News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A $300,000 Hemi Charger on E-Bay.

Started by chargerboy69, September 03, 2006, 08:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Wasn't there a 70 HEMI R/T at Carlisle with the HEMI tags on the rear of the front fender? I recall the owner saying they had always been there. Way odd to me.

If you have the magazines then feel free to post up. I just don't recall any cars being near $100,000 until the 90's. I know of a HEMI Daytona that was sold in the late 80's very well optioned car that was sold for $65K and that was outlandish. Same car was recently for sale for $1,500,000. Don't think it sold at that price though. Asking price though.

Ghoste

I don't remember it either, but I never say never.  I do still recall driving a Hemi Cuda vert across the auction block in 2000 that sold for an unprecedented 180k.  Hard to believe the superstar of this mania only went up 80k in a decade.

bill440rt

Chris G., Troy, & Lowprofile have hit the nail on the head with this thread. I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of appreciation by some of the members of this board with this car on eBay. You call yourselves "Charger-fanatics", but have done nothing but pick this car apart.  :rotz:   If in fact it is what it's presented to be on eBay, it is one of the best Charger finds in quite a while.

I live for rare finds like this. Here we have a super-rare car to begin with, still in the hands of the original owner. It has been babied all it's life, completely documented, well-preserved, etc. The original owner, now up in his years, is probably looking to enjoy his retirement. He might not be able to care for the car like he used to. Looking at the background, he's probably not rolling in dough either. If he is, he hides it very well. But, he has this one prize he's cared for since it was new. And he's offering it now, for the first time, to the Mopar hobby for all to appreciate & enjoy. If he can get $300,000 for that car, GREAT!!! I will agree that figure might be a bit much, but that car is EASILY into the 6-figures, probably close to the 300 mark he's looking for. It is probably the LAST unrestored, original owner, unmolested, matching #'s RT/SE HEMI Charger out there, period. There aren't any more. And some of you are complaining because it's green.  :flame: :flame:  For shame. And if the next owner, whoever he/she may be, is able to afford this car they surely can afford to put the correct wheels/tires on it. Gimme a break.

Wake up & smell the exhaust fumes, some of these cars are bringing 6 figures. It's just the way it's become. I personally have been offered well into the 6 figure range for my '70 R/T, & it's only a 440-4bbl. I turned it down only for the love of the car, nothing else. Who knows, maybe that old man in the photo might be ME someday, offering my prize to the next owner who will give it the same care like I have.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

I never said I didn't appreciate the car.  I said it's overpriced.  It's my opinion and I get to keep it so I'm sticking by it.  :icon_smile_big:

Shakey

Quote from: bill440rt on September 06, 2006, 06:19:36 PM
I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of appreciation by some of the members of this board with this car on eBay.

It's a '70 - whatd' you expect Bill?   :nana:

Six figure car - $100,000.00 - $999,999.00    :shruggy:

I'd buy and give it a proper frame off restoration!    :2thumbs:

dodge freak

I love Chargers well almost all rear wheel drive Mopars 1960-1980 expect for a few but I don't have that kind of money for a "car". Maybe it be a good investment but storage, insurance its only for "some type of people". Plus its on e-bay, yeah it might be legit, then again it would not be the first e-bay BS car and for $300,000 thats a heck of a chance. This is why people with that kind of money go to Bennet Jackson .

hemigeno

dodge freak

Well thats what people with money do. They want it just like brand new or better. The frame mounts are old , the frame even if it has not a bit of rust looks old, seats can't be as soft and firm as new. Those rich guys buy a car for $100,000 + and then spend a whole lot more to make it perfect and they don't lift a finger expect to write a check.

hemigeno

Shakey knows what I was getting at, and it had nothing to do with whether the car gets restored or not...

:icon_smile_big:

Shakey

Quote from: terrible one on September 06, 2006, 07:59:00 PM
A word. Unibody.

You'd rebody that car?  That's crazy talk!   :image_294343:

Unless you were going to put the body on that '70 Dave Landy Charger.   :yesnod:   :2thumbs:

Troy

Quote from: Shakey on September 06, 2006, 08:13:23 PM
Quote from: terrible one on September 06, 2006, 07:59:00 PM
A word. Unibody.

You'd rebody that car?  That's crazy talk!   :image_294343:

Unless you were going to put the body on that '70 Dave Landy Charger.   :yesnod:   :2thumbs:
Geez, I bet that one goes unnoticed too... :hah:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dodge Don

Quote from: dodge freak on September 06, 2006, 07:43:38 PM
Well thats what people with money do. They want it just like brand new or better. The frame mounts are old , the frame even if it has not a bit of rust looks old, seats can't be as soft and firm as new. Those rich guys buy a car for $100,000 + and then spend a whole lot more to make it perfect and they don't lift a finger expect to write a check.

Damn those rich people and their cheque writing fingers  :pity:

:horse: