News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok, I gotta know. Has anyone bought anything at all from PG Classic?

Started by bull, August 02, 2006, 12:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.pgclassic.com/

This place is hard for me to put my finger on. For one their website is full of misspellings and oddly constructed sentences such as: "We sell Direct Lower Price In the Market" and "We Specializing Reproduct Mopar Parts" which for some reason is a red flag to me. I guess it seems sloppy and lazy, like taking your car to a shop that looks like a war zone. That aside, it just seems too good to be true the stuff they're reproducing. Four speed top plates (and coming soon, they said, all the metal on top of the console), complete 1969 B-body Rally dash kits, etc. So has anyone dealt with them yet? Are they for real? How were you treated and how was the product?

Charger_Fan

I havent.
Buy something cheap from them, Bull & give us feedback.  :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

OttawaCharger

They've got an Ebay store as well.  I've checked their Ebay feedback and it seems ok.  :shruggy:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

CDN72SE

It's Canadian grammer, just kidding.  Actually a third of New Brunswick's population is French speaking so maybe English isn't the first language for some of the site creators.  I've actually been keeping my eye on the 1971/72 RT Rallye Taillight lenses and checking their feedback and haven't seen any comments on the lenses yet.
1972 Charger SE

NorwayCharger

Quote from: bull on August 02, 2006, 12:52:59 AM
http://www.pgclassic.com/

This place is hard for me to put my finger on. For one their website is full of misspellings and oddly constructed sentences such as: "We sell Direct Lower Price In the Market" and "We Specializing Reproduct Mopar Parts" which for some reason is a red flag to me. I guess it seems sloppy and lazy, like taking your car to a shop that looks like a war zone. That aside, it just seems too good to be true the stuff they're reproducing. Four speed top plates (and coming soon, they said, all the metal on top of the console), complete 1969 B-body Rally dash kits, etc. So has anyone dealt with them yet? Are they for real? How were you treated and how was the product?

I just ordered the tail Panel Moulding set for my 68, and guess what ;) they are shipped  from china....
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Old Moparz

There's a handful of people on Moparts that have bought from them & are happy with the items. PG if I recall, is a Chinese company & the letters PG is the owners initials. (Peter Gee?) They are cranking out a lot of repro parts at reasonable prices too.

Here's some chatter at Moparts about it:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2781594&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twilt

I have also read some of the threads on Moparts. One of the common themes is that many of PG`s repros arent concours restoration quality. They may be good.... and may be (relatively) cheap...... but aren`t necessarily 100 percent "correct"
As with many companies, to keep costs down, they do outsource a lot of the parts manufacturing to China.
I think they should be applauded for bringing so many much needed parts to market in such a short time. I am going to order a set of the 71-72 R/T/Rallye tail light lenses in the next few weeks. When i do get them, I will post in regard to their quality. 

lilwendal

I ordered a complete 68 tail chrome set and a 68 4 speed console plate.  I've talked to the people in Canada multiple times and they are friendly and helpfull.  There english is terrible and there native tounge definetly isnt french Canadian.  Heres a break down of my current tracking of the parts.  From Taishan county to the city of Guangzhou.  From there to JFK.  So yes this stuff is coming from China.  I should have my order by Friday and I'll give an update on fit and appearance then. Well see.

sunroofsuperbird

Hi I bought a set of vin tags and data plates from them and they were great. Stamping looked correct and all Nice parts but yes they came from china also.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Chris G.

Quote from: sunroofsuperbird on August 02, 2006, 07:33:53 PM
Hi I bought a set of vin tags and data plates from them and they were great. Stamping looked correct and all Nice parts but yes they came from china also.

Huh? They are stamping VIN tags? Hmmm, what's the criteria in order to get one made?

lilwendal

Well they arrived today.  Since these are 68 trim items I'm going to post the pics with the original link on the paint/body/trim board.  Overall very happy with the product. Especially for 175.00 for a complete tail panel set. So to answer the original post. Yes I've ordered from PGclassic and stuff arrived as advertised in less than 5 days from China.  Mike

Sinister68

I ordered a set of woodgrain dash trim pieces which weren't bad at all and the package was at my house in about 7 days (from China).  I'm not real keen on their prices but the parts are pretty good.  :yesnod:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Dennis K

I bought a set of their vacuum plated arm rest bases off Ebay, and they are beautiful. I dread the day I have to take them out of the package and install them for fear I might get a fingerprint on them. I also bought a pair of gas tank studs from them, and when I got them I noticed they didn't have locking nuts on them like the factory did, so I got some 3/8" locking nuts out of my toolbox, and found out the new studs are not 3/8", they are metric, probably 10mm, so I need to get some metric locking nuts for them someday. I also ordered the new 68 tail panel trim set, but don't have it yet.

bull

Quote from: Dennis K on August 09, 2006, 09:36:47 PM
I bought a set of their vacuum plated arm rest bases off Ebay, and they are beautiful. I dread the day I have to take them out of the package and install them for fear I might get a fingerprint on them. I also bought a pair of gas tank studs from them, and when I got them I noticed they didn't have locking nuts on them like the factory did, so I got some 3/8" locking nuts out of my toolbox, and found out the new studs are not 3/8", they are metric, probably 10mm, so I need to get some metric locking nuts for them someday. I also ordered the new 68 tail panel trim set, but don't have it yet.

You can't put any metric parts on a Charger!!! That's just wrong. ;)

Chryco Psycho

I ordered a set of shift rods from them , they are physically correct but the threads were mangled & need to be retapped , the shift levers were also correct But neither are hardened like the originals
overall they fit & work but may not last long without being hardened

CDN72SE

Quote from: twilt on August 02, 2006, 03:25:41 PM
I am going to order a set of the 71-72 R/T/Rallye tail light lenses in the next few weeks. When i do get them, I will post in regard to their quality. 

Well, I just received the repro taillight lenses and am very very happy with them.  I compared them side by side to an original pair and they are exact.  The colour, the way they fit in the bezels, and the markings were there (not the pentastar though).  Personally, the fact that they are new and look good is good enough for me.  I'm using them on my '72 SE so originality is not important.

They were packed very well and arrived in 4 business days (shipped and received within Canada).  I would definately recommend them.
1972 Charger SE