News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TRIPLE BLACK 69 R/T SE STRIPE DELETE,LEAVE THE VINYL OR LOSE THE VINYL ???

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, September 07, 2006, 10:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

I vote triple black...that's the way mine is being built and it wasn't even a 3x black car from the factory.  ;)

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69fuchs

I'd go with no vinyl with no r/t emblems, with a black R/T stripe.

The factory was pretty sloppy about the R/T placement on the stripe.....mine looks like the body line is in the middle of the "R".  This pic is from 1972, original paint and stripe!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69fuchs on November 16, 2007, 07:45:04 PM
I'd go with no vinyl with no r/t emblems, with a black R/T stripe.

The factory was pretty sloppy about the R/T placement on the stripe.....mine looks like the body line is in the middle of the "R".  This pic is from 1972, original paint and stripe!!!
Awesome original photo.  My you have grown. :smilielol:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

cudacharger

I think either way your charger will look awesome with or without the vinyl top.   :2thumbs:  Tough choice.

Brock Samson

and now for something complety different..

(how my charger originaly came from the factory)

V. tops look great on chargers I think, compared to most cars that dont have the narrower roofs like Chevells for example...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 18, 2007, 02:53:13 PM
and now for something complety different..

(how my charger originaly came from the factory)

V. tops look great on chargers I think, compared to most cars that dont have the narrower roofs like Chevells for example...
Wow, that is one good looking car Brock, how about a now picture for thoses of us that don't know your car, and why on earth you changed away from that great color combo?  (If you did)
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

it was a rust color and black lacqure (real rust) when i found her,.. first i repainted her Black lacqure again in '89 then after the front clip was munched in '99 i went with the dark blue on a whim i'd been nursing for several years,.. also on a whim i added a pint of red tint to the blue at the last moment.. here's a couple pics of her now...

(edit: also- the original Tan Top material i was unable to find at the time of it's repaint though I hear it's avail. Now.
Originally like so many other Charger fans I wanted a triple black R/T S.E. and it was so, from '84 thru '99).

one day when ya' got time read through the post a pic of your chargers thread up top, there's many awsome Chargers there, including my frankenstein's  monster..  :yesnod:

also the photoshop thread for a more whimsical trip through members imaginitave thoughts for their Cars...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21149.270.html

& a tenitive plan for future paint,..

1970 RT/SE

Got to leave the vinyl in my opinion.Whats next? I don't like the woodgrain either! I think it is way too rare of a car to change it. Although a tuff wheel knock off would look great in it.

Charger-Bodie

:whistling: Hey, I was kinda wondering what ever became of this deal??

I REALLY hope you decided to keep the vinyl top on the car?

Way better with the top than without!!  :coolgleamA:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RT/SE

Vinyl or no Vinyl.  That is the question - what is the answer.  Stayed tuned as the drama unfolds...........RT/SE   :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RT/SE on June 22, 2008, 07:40:37 PM
Vinyl or no Vinyl.  That is the question - what is the answer.  Stayed tuned as the drama unfolds...........RT/SE   :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Paul knows the answer ! now you just need to figure it out. :yesnod:  :coolgleamA:  :D  Come on man its a REAL 3x black Charger R/T  SE you cant mess with that recipe!!  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

RT/SE

Hey 1Hot68,

Pauls not talking - this is a top secret deal. He loves vinyl so he's totally biased anyway.  Rumor has it that he's putting a vinyl top on his new Hemi Ram truck. :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

69 OUR/TEA

RT/SE

Yes, the vinyl siding for my house has been ordered.  Thanks for asking.  :patriot:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RT/SE on August 03, 2008, 09:46:37 PM
Yes, the vinyl siding for my house has been ordered.  Thanks for asking.  :patriot:

This nonsense will not be tolerated Phil! you could atleast use real wood siding!!

And don't forget the Black vinyl top for you're Charger!!!!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69 OUR/TEA

Here is the answer to the thread topic  ::). I have'nt worked on it for a while,finishing up my house,I'm getting back on it now.The hood,fenders,doors,trunk lid,inside,eng compartment,inside trunk,are all done and in primer,the shell is about 75 % done of the bodywork,will be in primer soon, then its going on the rotiss for the underside.Will update the thread started on this car soon.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 14, 2009, 07:33:06 PM
Here is the answer to the thread topic  ::).

Sorry i asked..  but god speed with the final touches..  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."