning media who dosent want there to be a reason for us to be over there doing what we need to. Up until this week, does anyone remember the last time they saw footage of that day? I wonder if back in the 1800s when they said "remember the Alamo" if the newspapers of the day put their magical unrealisitc spin on that too? I for one will never forget who did this to us and whats more, I dont care in the slightest as to why they did. All I know is they are NEVER to be trusted again because they are subhuman sewer rats with absolutley no honor whatsoever....Backstabbing little &*$#@!!

Charger74

Quote from: CaptMarvel on September 11, 2006, 09:21:51 AM

Tom

Sorry, and I dont want to make this a political flame, but, sadly, I think we've already forgotten about alot of that day, thanks to the left leaning media who dosent want there to be a reason for us to be over there doing what we need to. Up until this week, does anyone remember the last time they saw footage of that day? I wonder if back in the 1800s when they said "remember the Alamo" if the newspapers of the day put their magical unrealisitc spin on that too? I for one will never forget who did this to us and whats more, I dont care in the slightest as to why they did. All I know is they are NEVER to be trusted again because they are subhuman sewer rats with absolutley no honor whatsoever....Backstabbing little &*$#@!!

I agree absolutely with you on that.   Too the falling and to the ones keeping us free.  I raise my glass in toast and rememberance.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: CaptMarvel on September 11, 2006, 09:21:51 AM
. All I know is they are NEVER to be trusted again because they are subhuman sewer rats with absolutley no honor whatsoever....Backstabbing little &*$#@!!
That's for sure. :icon_smile_angry:

I can't believe it's already been 5 years... :patriot:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

4402tuff4u

Those fanatics that attacked us and succeeded 5 years ago are not just against us Americans, but against civilization. The scary part is that we can't forget and we can't falter, if we do, we are doomed.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

chargerboy69

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on September 11, 2006, 02:30:52 PM
Those fanatics that attacked us and succeeded 5 years ago are not just against us Americans, but against civilization. The scary part is that we can't forget and we can't falter, if we do, we are doomed.

That is very true.

May God continue to bless the United States, and our Military. Thank you to all that are fighting, and to those that have fought for this great country. :patriot:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Shakey

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 11, 2006, 02:55:18 PM
Quote from: 4402tuff4u on September 11, 2006, 02:30:52 PM

That is very true.

May God continue to bless the United States, and our Military. Thank you to all that are fighting, and to those that have fought for this great country. :patriot:

What about the rest of the world man?  I think there are numerous countries that could use some of your God's blessings.    :D

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

bull

I'll never forget it (I can't, it's my 12th wedding anniversary today). :angel:

REDNECK

andy74

Quote from: bull on September 11, 2006, 03:24:47 PM
I'll never forget it (I can't, it's my 12th wedding anniversary today). :angel:
my 2nd was yesterday,god bless our troops

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 11, 2006, 08:43:33 AM

damn...I'd already forgotten about it. Maybe the media should do more to remind us.  ::)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodge freak

I forgot if we actually got the people who mastermind it or just killed a bunch of people afterwards and hope we did.

Brock Samson

and to think i spent a week in Hawaii and missed this stuff...  :P

2fast4u

Remember forever............. :patriot:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Charger_Croatia

Nobody should forget that, even far away we were shocked at that time. Last night we have story about flight UA93 on local TV. We can only imagine what those people went through.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

BLACKWOLF

will never forget
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

NYCMille

No need to remind me... I could have beaten Carl Lewis in a race that day I was moving so fast... hell, as it is I still only work 5 blocks away... for that I should probably have my head examined.

BigBlockSam

i was there yesterday . i will never forget. i was so sad all day but i didn't cry.  i lost  a couple of friends that day . then late last night i was sitting on my front porch smoking a cigar, i looked up and saw the twin towers memorial lights in the sky, i lost it. i guess it was cause i was all alone and i didn't have to be strong for anybody at that time. 5 yrs and it hasn't got any easier. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ponch ®

Quote from: NYCMille on September 12, 2006, 09:51:19 AM
No need to remind me... I could have beaten Carl Lewis in a race that day I was moving so fast... hell, as it is I still only work 5 blocks away... for that I should probably have my head examined.

The guy who sold me my new Charger was telling me that he moved out here because of 9-11. His wife worked a couple of blocks away and it scared the crap out of them, so they got out.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodge freak

I bet-thats one of those things you have to see for yourself first hand to know what it is like. Look bad on TV but we did not hear and smell it. Can not think of much that would be worst than be there on that day. :icon_smile_sad:

CaptMarvel

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on September 11, 2006, 05:34:30 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on September 11, 2006, 08:43:33 AM

damn...I'd already forgotten about it. Maybe the media should do more to remind us.  ::)

That was sarcasm right? The media doesn't want anyone thinking about that day or the pieces of excrement who did it to us cause that would do nothing but shed the light of truth on what their most hated adversary G.W, and our brave military is doing over there to try and stem the tide of this fanaticism before it can gain the momentum to hit us again. People genuinely need to wake up and see who the real bad guys are here. Hint, their not in Washington or Texas... :brickwall:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Hey Capt.
  Every single news outlet in the world just spent a minumum of three days reliving the horrific event and you write that...

"The media doesn't want anyone thinking about that day or the pieces of excrement who did it to us cause that would do nothing but shed the light of truth on what their most hated adversary G.W, and our brave military is doing over there to try and stem the tide of this fanaticism before it can gain the momentum to hit us again."

the "news hole" in mondays' paper was four pages...

that means only a total of 4 pages actually had any "news".

i got news for you Bunkie the folks who actually run the media love Bush, they helped elect him, they voted for him,...
better you stick to cars...

"Be 'fraid", be very very fraid...

dodge freak

9/11 was a very sad day and changed many if not everybody's lives. It still hard to believe 5 years later what happen in just a few hours. Thankfully airplanes now have lock cabin doors and the airports must be doing a better job screening passengers-sometimes too good but better safe than sorry I guess. Hopefully nothing close to 9/11 will ever happen again. It will be many many years until on 9/11 the top news story will not be what happen on 09/11/01 . Maybe not even in our lifetime. Not much any of us can do about that, you can complain that its old news and there is other more important stuff to talk about-I think so-but yeah the media won't let it go, not for a very long time. At least its over with for another year, hopefully this thread will be over soon too.

CaptMarvel

Quote from: dodge freak on September 13, 2006, 12:38:07 PM
Thankfully airplanes now have lock cabin doors and the airports must be doing a better job screening passengers-sometimes too good but better safe than sorry I guess.

That, and the plain clothed armed air marshalls ready to drop these soulless zealots if need be. If you ask me, WAY better safe that sorry. I know I appear to be pretty militant on the subject of terrorism, but for the life of me, I cannot even begin to understand why everyone isnt on the same page on this. Its not the 92 yr old Mormon grannies from Ogden who are doing this folks, I say profile the heck out of anyone who looks remotely mid eastern or otherwise suspicious.... :RantExplode:

Brock Samson

Shakey

Quote from: CaptMarvel on September 13, 2006, 03:36:18 PM
Quote from: dodge freak on September 13, 2006, 12:38:07 PM
Thankfully airplanes now have lock cabin doors and the airports must be doing a better job screening passengers-sometimes too good but better safe than sorry I guess.

That, and the plain clothed armed air marshalls ready to drop these soulless zealots if need be. If you ask me, WAY better safe that sorry. I know I appear to be pretty militant on the subject of terrorism, but for the life of me, I cannot even begin to understand why everyone isnt on the same page on this. Its not the 92 yr old Mormon grannies from Ogden who are doing this folks, I say profile the heck out of anyone who looks remotely mid eastern or otherwise suspicious.... :RantExplode:

And what about back in 1995 when Tim McVeigh blew a building up and killed 168 people.  Should the authorities start looking twice at every redneck with a crew cut?  Imagine how busy they'd be.

Brock Samson

Quote" I say profile the heck out of anyone who looks remotely mid eastern or otherwise suspicious.... :RantExplode:"

would that include Jews and people with big noses?...

derailed

Quote from: Shakey on September 13, 2006, 08:30:06 PM

And what about back in 1995 when Tim McVeigh blew a building up and killed 168 people.  Should the authorities start looking twice at every redneck with a crew cut?  Imagine how busy they'd be.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

TK73

Hey Brock and Shakey, you might want to tone it down and "toe the line" like good little patriots or your statements will get censored around here...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Charger_Fan

The world isn't under attack from a band of McVeigh's hell bent on dominating the world as they see fit. Sure there are still plenty of whacko's out there that blend in to the average public, but by & large, the overwhelming majority of the current whacko's attacking anybody & everybody on the planet just happen to look very Arabic...surely you agree?

I say profile the heck out of anyone who looks remotely mid eastern or otherwise suspicious.... :RantExplode:

I have no problem with that.
If the Middle Eastern types (who ARE actually decent people & would like to just live their lives in harmony) have a problem with that, why don't they try to do something about the Middle Eastern people who are causing all the problems we're currently dealing with? If enough of them would just stand up & say they've had-it-up-to-here with the way the handful of jerks from their mother land are portraying the rest of them, something might actually change for the better.
But no, it's easier to pout & say that "we're being victimized". You're damned right you are... :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

chargerboy69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 14, 2006, 12:44:48 PM

The world isn't under attack from a band of McVeigh's hell bent on dominating the world as they see fit. Sure there are still plenty of whacko's out there that blend in to the average public, but by & large, the overwhelming majority of the current whacko's attacking anybody & everybody on the planet just happen to look very Arabic...surely you agree?

I say profile the heck out of anyone who looks remotely mid eastern or otherwise suspicious.... :RantExplode:

If the Middle Eastern types (who ARE actually decent people & would like to just live their lives in harmony) have a problem with that, why don't they try to do something about the Middle Eastern people who are causing all the problems we're currently dealing with? If enough of them would just stand up & say they've had-it-up-to-here with the way the handful of jerks from their mother land are portraying the rest of them, something might actually change for the better.
But no, it's easier to pout & say that "we're being victimized". You're damned right you are... :rotz:

I could not agree more. Very well said. :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Shakey

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 14, 2006, 12:44:48 PM

QuoteThe world isn't under attack from a band of McVeigh's hell bent on dominating the world as they see fit. Sure there are still plenty of whacko's out there that blend in to the average public, but by & large, the overwhelming majority of the current whacko's attacking anybody & everybody on the planet just happen to look very Arabic...surely you agree?

I'll agree with what you said Grant, but I have to play devils advocate.   :icon_smile_evil:

You mention the current whackos are the Arabic looking fellows (and I agree) and you have no problem profiling them as potential threats and they should be checked over a bit more thoroughly at airports, bus terminals, train stations or even in a crowded public place - correct?  Notice I italicized the word current.

Who's next?   :shruggy:

What if another band of idiots choose to blow up a building, poison the water supply and release poison snakes on a plane and these idiots are middle aged white guys that ride motorcylces.  Should they be profiled also?   :yesnod:

And then another attack occurs, this time by another group or race of people.  Before you know it you will be passing through checkpoints just to get to work in the morning, just like in the Middle East.   :yesnod:

You can't profile because the terrorists will adapt, just like animals adapt and evolve to their environments.  They will realize that they cannot get anywhere near a plane, a bus terminal or any major public event because they know they will be scrutinized.  They will begin to adapt or they will begin to recruit others such as Asians, Blacks or good ol' white boys to do their dirty work - it will happen. 

Profiling does and will happen as we speak, you just have to go about it in a very subtle manner.  So to speak, if there are 10 people in line at the security gate at the airport and two of them are of Middle Eastern descent, sure pull them out of line and check them out thoroghly.  At the same time, make sure you pull a couple of others out so that the Middle Easterners can't cry foul.  If you don't you're infringing on their rights and before you know it your American Constitution will be changed.  And that my friend is how the terrorists will win this war.   :smash:

The old saying - one bad apple spoils the bunch.  You and I and millions of other folks must suffer because of these people.   :rotz:

QuoteI have no problem with that.

As far as the good folks ratting on the bad folks.  It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.  Same deal as the drug dealers taking over sections of neighbourhoods, you can speak up and rat them out, if you have a death wish.

It would be nice if it worked though!   :yesnod:

4402tuff4u

It does boggle my mind how the "decent" Muslims out there does not demonstrate and denounce these perverted Islamic extremist and perverted mental cases! Where are the outcries and the denouncing of these wacko's??. Where is the "true" Muslim that should protect their holy book the Koran from these lost souls, where are our "friends" the Saudi's denouncing the hijack of their religion and the birth place of their faith?.......................nowhere!! Where are the middle eastern governments and their action to stop the senseless killings of innocent Muslims by there own suicide wackos!! How are we suppose to know who is a foe or a friend? We don't see any sort of Muslim group/government bringing up anything to the table to stop this or interfere in the cultivation of these extremists!!!  

I know that there are many peace loving Muslims out there that are against these extremist, but how in the world can they remain silent when their brothers and sisters are being killed too?!!!!!  :ahum: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Shakey on September 14, 2006, 01:48:50 PM

I'll agree with what you said Grant, but I have to play devils advocate.   :icon_smile_evil:
Ok Mike, if you have to. :nana:

You mention the current whackos are the Arabic looking fellows (and I agree) and you have no problem profiling them as potential threats and they should be checked over a bit more thoroughly at airports, bus terminals, train stations or even in a crowded public place - correct?  Notice I italicized the word current.

Who's next?   :shruggy:

What if another band of idiots choose to blow up a building, poison the water supply and release poison snakes on a plane and these idiots are middle aged white guys that ride motorcylces.  Should they be profiled also?   :yesnod:

And then another attack occurs, this time by another group or race of people.  Before you know it you will be passing through checkpoints just to get to work in the morning, just like in the Middle East.   :yesnod:

You can't profile because the terrorists will adapt, just like animals adapt and evolve to their environments.  They will realize that they cannot get anywhere near a plane, a bus terminal or any major public event because they know they will be scrutinized.  They will begin to adapt or they will begin to recruit others such as Asians, Blacks or good ol' white boys to do their dirty work - it will happen. 

Profiling does and will happen as we speak, you just have to go about it in a very subtle manner.  So to speak, if there are 10 people in line at the security gate at the airport and two of them are of Middle Eastern descent, sure pull them out of line and check them out thoroghly.  At the same time, make sure you pull a couple of others out so that the Middle Easterners can't cry foul.  If you don't you're infringing on their rights and before you know it your American Constitution will be changed.  And that my friend is how the terrorists will win this war.   :smash:

I hear what you're saying, and I agree with the overall thought. Who's to say what the future terrorist/problem-causers will look like, but in the here & now, we know what the majority of them look like...and as a result of human nature, we tend to profile out of our own fears.
I agree, in the spirit of making peace with the world's population, it would be best to not group all Arab looking people in the same mental image, but these days it's sure hard to do.

The old saying - one bad apple spoils the bunch.  You and I and millions of other folks must suffer because of these people.   :rotz:
That's too true. :yesnod:

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on September 14, 2006, 01:56:57 PM

I know that there are many peace loving Muslims out there that are against these extremist, but how in the world can they remain silent when their brothers and sisters are being killed too?!!!!!  :ahum: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
I have no idea. To me, it defies logic...especially when they are often grouped in as equals to the extremists in the eyes of many of their peers. You'd think they'd get pissed & want to do something about it! :rotz:

Every time I see some Arab looking guy walking around in a turbin & robe, I personally don't automatically assume they're a terrorist, but I sure as hell do a triple-take. Hell, these days, you'd think they'd want to down play their dress & look more like a Mexican! :icon_smile_big:

dodge freak

Number 1-North Korea might actually have WMD and could nuke South Korea and maybe Japan if anybody was to attack them.

2-China is right next door and kind of likes North Korea and would not like to see North Korea fall so they could-maybe-help them out if N K was attack.

3-No oil in N K , well the only reason to "free" North Korea people of their communist government would be to spread freedom to those people-nothing else, like gobs of oil .

4-right now everything is peaceful so why rock the boat-if North Korea was to attack South Korea that would change everything but for right now they are leaving everybody alone.

Its hard to say things are better oversea's than 5 years ago, Yes Iraq has been "free" of an evil leader but so what, are the people who are still alive really have a better live ? And what about the ten's of thousand women and children who lost there lives and our 2,700 brave men and women that got killed also-surely their lives where ruin and for what ? The USA is maybe the most hated country on earth in the middle east. Hopefully maybe one day they see we were trying to help them but most of them sure don't see it that way now. And whats going to happen a few more years from now ? How long is the USA army going to have to play babysitter for them ? This-the Iraq war has turn in to a big mess and its not going to end soon. Well thats the way I see it-I hope I am wrong -time will time they always say.

Troy

Way to ruin a topic of remembrance guys. Next time start your own. Yes TK, this is what I was attempting to avoid and you knew it so stop whining.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.