News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 383 4bbl A/C Idler pully

Started by moparjohn, September 14, 2006, 02:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

I need to get an idler pully for my 383 ASAP. I need the whole pully W/bolt to attach it to the bracket. (have bracket) Napa only sells the pully W/o bolt and the factory bolt is sealed/welded permenatly attached HELP!! This 1 part is holding up the engine being finished! John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

RD

you got a pic of what you need?  I have a pulley that is on an a/c bracket on a later model 440 car and a i have two pulley's that mounted onto the water pump on the alternator bolts.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

John_Kunkel

If you're not worried about correctness, just about any automotive A/C supply will have an idler pulley with bolt.

The ones that I've used are from Murray, their P/N is 209818, fits Mopars from '55-'73.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

moparjohn

I found a pic on here but I don't know where.  The bracket is rectangular and has a hole that on not 100% round-1 side is flat. The pulley is smooth on the face side and it mount with a single nut on the back. 

moparjohn

OK spent all afternoon searching, found one at Stephens Performance-$129 complete assembly (used) BUT they won't overnight it.
(get out of the parts bussiness then). Then at 10 to 6pm My bro sent me a link to BPE reproductions. They make/deal in Mopar only pulleys for many applications. I talked to Randy who helped me very quickly- and yes it is being sent out overnight and sat. delivery. GREAT GUY to deal with. The site id www.BPEMopar.com , phone 1-843-744-6559. John

RD

Quote from: moparjohn on September 15, 2006, 09:01:36 AM
OK spent all afternoon searching, found one at Stephens Performance-$129 complete assembly (used) BUT they won't overnight it.
(get out of the parts bussiness then). Then at 10 to 6pm My bro sent me a link to BPE reproductions. They make/deal in Mopar only pulleys for many applications. I talked to Randy who helped me very quickly- and yes it is being sent out overnight and sat. delivery. GREAT GUY to deal with. The site id www.BPEMopar.com , phone 1-843-744-6559. John

great, bouchillon is a great little company.  I have purchased from them in the past.  You may want to give a "good guy" report on this in the general discussion forum for others to see.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

charge70

John,the Mopar part# is 2240397,this part is NS1.You can try Chets auto parts,last I knew he had some NOS ones left.His website is;chetsautoparts.com.Good luck,John