News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The designer of the Charger Carl Cam Cameron passed away. .Updated.

Started by chargerboy69, September 05, 2006, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

No, I asked CAM about Bill Brownlie when I met CAM at that event with those three designers. I got the feeling Bill was in more of a management overview position than what CAM and the other guys were, who did the actual designing.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

John Herlihy (spelling) (I'm just pulling at straws now aren't I?)

chargerjy9

That is not John Herlitz, the man in question is Bill Brownlee. John was responsible for the 71 Ply B body.  Bill worked on the Charger. I have worked in Chrysler design Office since 1973, still am there.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

Big Lebowski

What a cool guy he was, he must be pulling up to the gates of Heaven in a '68-'70 Hemi Charger.  :angel:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

erin stilman

Hello,

My name is Erin Stilman.  I am the daughter of Carl Cameron, and I came across this website yesterday.  I happened to put my father's name in image search, and it came up with this website.  Yes, my father passed away September 5th, 2006.  He was 71 years old.  This June 15th would have been his 24th wedding anniversary to Suzanne.  He had 6 children by his first marriage to my mother, and 3 by his marriage to Suzanne.  We all miss him terribly.  I created an album of pictures and letters and cards that people sent to us.  I asked anyone that wanted to to write a story about an interaction with him.  Then I compiled them all into 2 albums, and gave them to Suzanne about 6 months ago.  She treasures it now, and future generations of his will hopefully treasure it also.  Not only was he treasured among car enthusiasts, he was treasured by his children and family.  He was a great dad and grandfather.  The comments that have been written on this website regarding his demeanor are a reminder to me of how others saw him, and they are comforting as well.  Even though I will be 50 in three months, I can't believe how hard it has been to not have him here to offer his fatherly advise and love.  It is the hardest thing I have ever been through.  We had a wonderful relationship, and spent a lot of time together with my family and he and Suzanne in AZ.  She is a wonderful "mom" and I told her about the discovery of this website last night as well.  I am not sure who is who, because the names are screen names, but I thank you all for your kind words.  Write back if you want, and if you have any stories to share, I would love to include them in the album I've compiled in his memory.  Thank you all sincerely,  Erin (Cameron) Stilman

RECHRGD

Quote from: erin stilman on May 10, 2008, 08:14:06 AM
Hello,

My name is Erin Stilman. I am the daughter of Carl Cameron, and I came across this website yesterday. I happened to put my father's name in image search, and it came up with this website. Yes, my father passed away September 5th, 2006. He was 71 years old. This June 15th would have been his 24th wedding anniversary to Suzanne. He had 6 children by his first marriage to my mother, and 3 by his marriage to Suzanne. We all miss him terribly. I created an album of pictures and letters and cards that people sent to us. I asked anyone that wanted to to write a story about an interaction with him. Then I compiled them all into 2 albums, and gave them to Suzanne about 6 months ago. She treasures it now, and future generations of his will hopefully treasure it also. Not only was he treasured among car enthusiasts, he was treasured by his children and family. He was a great dad and grandfather. The comments that have been written on this website regarding his demeanor are a reminder to me of how others saw him, and they are comforting as well. Even though I will be 50 in three months, I can't believe how hard it has been to not have him here to offer his fatherly advise and love. It is the hardest thing I have ever been through. We had a wonderful relationship, and spent a lot of time together with my family and he and Suzanne in AZ. She is a wonderful "mom" and I told her about the discovery of this website last night as well. I am not sure who is who, because the names are screen names, but I thank you all for your kind words. Write back if you want, and if you have any stories to share, I would love to include them in the album I've compiled in his memory. Thank you all sincerely, Erin (Cameron) Stilman

Thank you for sharing that Erin.  I also met your Dad at the 2003 Whidby Island meet.  He was a great guy.  I'm very sorry for your lose.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

chargerboy69

Erin,

I am sorry for your loss. Your father was a great man, and one of the nicest people to speak with.

At our last car show in Auburn Indiana, our local PBS station came up and did about a hour long interview with your father. I should have a copy of it floating around here someplace. I can try to get you a copy if you decide you would like one. Your father also gave a speach at our last car show in which I recorded. I believe that is about 15 or 20 minutes long.

I can understand how hard it is to lose your father. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Tim
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

Wow, how's that for a first post?  Just think Erin, this community of enthusuiasts probably wouldn't even exist if not for your fathers work.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Ghoste on May 10, 2008, 09:58:59 AM
Wow, how's that for a first post?  Just think Erin, this community of enthusuiasts probably wouldn't even exist if not for your fathers work.

You are exactly right. His legacy lives on!  I cant say enough good things about him. One thing  I noticed was he could stand up in front of a group and talk and then spend the rest of the day  walking around or sitting and talking with individuals. So many times I have seen at shows the experts spew forth their knowledge to a group and then leave. Carl would take time to talk to everyone. The best knowledge was learned in the parking lot of the host motel that evening as he was there next to the cars to touch and look and point to things and explained why or what. Always had a story of what things had to happen to produce something. He would look at all the cars. I remember him making the comments about problem areas on our cars now after so many years. Interesting that they rusted there but not over here.

Erin thanks for your message. I have the hi res photos of your Dad I posted earlier in this thread if you would like them I can email them to you.

Todd

http://www.chargerfever.com/

mikesbbody

This is very sad but if im to be honest this was the first time i had heard the name carl cameron! can someone direct me to a link about him so i can learn more about this awesome guy! or a list of his accomplishments that would be appreciated  :2thumbs: what i got through reading this was he designed the 70 challenger AND the charger (what years?) thanks again and sorry for my ignorance.

bull

Erin, thanks for stopping by and writing a few words about your dad. My dad passed away about five months after yours so I know exactly what you're going through. I didn't realize how much of an influence my dad had in my life until he was gone. Every once in a while I still reflect on events from the past and forget details and the first thing I think is "I'll ask dad how it happened" and then quickly realize I can't. It really stinks when you realize all that information and advice is gone forever. My dad and yours would have gotten along great since my dad was an avid NASCAR fan, especially back when the Charger first starting racing. My dad helped me rebuild my first Charger back in the early 80s and he loved the classic design as much as I do. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. By the way, do you live in Oregon too?

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on May 10, 2008, 05:45:01 PM
Every once in a while I still reflect on events from the past and forget details and the first thing I think is "I'll ask dad how it happened" and then quickly realize I can't.

Bull I am sorry for your loss. I understand that sentence all to well. I lost my father a couple years ago too.

I will have a question and think for a split second "Dad will know" and then you realize he is gone. I have even gone so far has to pick up the phone.

Well now that I am nice and depressed. . . . .

Sorry to hijack the thread.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford