News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to? Glueing new vinyl to seat backs

Started by c5_nc, September 03, 2006, 02:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c5_nc

I've finished with my seats except the cardboard backs.  Rest of the process was easier than I thought!  Covers are PUI and it came extra material for backs but no instructions.  The spray adhesive I had laying around (not 3m) did not appear to work well or hold good, I imagine b/c of the thin foam on the back of the cardboard.  I tried loctite brand vinyl/plastic glue (10min set time) but it it messed up the material, it expands where the glue is and shows through and looked terrible.  I thought the material was ruined but after removing and setting in sun the material itself is fine.  I'm not sure how to attach now.  I tested with a spare piece of material and the headliner glue does not appear to hold very good at all.  I guess I need something strong that will not harm material.

c5_nc

Nevermind the 3M super77 worked much better.